SQAAD

Can't Sleep More Than 3 Hours After Awakening

34 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, SQAAD said:

When you nervous system is very active, first all why does this happen and what can you do to calm it down?

i'll spare you the complex explanation - you can probably get that from chat GPT. In a summary? You are probably stressed as f**k and need to figure out how to relax (basically what this entire forum is about) 

So do whatever it takes to calm yourself down - meditation, hot baths & showers, cuddling with a pet, watching some silly movies. But I think, ultimately, you need to process whatever the hell happened to you. Maybe you should work with a good therapist to guide you through that process. I don't know if @Emerald comes around often but you could reach out to her via https://www.thediamondnet.org/

Here are some DONT's for you if you struggle with panic attacks

• caffeine
  • stimulants of any kind 
  • more trips
  • cold showers
  • fasting and meal skipping 
  • loud music, scary movies and noisy environment 
  • arguments with people (even online) 

If it is very bad, some meds for a short term can help too 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

9 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@integral

I cannot go back to sleep.

How do you really know that 3 is  not enough? It maybe be enough for survival but not enough to remember everything that happened the previous day.

For the love of god my man, drop the new age stuff. your experiencing stage 1 adrenal fatigue that causes hyper activity with little sleep. Trust me you dont want to get to stage 2 when your digestion starts to fail because its gets harder and harder to reverse the situation and get back to baseline.

Sleep is way more then recording memory of the previous day. It is not sustainable long term to sleep 3 hours and if you dont take our advice youll learn it the hard way like i have.

Counter-intuitively the less you sleep the harder it is to sleep as more stress builds up in the system stimulating/agitating you more. After a while of doing this your going to experience a period of anxiety, headaches and major issue with rational thinking and your ability to sleep will be near 0.

To go back to sleep you need to relax, the issue is up to this point in your life youve relaxed automatically with out having to think about it. Now that your system is hyped up and stuck in fight or flight mode the automatic relaxation is not happening. So you need to meditate and relax more consciously. 

Breathing exercise can help, in general you want to learn the relaxing effects of these exercises and then relax all day with out the breathing exercise. Also exercise heavy body building 1-2 hours a day intensely to lower biological stress levels. But telling a INFP to exercise is like telling a frog to grow wings and fly. :P 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Michael569

6 hours ago, Michael569 said:

i'll spare you the complex explanation - you can probably get that from chat GPT. In a summary? You are probably stressed as f**k and need to figure out how to relax (basically what this entire forum is about) 

So do whatever it takes to calm yourself down - meditation, hot baths & showers, cuddling with a pet, watching some silly movies. But I think, ultimately, you need to process whatever the hell happened to you. Maybe you should work with a good therapist to guide you through that process. I don't know if @Emerald comes around often but you could reach out to her via https://www.thediamondnet.org/

Here are some DONT's for you if you struggle with panic attacks

• caffeine
  • stimulants of any kind 
  • more trips
  • cold showers
  • fasting and meal skipping 
  • loud music, scary movies and noisy environment 
  • arguments with people (even online) 

If it is very bad, some meds for a short term can help too 

I feel very energized. But not stressed.

@integral

20 hours ago, integral said:

For the love of god my man, drop the new age stuff. your experiencing stage 1 adrenal fatigue that causes hyper activity with little sleep. Trust me you dont want to get to stage 2 when your digestion starts to fail because its gets harder and harder to reverse the situation and get back to baseline.

What new age stuff are you talking more? Be more specific please.

Sleep is way more then recording memory of the previous day. It is not sustainable long term to sleep 3 hours and if you dont take our advice youll learn it the hard way like i have.

3 hours of sleep is enough for the body to repair itself as far as i know. If you were in a warzone your body would sacrifice the rem sleep which is regarded as less important in life or death situations.

I bet there are many people who have survived for years or even decades with 3 hours of sleep.

It's not ideal for sure. 

To go back to sleep you need to relax, the issue is up to this point in your life youve relaxed automatically with out having to think about it. Now that your system is hyped up and stuck in fight or flight mode the automatic relaxation is not happening. So you need to meditate and relax more consciously. 

No , this is false. The less you sleep, the more sleep pressure/drive you build which eventually forces you to sleep like a baby. What are you talking about?

But telling a INFP to exercise is like telling a frog to grow wings and fly. :P 

What does INFP stands for? I walk everyday for at least 1 hour. And i was even powerlifting for years at the past.

Also what  adrenal fatigue???? I have way more energy than ever before in my entire life.

Edited by SQAAD

If you have energy why you want to sleep more? I don't get it. 

5 hours ago, SQAAD said:

What new age stuff are you talking more? Be more specific please.

"I have awakened now I no longer need to sleep as much because my body and mind is more efficient"

5 hours ago, SQAAD said:

3 hours of sleep is enough for the body to repair itself as far as i know. If you were in a warzone your body would sacrifice the rem sleep which is regarded as less important in life or death situations.

I bet there are many people who have survived for years or even decades with 3 hours of sleep.

It's not ideal for sure. 

Nooooop does not apply to you, we are talking long term, short term you can survive with 0 sleep. People that can go long term in extremes like this have genetic super powers, they also always age badly. 

5 hours ago, SQAAD said:

No , this is false. The less you sleep, the more sleep pressure/drive you build which eventually forces you to sleep like a baby. What are you talking about?

Counter-intuitive. It depends on what state your in, if the issue is "energized" that means the central nervous system is stuck in a excitatory state and cant sleep. The end result is you cant feel tired, its the opposite problem. Because of this what happens is the body keeps pushing it self until it fails like a car running on max speed with no rest for years. 

5 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Also what  adrenal fatigue???? I have way more energy than ever before in my entire life.

Ya your stuck in a excitatory state. I was like that to for years. It comes to a really bad ending. That's what stage 1 adrenal fatigue is, its the opposite of what your thinking fatigue looks like.

Not being able to feel tired and rest is bad, cant you see that? If you drank non-stop coffee all day and report "i feel more energy then ever", is that a indication of progress? Its a indication of supressing the feeling of fatigue until it builds up and shows it self in different ways. How it will show it self is not by suddenly being tired, it does so by slowly feeling really really bad with headaches, organ issue, premature aging, digestive issues, and you still wont feel tired.

What happends is youll trade your youth. Its a trade off, not sleeping does not come for free, something is being exchanged for it. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@SQAAD Maybe some embodiment work could help, i.e. yoga nidra.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

@Javfly33

On 26/7/2023 at 2:08 PM, Javfly33 said:

If you have energy why you want to sleep more? I don't get it. 

That's a good question.  Mainly because of fear of losing my health. But i feel great with the 3 hours of sleep i get. 

@integral

On 26/7/2023 at 5:38 PM, integral said:

"I have awakened now I no longer need to sleep as much because my body and mind is more efficient"

Nooooop does not apply to you, we are talking long term, short term you can survive with 0 sleep. People that can go long term in extremes like this have genetic super powers, they also always age badly. 

I don't understand what you're talking about at times. How do you know what applies and what doesn't to me?

Just by the fact you stop resisting your experience, this reduces the energy you spend everyday and makes you need less sleep. When you are super motivated to accomplish stuff you also tend to sleep less.

People who want to escape life sleep the most.

I do not feel any negatives whatsoever and it's been like close to 3 weeks now. I feel super energized and calm at the same time. And with the 3 hours of sleep i feel very good too.

There is a lot we don't know about sleep. The 1st 3 hours of sleep are the most important to your body. If your body feels its time to cut sleep it will cut the latter part for some higher purpose (like surviving a challenging transformation).

Eventually my body will start sleeping more when it adjusts to the stresses of the new challenges i am currently facing.

Edited by SQAAD

I’ve been through this myself recently. The lack of sleep will eventually catch up to you and you’ll figure out how to get your sleep back.

For me it required medication adjustment and going to therapy with my dad. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 7/27/2023 at 10:39 PM, SQAAD said:

I do not feel any negatives whatsoever and it's been like close to 3 weeks now. I feel super energized and calm at the same time. And with the 3 hours of sleep i feel very good too.

Feel free to update us in another 1-3 months.

We will be here.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 7/27/2023 at 11:39 PM, SQAAD said:

I feel super energized and calm at the same time. And with the 3 hours of sleep i feel very good too.

Its very similar to sleep deprivation high, that then slowly changes to negative as the body can no longer function with so little recovery. 

@Yimpa

On 30/7/2023 at 4:34 AM, Yimpa said:

I’ve been through this myself recently. The lack of sleep will eventually catch up to you and you’ll figure out how to get your sleep back.

For me it required medication adjustment and going to therapy with my dad. 

I also take medication ocassianally to sleep more hours (Lorazepam & Olanzapine). 

I feel very well with 3 hours of sleep. It's just more tiring and difficult to go through the day.

I don't take these drugs all the time because i really don't wanna be on medications for very long. 

Do you have any advice for me and what should i do with this situation?

Thank you.

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD If you get those meds from a doctor or psychiatrist, I’d let them know that you don’t take them all the time; that you’d rather not be on them.