Maya_0

Some Insights I Realized In Meditation

11 posts in this topic

I have been sitting for an average of 3 hours doing insight meditation (with Mahasi noting) daily for the last few weeks.

On a few occasions, it became very clear to me that there really is nobody doing anything, commonly expressed as what the Buddhists call the insight of "no-self". It was clear that all these comments and topics, no one is writing them; it's just the will and whim of the Universe.

Images came into my mind in these deep states. I saw that all these meditation teachers like Daniel Ingram, Shinzen Young, Joseph Goldstein, even people like Leo don't exist -- they're all just part of this cosmic show. It's like if you were to pop a water balloon in zero-gravity, there would be all these little water droplets floating around in arbitrary directions. The same thing is happening with people going about their lives on Earth. And Just how the water droplets are transparent, people are transparent in the sense that they are empty of any essence of self.

I also realized that "people" is really just some abstract label and what a person or human truly is can't be put into words. I no longer knew people as "people" -- they were just these undefinable things going about.

Every step we take, every motion we make, we are essentially fooling ourselves in a sense because we believe (at least subconsciously) that there is some "me entity" that is controlling these things.  It seems the only true thing to do is to put on a smile and surrender the sense of control completely. 

A perfect man lives without any purpose; a perfect man moves, but without any motive. If you ask a perfect man, ‘What are you doing?’ he will say, ‘I don’t know, but this is what is happening ‘ If you ask me why I am talking to you, I will say, ‘Ask the flower why the flower is flowering.’ This is happening, this is not manipulated; there is no one to manipulate it, the boat is empty. ~Osho

<3

Edited by Maya_0

Very powerful...thank you.

Examine what you believe to be impossible, and then change your beliefs.

Great insight my friend. We are always perfect but our mind distracts us 

2 hours ago, Soulbass said:

Great.

Do you sit 3 hours in a row? Or with breaks?

I don't sit anymore than 45 minutes at a time. I was doing 4 sessions of 45 minutes spaced throughout a day.

• @Maya_0 I'm meditating also for some time already, and I'm starting to have this experience spontaneously during the day. I can't find a "doer", just things happening with no one "doing it", toughts, movements, actions etc... 

22 hours ago, Capethaz said:
  • @Maya_0 I'm meditating also for some time already, and I'm starting to have this experience spontaneously during the day. I can't find a "doer", just things happening with no one "doing it", toughts, movements, actions etc... 

Same here with experiencing the no-self it during my out and about day. It sounds strange but it's like I can actually see the no-self when I look at people. For example, When driving into work on the highway, it's clear that no one is driving any of the cars and it's almost as clear that there is no "doer entity" in this body driving. I'm doubtful this perception will last though since I'm no longer sitting in meditation for such great lengths of time.

Edited by Maya_0

• @Maya_0 Very interesting experience. I'm practicing samatha-vipassana acording to Culadasa. I find it more enjoyable than mahasi dry vipassana. Have you ever tried it? 

terrific, people are beings of energy, they're connected to their higher selves, connected to their lower selves.
There are infinite levels to a being, that's why each time you grow spiritually you see people in a new light.
and you start to realize there's no end, there never was such a static thing like ''people'', they are not absolute ,static, they are incredible energetic beings bursting of infinity.

and the more your clarity grows, the more new things you'll discover about people.the more you know yourself, the more you know others.
they are not a body, that's ridiculous, they're beings that span across entire dimensions, people are infinitely interesting

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

10 hours ago, Capethaz said:
  • @Maya_0 Very interesting experience. I'm practicing samatha-vipassana acording to Culadasa. I find it more enjoyable than mahasi dry vipassana. Have you ever tried it? 

No I haven't. May I ask what the basics of that technique is? I have been adding 5 minutes of concentration to my insight practice as Leo stated in his concentration meditation video.

Edited by Maya_0

@Maya_0 Focus on the breath with mindfulness. But it's very nuanced because you are not just focusing on the breath otherwise it would be pure concentration practice. He teaches samatha-vipassana (concentration + insight), and it is divided in 10 stages, that are very well described. Very methodical approach, I like it. The book is called The Mind Illuminated.