rnd

Dan Koe - useful content or not?

23 posts in this topic

https://www.youtube.com/@DanKoeTalks

Some of Dan's videos have helped me to some extent. But the more of them I watch, the more I think he deliberately overcomplicates things, uses fancy words: universe, metaphysics, infinity, God, creator economy, infinite mind ... in order to sound smarter whilst talking about info business and personal brand, writing and the ways to increase the amount of one's subscribers.

* He'll make baseless claims such as: 83% of people this, 69% of creators that,  47% of writes this... Where the fuck did he get those numbers from?

* Then he'll draw connection between unrelated things.  Yes, In a certain sense, every single thing is interconnected to any other one, in some way. But Dan here tries to teach info business rather than God realization.

* Then he'll talk about things such as "my high performing tweets". So you're more concerned about high performance -- the amount of views and shares -- rather than the content? "High performing" doesn't mean that they're useful. They're such because in them you tell people what they'd like to hear rather than they'd need to.

* All in all, Dan, I in my opinion, tries to talk in such a way  that it increase dopomine in his audience. But overwall it is barely usefull and practical. "Teach others how to create info-business which will teach others how to create info-business".

And it's impossible to ask such semi-gurus these questions directly: even if I post a comment on his Youtube, it'll get lost among hundreds and hundreds of others.

What do you think?

Edited by rnd

Use the parts that work and drop the rest.

Distinguish signal from noise.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just simplify Dans message to the core principles. Set a goal. Create a project centered around that goal. Then work at least one focused hour a day on that project.

For his business advice, its also relatively simple. Find what problems you are facing. Educate yourself and solve those problems. Document the process and teach others how to do it in video form or a course.

Dan Koe watches Actualized.org 

In one of his digital products he talks about Actualized.org being his #1 favorite YouTube channel.

I like his content.

He’s using systems thinking to teach business.

Mixing spirituality, self-actualization and metaphysics to teach business is a kind of innovation.

After all, it boils down to developing ourselves (physically, emotionally, spiritually).

43 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

Dan definitely has some great content.

The question is how much of it?

5% in each video.

@rnd

Take a look on his products.

It’s rare to see free content with deep insights.

1 hour ago, CARDOZZO said:

He’s using systems thinking to teach business.

Dan deliberately speaks in such a vague way and fancy way in order, perhaps, to disguise the fact he may not understand, nor have experienced what he tries to teach. Or not fully so.

Likewise, there're people who explain system thinking in business in more clear terms, and having applied it themselves. Check out Sam Ovens, Charlie Morgan

Edited by rnd

@rnd

I mean he's using systems thinking (holistic/integral thinking merging business and spirituality) to teach what he wants.

On 13/7/2023 at 9:11 PM, CARDOZZO said:

I mean he's using systems thinking (holistic/integral thinking merging business and spirituality) to teach what he wants.

Yes. And?

Wouldn't Dan's phrases such as

* my high performing tweets
 * 265 (?) thousands of downloads
 * 35 (?) thousands of subscribers
 * make your avatar (picture) look like the one  of a person who makes 1$ mln per year

imply that he aims for the vanity metrics -- downloads, subscribers and a good look -- rather than impact and usefulness of his content?

Even though there'll be 5% of something useful still in some of his videos.

Edited by rnd

@rnd It’s the game.

How would you sell it?

If he’s selling something to people who wants business results, he will talk about results and performance.

It doesn’t take the value of the content when he’s “bragging” about it. (If it’s true, why not talk about it?)

@rnd He’s literally giving you a chance to get results and build a brand.

You need to bite the bullet and test for yourself.

15 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

It doesn’t take the value of the content when he’s “bragging” about it. (If it’s true, why not talk about it?)

Because it's not once or twise, but more often than this. Besides, Dan hasn't talked about any other metric.

14 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

If he’s selling something to people who wants business results, he will talk about results and performance.

How are the amounts downloads and subscribers correlated to "results in business"?

27 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

@rnd He’s literally giving you a chance to get results and build a brand.

Dan isn't the God, nor a president, nor the only person who talks about business on Youtube -- to give me a chance.

He talks about spirituality too -- has he experienced all that? To what degree? Or does he repeat someelse's words like a parrot?

He may take away from me because by listening to wrong information one may end up going to a wrong direction.

Edited by rnd

6 minutes ago, rnd said:

He may take away from me because by listening to wrong information one may end up going to a wrong direction.

So stop it and don’t listen to him anymore.

Search for what you like and apply it ?

12 minutes ago, rnd said:

How are the amounts downloads and subscribers correlated to "results in business"?

It’s not entirely related, but as I said earlier, he will not give all the information with free content.

12 minutes ago, rnd said:

Every download and new subscriber is a potential lead who will buy a product. You will definitely see some correlation between subscribers/views and yearly income

I bought his Digital Economics course and watch his YT Videos.

I think Dan has a lot of good information; he watches Actualized.org, and it's clear the guy is deep and has made something out of his life. He's only 26.

That said, sometimes, he uses repetitive information, which he regurgitates in different ways in his videos. I find him insightful but not useful enough in practical terms. In his life, I'm sure he walks more than he talks. But in YT, it's all talk with no elaboration on how he walks his talk. His content is worth looking into, but don't expect Leo-Level of insights and practical knowledge. Dan is an apetizier worth trying! Actualized.org is the main meal.

He's only getting better. I will always stick around to see what he has to offer.