Samsonov

Regret and picking up old dreams

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

Do you think it's good to take up old dreams that you regret never starting even if right now you are not as passionate about them? 

Or is it better to wait for new one to appear and chase the fresh ones?

~Amit

I think it's important in case of something like a dream to determine whether you are passionate about it or not. If you're not really passionate about it then put it lower down your bucket list. But the real question is, how do you know if you're passionate about it or not? I mean we are talking about an old dream. Maybe you just forgot your passion for it, and as you delve deeper into actualizing that dream, your passion will fruit again as it used to be. So it's important that you determine truly whether you have actually lost your passion for it or just forgot about it.

On 7/10/2023 at 4:49 PM, Samsonov said:

Do you think it's good to take up old dreams that you regret never starting even if right now you are not as passionate about them? 

Yes

I may have one and I don't know if I would still like it. It might hv died out so idk. 

(Of course. Of course I would be happy. But not as if I was to do it sooner. When I was younger.)

On 10/07/2023 at 4:49 PM, Samsonov said:

Hi everyone, 

Or is it better to wait for new one to appear and chase the fresh ones?

~Amit

You say you regret never starting your old dreams, but you are not very passionate about them anymore. To me there seems to be a contradiction. 
right now, do you really regret or do you feel not passionate ? 

What's the harm in trying? I recently started doing martial arts which I should have started much younger, but I'm still very glad I did. All the things I wanted to do at one point I'm glad I did, changed my life nonetheless.