Yimpa

Meta Launches Twitter Rival App “Threads”

49 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2023 at 9:23 PM, Bobby_2021 said:

His entire motto is why innovate when you can imitate. 

Zuck has done a ton of innovation in VR. So your characterization of him is just not objective. Try to be less biased.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Zuck has done a ton of innovation in VR. So your characterization of him is just not objective. Try to be less biased.

*Try to be less human.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Facebook stock, interesting. Didn't know they started going back up a while ago.

meta.png

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Threads does have a chance to eat half of Twitter's business, simply because Facebook can leverage its insanely massive existing userbase to grab a foothold and then pump that up with billions in ads. While Musk is being a cheap bastard Zuck can throw tens of billions at Threads like he did at VR.

Today I woke up different. Ok I could give it a chance, I also thought the possibility of what if Threads become so good and more popular than Twitter that Twitter could end up selling their company to Meta or somehow end up working together. Since it seems easier to use than Twitter it is also attracting the younger generation. 

34 minutes ago, Juan said:

Twitter could end up selling their company to Meta or somehow end up working together.

Musk would rather die than allow that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Or transfer his WHOLE network into Mars.???‍♂️

So I made a Threads account if anyone want to follow:

https://www.threads.net/@artejusino

For now it is way simpler and easier to use than Twitter. If you’re in dark mode it matches the vibe of Actualized.org with the black and white and blue color for the links. I asume it will add more “Twitter features” like people being able to see what you liked, etc. 

Edited by Juan

On 10.7.2023 at 6:23 AM, Bobby_2021 said:

Twitter offers the best solution as reasonably possible as far as tech is considered. 

I would not say so. The algorithm is extremly biased towards shocking, radical, aggresive statements. If you flood the zone with bullshit, you can't really created an intelectual space. 

Also short form content will never really be suited to intelectuality anyways.

Edited by Philipp

1 hour ago, Juan said:

Twitter could end up selling their company to Meta or somehow end up working together.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe Musk will buy Truth Social and integrate it with Twitter.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 7/11/2023 at 11:42 AM, Leo Gura said:

If throwing billions at your pet project  for a playStation 2 graphics is what you call as innovation, I might be a little biased against him. 

images (6).jpeg

He was never serious enough to make it work like Musk or even bezos who is hell bent on blue origin project.

Apart from Facebook most of the revenue they generated came from either acquiring or imitating rival companies while selling your privacy to corporations which is why threads are banned in the EU. 

----------

I have used threads and I must say it's not bad for an app that is a week old. All the issues could be fixed with the talent they possess. Musk is scared for his life here.

Competition in this space is good for the end consumer however you see it. So I think launching threads is a big win for users. I am going to use it to post woo woo soy "safe" content on threads while using twitter to be more real and authentic. 

Musk has killed a lot of small business recently by over pricing their api. Now I heard that he is rolling out the free access again. ? 

Edited by Bobby_2021