ivankiss

Fools. Some lines should not be crossed.

76 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2023 at 0:36 PM, Princess Arabia said:

I guess that's how "trolls" were born.? not giving a f@&# how they conduct themselves online and being insensitive, because it's just the internet. But the internet is just a tool and can be used to better ourselves as humans plus the internet is the wave of the future. So I guess were going to produce a lot more assholes in the future then.

I have the benefit of seeing what life was before the internet, and there were trolls back then, too. The internet just amplifies it, it makes it appear like there is more, or it's getting worse or some other form of dramatizing it. The context and scope become abstract.

There will always be some new form of social interactions to use, that's just how we are wired as a species. Add in some technology, and it can cause some to lose all humanity, if some humans weren't already adept at dehumanizing. Again, just amplifying it.

Our work in the face of all the antics is actually not a doing, it's being at peace.

5 hours ago, SOUL said:

I have the benefit of seeing what life was before the internet, and there were trolls back then, too. The internet just amplifies it, it makes it appear like there is more, or it's getting worse or some other form of dramatizing it. The context and scope become abstract.

There will always be some new form of social interactions to use, that's just how we are wired as a species. Add in some technology, and it can cause some to lose all humanity, if some humans weren't already adept at dehumanizing. Again, just amplifying it.

Our work in the face of all the antics is actually not a doing, it's being at peace.

Yes but the term "troll" refers to internet use. It's an internet slang. Referring to my original comment. Rudeness always was and always will be. Idk if the internet amplifies rudeness or not but being rude is a human trait. So, to me, that's not dehumanizing. Some people just have a lot of baggage that they dump on the internet to whomever gets in the way, just like road rage. It's just pent up energy that needs somewhere to go. But, as you say, being at peace is the ultimate goal and since we don't know how to properly use our minds and direct our thoughts, we struggle with how to maintain our natural state which is peace.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

5 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yes but the term "troll" refers to internet use. It's an internet slang. Referring to my original comment. Rudeness always was and always will be. Idk if the internet amplifies rudeness or not but being rude is a human trait. So, to me, that's not dehumanizing. Some people just have a lot of baggage that they dump on the internet to whomever gets in the way, just like road rage. It's just pent up energy that needs somewhere to go. But, as you say, being at peace is the ultimate goal and since we don't know how to properly use our minds and direct our thoughts, we struggle with how to maintain our natural state which is peace.

The term troll existed before the internet, people just repurposed the term to describe behavior on the internet. Some like to use the term as in someone is being a 'troll', which in folk lore aren't considered human, so feeds into the dehumanizing aspect of using the term.

There is also the behavior of trolling, which uses the fishing technique of trolling as an example of how someone would bait to catch a fish and the posts some would use to bait arguments. The internet is good at reusing old concepts for new meanings and is useful in that way.

You may not be dehumanizing others, that is appreciated, yet it would be hard to argue that this electronic medium of social interactions hasn't created more separation between us as a society so is also increased the dehumanizing. It's just interacting with avatars now.

Those who are doing inner work may have a deeper insight into the self suffering of an appearance of separation and identity with avatars. Which touches on a point of this thread about calling the appearance of others' avatars fools as an expression of inner conflict.

Of course, one can have criticisms about the discourse that goes on here without allowing it to disturb our peace. Especially if one has transcended identity with the avatars, the words, the opinions and the appearance of separation the behavior exhibited would reflect it.

4 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Of course, one can have criticisms about the discourse that goes on here without allowing it to disturb our peace. 

What do you consider “our peace”?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 minute ago, SOUL said:

The term troll existed before the internet, people just repurposed the term to describe behavior on the internet. Some like to use the term as in someone is being a 'troll', which in folk lore aren't considered human, so feeds into the dehumanizing aspect of using the term.

There is also the behavior of trolling, which uses the fishing technique of trolling as an example of how someone would bait to catch a fish and the posts some would use to bait arguments. The internet is good at reusing old concepts for new meanings and is useful in that way.

You may not be dehumanizing others, that is appreciated, yet it would be hard to argue that this electronic medium of social interactions hasn't created more separation between us as a society so is also increased the dehumanizing. It's just interacting with avatars now.

Those who are doing inner work may have a deeper insight into the self suffering of an appearance of separation and identity with avatars. Which touches on a point of this thread about calling the appearance of others' avatars fools as an expression of inner conflict.

Of course, one can have criticisms about the discourse that goes on here without allowing it to disturb our peace. Especially if one has transcended identity with the avatars, the words, the opinions and the appearance of separation the behavior exhibited would reflect it.

Point taken. But sometimes we should rethink this 'separation' narrative because, if it weren't for the internet, you and I wouldn't be speaking right now. Sometimes on the surface things appear one way, but when we go deeper it turns out to be another. Yes, the physical aspect has diminished a bit, but I think the internet has brought us closer. There has never been any other time in history where so many people can come together in so many different ways to share our story. We get so used to being a particular way that anything that veers away from what we have become accustomed to, we classify it as negative without seeing the change for what it is. The internet has brought us closer together, not separated us; but, of course, that depends on how you look at it. 

29 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

What do you consider “our peace”?

Peace is the absence of conflict....'our peace' would refer to an absence of conflict, distress or self suffering within our own consciousness. Now applying it to some of the dynamics going on with social interactions, including online.

So 'being at peace' would not only an absence of conflict but is also a presence of harmony that exists in our own consciousness and expands from our own consciousness in perception to all expressions of consciousness we perceive.

This may be a challenge when encountering differing opinions and expressions that don't resonate with our own. It can create a conflict within us if we believe our own perspective to be 'right', 'good' and 'truth' with others that differ are 'wrong', 'bad' and 'false'.

This forum is replete with examples of this but is not limited to this forum.

2 minutes ago, SOUL said:

This forum is replete with examples of this but is not limited to this forum.

Of course. That’s by design. The trick is not to avoid confrontation, but to confront the TRUTH in any given situation.

I would say MY design, but that would be egoic :P

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

42 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Point taken. But sometimes we should rethink this 'separation' narrative because, if it weren't for the internet, you and I wouldn't be speaking right now. Sometimes on the surface things appear one way, but when we go deeper it turns out to be another. Yes, the physical aspect has diminished a bit, but I think the internet has brought us closer. There has never been any other time in history where so many people can come together in so many different ways to share our story. We get so used to being a particular way that anything that veers away from what we have become accustomed to, we classify it as negative without seeing the change for what it is. The internet has brought us closer together, not separated us; but, of course, that depends on how you look at it. 

Yes, if we transcend the avatarization(even a word?) of the internet and embrace the humanity behind the pixels then it can connect people to each other.

Especially for people that have been shunned and shamed by portions of society so they can actually feel they are a part of a community instead of apart from society.

We can acknowledge the uplifting and connecting potential without ignoring the reality of finger pointing at 'fools' and othering that goes on all too often.

8 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Of course. That’s by design. The trick is not to avoid confrontation, but to confront the TRUTH in any given situation.

I would say MY design, but that would be egoic :P

Why confront truth? What is truth that it needs to be confronted? Why be in conflict with truth? Who is determining what the truth is that needs to be confronted? Your egoic design?

7 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Yes, if we transcend the avatarization(even a word?) of the internet and embrace the humanity behind the pixels then it can connect people to each other.

Especially for people that have been shunned and shamed by portions of society so they can actually feel they are a part of a community instead of apart from society.

We can acknowledge the uplifting and connecting potential without ignoring the reality of finger pointing at 'fools' and othering that goes on all too often.

In the beginning, it’s important to feel accepted and welcomed in any community you’re a part of. But that safety net can only hold you up for so long. Eventually, you’re going to have to wisen up and discover your own Sovereignty. By doing so, you’ll not only be able to be a part of any community, but you’ll see LOVE expressed, regardless of how LOVE wants to express LOVE.

4 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Why confront truth? What is truth that it needs to be confronted? Why be in conflict with truth? Who is determining what the truth is that needs to be confronted? Your egoic design?

YOU!

Avoiding conflict is the falsehood.

Edited by Yimpa

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Avoiding conflict is the falsehood.

I said it is absence of conflict in response to you asking what is 'our peace', that's what peace is, an absence of conflict. I never said avoiding conflict, that's what your mind told you I said or how you interpreted what I said but I never said it.

To avoid a conflict, the conflict would have to exist and someone is avoiding it by going around it, or they are taking action to not meet it. Or we could suggest it means that someone is a-'voiding' the conflict, they are negating or erasing it.

This would also be saying someone is doing something or efforting in some way to 'void' out the already existing conflict. Peace is the absence of conflict, not the voiding of conflict, so your interpretation of what you heard me say is the falsehood, not my words.

Genuine inner peace is an absence of conflict in our consciousness, and the only thing to do to find inner peace is to not do the thing.

Edited by SOUL

GOD is grate :)

3 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

GOD is grate :)

grate

grāt

intransitive verb

To reduce to fragments, shreds, or powder by rubbing against an abrasive surface.

To cause to make a harsh grinding or rasping sound through friction.

To irritate or annoy persistently.

xD

20 minutes ago, SOUL said:

xD

21 minutes ago, SOUL said:

xD

?leave Yimpa alone. He doesn't have auto correct.

@Princess Arabia  Oh, I am simply enjoying the moment of pure innocent revelation, there is nothing to correct. It's grate!!!:x

Edited by SOUL

3 minutes ago, SOUL said:

@Princess Arabia  Oh, I was simply enjoying the moment of pure innocent revelation, there was nothing to correct. It's grate!!!:x

OK greyt?