Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loreena

If Laughter Is

8 posts in this topic

If laughter is the best medicine, why aren't you laughing right now ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

-_-@Robert66 Who said you wanted a cure ? Nobody.

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I giggle chuckle and laugh lots. people think I'm weird for it! lol.

A fake laugh is even worse, but if you genuinely can be silly and laugh with yourself than that is great :)

Humor is a great counter-balance to attributing over-importance to things, which can make you overly serious and lead to anger and developing unhealthy rationalizations that support you treating people like crap because this "other thing" is too important and too serious to take the time to correct the behavior.

In a single instance this might not seem like too big a deal, but in the long-term it can have a deep effect. In fact, I bet if you think about it you can easily identify people you've came across in your own life who have this issue. The business man who only cares about the bottom line and making money is too important to pull away from to spend time with his kids and play or to be kind to others. Or perhaps the guy who is only interested in things of intellectual importance and "has no time for silly things" so he's generally an egotistical pain in the ass to be around. 

Or shit, even the people who get angry at others who drive super slow and arrive at their destination in irritation, rather than laughing it off as not a big deal (I've been working on this one myself to great effect).

I'm super thankful for humor and I will strategically use it to deflate the importance of things that aren't really that big of a deal so I can treat people better and be more at ease and happy within myself.

For me at least, it's a foundational or core tool for modulating my rapport with the world. It makes you more flexible and less brittle, plus less abrasive to be around.

If everything is always so serious and the most important thing in the world that other people "just don't understand". Chances are you can use some humor in your life to counterbalance that way of being :)

Edited by Salaam