LSD-Rumi

Any people with bipolar disorder here?

26 posts in this topic

Spiritual progress is your best bet for improving depressive symptoms, but exercise is quite good also as people have said here. Get more sunlight, or buy a light therapy device (highly recommended). A device for $50 on Amazon works just fine. Go for a walk outside if you can while depressed. Get moving, change your environment, get a haircut. A plant-based diet might help. Keep in mind that sleep is a HUGE factor in bipolar disorder. Less sleep tends to induce mania. Too much sleep tends to induce depression. 

Most importantly, it is going to help you more in the long run to find ways to be extremely depressed without it phasing you or causing you to act out against your best interest. 

Check out this website: https://www.bipolaradvantage.com/all-courses/bio/

The methodology taught there is based off of increasing your capacity to better handle a greater range of mental and emotional states. You will not become better at living with the disorder if your goal is to remove all symptoms. That will not work. You must instead learn to groove and boogie through life just fine whether in a deep depression or strong manic episode. This is of course easier said than done. 

Medication can help a lot, but it took me a lot of spiritual progress before I could tolerate a high amount of medication without the side effects ruining me. If you’re serious about improving your depression, I’d suggest looking into Buddhism and practicing it. The main focus of Buddhism is to solve the problem of suffering which no other major tradition can claim to the same degree. 

How I Deal with Depression from Someone Who Has Bipolar Disorder & Pursued Enlightenment for 9 Years

How to Overcome Bipolar Disorder

🍄 Bipolar Disorder & Psychedelics - Should You Do Them? 🤔

Dealing with Bipolar Depression

The Importance of Medication in Bipolar Disorder

How Mood Cycling Occurs in Bipolar Disoder

Those are some of my more direct videos about handling bipolar disorder. There are more on the channel if you find them helpful. 

Good luck. You can certainly improve your condition over time. 

The personal sacrifices one makes in the pursuit of the Truth are proportional to one’s level of Realization. 

@BipolarGrowth I’m proud of you :)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

@BipolarGrowth Sorry for the late response. What type do you have? I am type 2, so my main struggle is depression. I learned to accept depression, but oh god, it is very difficult to do so. What kind of struggles did you go through? Did you take any drugs? how did they affect you?

On 27/03/2024 at 8:06 PM, BipolarGrowth said:

Medication can help a lot, but it took me a lot of spiritual progress

Lithium or lamotrigine?

On 27/03/2024 at 8:06 PM, BipolarGrowth said:

Buddhism is to solve the problem of suffering which no other major tradition can claim to the same degree. 

Like meditation?

I didn't have a diagnosis until 5 years of chronic depression. I didn't understand what's wrong with me . Last year,I recognized for the first time a hpomaanic/manic episode, which resulted from taking 3 meo pce, a mania inducing dissociative. Now, looking back it, I have always, had hypomanic episodes following depression but it was so subtle, I didn't notice them. I suspected once, that I had bipolar, and asked my therapist about it, but she brushed it away. I tried so many medications and then medication combos until I finally I found the right combination for me. I is very unusual combo but it worked for me.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Self diagnosing with type 2 bipolar but it really matches up perfectly. Recently had a horrible episode. @BipolarGrowth videos look fascinating im watching those today