Twega

The Most Essential Things for Living your LP

12 posts in this topic

What are the most essential/insightful/powerful lessons/teachings specifically for actualizing your life purpose?

Ex:

• insights on life purpose, or on the LP course.
  • Insights you found which aren't in the LP course
  • Quotes, books, resources
  • Mindsets, methods, and ways of doing things that helped you actualize your LP.

If I was to give top 5 at no particular order of priority 

1. Figuring out how to eliminate distractions and being able to dedicate a few intense focus slots per day even if you feel bored and unmotivated - especially when you feel bored and unmotivated. 
  2. Daily reading - books, research, blogs, articles  - in your particular area of interest 
  3. Learning to be okay with never-ending uncertainty (my greatest struggle) 
  4. Being at your absolute peak fitness level - the fitter you are the more energy you have and the sharper your mind & memory is. 
  5. Not expecting anyone to gratify or glorify you for what you do especially when you feel needy for approval. LP is a lonely game

I'm working through all of those myself but this would probably be my top 5. The tips and tricks you can learn from Leo and people like Cal Newport by watching & reading their material. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Clarify what you want out of life - create a deliberate purpose for encompassing certain activities aligned to it

Commit to it

Develop a vision of the necessary steps required to accomplish the results you want. Create an image of what you want in your physical environment, relationships, career, depending on the purpose

Edited by UnbornTao

19 hours ago, Michael569 said:

If I was to give top 5 at no particular order of priority 

1. Figuring out how to eliminate distractions and being able to dedicate a few intense focus slots per day even if you feel bored and unmotivated - especially when you feel bored and unmotivated. 
  2. Daily reading - books, research, blogs, articles  - in your particular area of interest 
  3. Learning to be okay with never-ending uncertainty (my greatest struggle) 
  4. Being at your absolute peak fitness level - the fitter you are the more energy you have and the sharper your mind & memory is. 
  5. Not expecting anyone to gratify or glorify you for what you do especially when you feel needy for approval. LP is a lonely game

I'm working through all of those myself but this would probably be my top 5. The tips and tricks you can learn from Leo and people like Cal Newport by watching & reading their material. 

very nice, thanks for sharing.

Consistently taking action.

All growth, learning, and breakthroughs with your LP come from showing up daily and taking action. Thats really the key imo. 

Everything else will follow.

Also, you don't have to complicate it. Follow your intuition and trust yourself. It's not going to turn out / happen 100% perfectly exactly how you want it to, so you may as well enjoy the journey and let it surprise you. 

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

On 7/10/2023 at 10:13 PM, VictorB02 said:

Consistently taking action.

All growth, learning, and breakthroughs with your LP come from showing up daily and taking action. Thats really the key imo. 

Everything else will follow.

Also, you don't have to complicate it. Follow your intuition and trust yourself. It's not going to turn out / happen 100% perfectly exactly how you want it to, so you may as well enjoy the journey and let it surprise you. 

This is simple yet profoundly underrated advice. I have a tendency to overcomplicate things. Enjoying the journey and looking forward to surprises resonates deeply with me. Thanks for the reminder, friend.

Journaling.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

• Knowing the value and strength is important.
  • Ikigai, but sometimes it doesn't work.
  • The book I recommend is "The Big Leap" by Gay Hendricks.
  • Follow your passion, remember the struggles in your life, and answer the $100 million question; it can be a big clue.

I personally agree that Leo's LP course is the best way to find a life purpose.

I have struggled to find my life purpose for 10 years. Then I took the Actualized Life Purpose course twice before gaining some clarity. The key important point for me is answering the most important question. Remember, you might find imperfect things while finding your life purpose. If you feel stuck, go with what is most important, and let go of perfection or what is less important. That's the thing that helped me find my life purpose, and I'm still working on realizing it in practice!

Money

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 28.7.2023 at 7:05 PM, Thought Art said:

Money

Same, I don't feel I am there, yet it's more seeing progress externally rewarded. I contemplated this map today for a bit, I don't really know how to go about it. As so much pd is internally derived, yet at times having external gratification and means is quiet nice. (the topics was different though https://integrallife.com/sex-identity-gender-beyond-wokism-and-trumpism/#) might still be interesting...

Polarity-IntrinsicValueAndExtrinsicValue

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Being able to break your own rules 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI