ivankiss

'Ego' as a tool - Instead of an enemy

23 posts in this topic

I do not necessarily believe in there being this thing called 'ego', but let's say there is some reality to it... what if it was never in your way? What if it's supposed to be where it is, as it is, doing what it's doing best? 

What if I told you that it is absolutely necessary for you to have 'an ego' in order to come to know yourself? To relate to yourself and/or others?

'Ego' is like an extension. A tool that enables you to interact with reality. With yourself. It is as it is by God's design. Born out of the same infinitely intelligent source - as all else.

I know many people have many definitions about what ego is or isn't, is it real or an illusion, etc. As said, I don't really believe in it. I don't necessarily believe in personalities, either. In my conscious experience, there is only thought, feeling and perception. There is a thought of an ego... or you. There is a sensation of there being a you (usually located in the abdominal area), there can be a perception of a you or an I... But in actuality, there is no ego. No self.

HOWEVER.

You absolutely need 'an ego' in order to function in this reality. If someone tells you they don't have one - they're full of shit and indeed have an enormous ego.

If you like, you can look at ego in this instance as a cocktail of thoughts, feelings and perceptions. And you cannot function without those. You wouldn't be able to tell left from right, stand up straight and walk, you wouldn't understand language, nothing... You would simply not be there. I know this and can claim it with such confidence because I went beyond, numerous times. I killed myself a few times - if you wanna put it that way. I know what's beyond, because I wasn't there - if that makes any sense to you. I disappeared and then I reappeared. That's how I know the unknowable.

So... what if you could use this tool called 'ego' to create amazing things? What if you could perfect it and sharpen it? Make it so that it's a perfect reflection of God? Make it so that it's as close to God in its nature as possible? What if you were to make it barely noticable? As if it's not even there? As if there is no tool... just God doing its magic?

Think about it.... You were not sent here from Heaven to get rid of a bunch of garbage - including your ego. You are here to experience yourself. To transform. To forever keep expanding into yourself. What's meant to go will fall off on its own... No need to forcefully cut out anything. 

Learn how to use the tool before you begin to demonize it and try to banish it out of town. Utilize it. Make the best out of it. Make it nice and shiny, true and unique. Love the shit out of it.

Don't be afraid to be you. You won't lose your enlightened mints if you respond to your birth name or something... It's ok to be you.

ego is good and fine, was just that people lead me astray when i was innocent and helpless, it was done to them the same way

i can do much better, i need to reprogram myself by adopting the correct identification and integrating it wholly

ego is nothing more than a word to designate a limited, unpleasant, stupid, greedy and miserable way of existing that consists of wanting to save water in the sea . the ego must be transcended, life must be lived in the openess, otherwise it is much better to be dead.

14 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

find that to be only one side of the coin. It's incomplete. Not the whole truth.

It depends what you mean with ego. If we refer to human identity, the need to eat and not freeze to death, etc., yes, the ego is absolutely necessary. but the ego is not that, it is the social matrix learned by human interaction, which makes us prisoners. the human is not just an individual, he is a hive entity. the hive always takes control, and we are programmed puppets. our motivation is suffering and our experience is complete shit, slaves at the service of the tumor monster that is expanding. it's expanded enough, there's no need for that software anymore. We have to turn it off completely. That's why we are interested in spirituality, not just to have a better ego, but to erase it and to get opening to the absolute reality, full time. That's life, the other options is a hell, because the time for that is done, at least for you and for me, that's why we are here posting

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall I see your point, and I do agree with some of what you said, but not entirely. It almost comes of as some sort of a conspiracy theory.

Our definitions of 'an ego' differ, yes...

What I'm basically saying is that you need ego in order to know God. God needs ego to know God.

Also, any social interaction would be impossible without it. It cannot be fully dissolved. That's fantasy. You can transcend it completely and become nothing - so to spea - but as long as you want to walk this earth and accomplish things here, you will end up coming back to ego.

Adjusting, improving, stabilizing, etc. 

@Breakingthewall Once you recognize that the ego is a mechanism, a tool for identification and navigation, it will immediately relieve you. A tool, by definition, is neither good nor bad. It's just a tool. Use wisely as intended, and everything will be ok. Let me give an example: the ego claims that I am Polish and Polish matters are the most important to me - but I increase the scope of identification from a Polish to a European to an Earthling to an Alien because everyone living in the Cosmos is an Alien. And in this extremely simplified way of expanding identification, I transcend the importance of my problems of me - a Pole, to the inhabitants of the Cosmos, equal to everything and everyone. And existence as a human alien immediately becomes lighter.
By the way - a whole lot of adventures are waiting for us here! Don't give up so easily, my Friend!

@Breakingthewall Always ask yourself, where is the joy? JOY THAT YOU ARE!

Without joy, without fun, without a true smile shining in one's eyes, there is no full liberation for me, at least. 

@ivankiss @Kuba Powiertowski the problem with the ego is that it's a barrier. Do you want to live with that barrier, or not? That is the question. If it's acceptable to you, great. but the reality is that the beauty of the absolute completely eclipses the ego. the ego is misery. the ego is a closed door, it is vital greed. transcending the ego does not mean that you are a vegetable, it means that you give up control, completely. You remove the barrier, your vision is infinite. You live directly, not in a bubble of though that separate you from the reality. Don't do that is extremely stupid if you have the chance

@Breakingthewall, But you can expand or break these barriers; it's only up to you. If the ega is a closed door, then you have keys to open it whenever you want. By demonizing the ego, you give it a negative burden completely unnecessarily. Do you want to get rid of the tool, the interface, thanks to which you can experience being human? Because being human is so bad? Such a shit? Do you understand what I mean?

@Breakingthewall From my point of view, it's better to see the positive side of all the fun, reach for the updates from inner technologies and make the most of this adventure with all its ups and downs. And as Bob Dylan said to Joan Baez in the Rolling Thunder Revue, "Don't overthink or everything will go fuck."

23 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

you want to get rid of the tool, the interface, thanks to which you can experience being human? Because being human is so bad? Such a shit? Do you understand what I mean?

Its not like that, be human is not the ego. The ego is a software that makes you a puppet of the evolution of the social matrix. You can be a human prisoner of the ego, or free from the ego. Free from the ego is when you see immortality now, real. you realize the absolute, truly. beyond the mind, the Truth. do you really see this now? then you have transcended your ego. and it is not something black or white, there are degrees. once you taste the absolute and lose the fear, or part of the fear, you want more of it. This is the next step in life, in evolution, but not the social evolution, the evolution of your trip as existence manifested.

Ego is that which preaches about God. Ego is that which helps others and guides them towards the Light. Ego is not just that corrupt politician or that neurotic guru or whatever else. It's not all dark and unconscious. 

'A transformed ego' is of service to Oneness. It knows its place. It does not try hard to be anything more than it is. It is humble and grounded. It does not try to play God. Even though it understands it is ultimately (of) God. Not separate, but One.

Here's the simplest way I can put it - just so that those reading understand what ego is in my eyes:

Ego is that which makes it seem as if there are two (or many) instead of One.

Ego is a user interface that our awareness uses to navigate an appearance of environment and we can rewrite the code for it...well, we are always rewriting the code even if we don't think or know we are.

@SOUL Yes, I like how that sounds. Kinda sci-fi, but not untrue.

@ivankiss  Yea, nowadays, we have to compare things to computers or video games otherwise the youth will tune it out. xD

@ivankiss  Thirty plus years of trying to explain the simple nature of well being has led me to get creative with it and each generation has their way of connecting to things or it winds up that the simple sounds boring.

Well being is exciting for me, it's amazing and I hope everyone will experience it in their lifetime.

You did a great job in the opening post, I just used the same premise and spun it more succinctly. An expanded explanation is useful, too. Just ask Leo, he's a master of the expanded explanation.

In my life I don't often have 3 hours to explain things so I have an elevator pitch for liberation from self suffering.

Edited by SOUL