michaelcycle00

How precisely can you quantify God's will?

27 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

What do you think about educating children in the awakening?

Sri Anandamayi Ma was an example of this going well. Some even claim she was born ego-less and never developed one.

An example of this going not so well, probably - little boys recruited for monk training. There is an excellent Nepalese movie "Samsara" that touches on the topic of whether this is a healthy thing to do.

My opinion is that we need a stable functioning deeply Yellow society (country even) before we even begin to consider teaching little children spirituality.

On 2023-06-07 at 10:22 AM, michaelcycle00 said:

"Everything is God's will".

Ok, what is "God's will" in practical terms? How can you measure it? What's the closest you can get to understanding it?

See, if none of the above questions can be answered then that sentence is void of any useful meaning. God is infinite, so anything you can or cannot conceive you could call "God's will", leaving us nowhere.

I think the best measurement of God's will is in relation to our personal will.

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Moksha i don't mean the culture, i mean if you teach a kid now. I don't mean to teach him/her to fill his head with bullshits, but to educate him in the total absence of fear, in total acceptance, in total courage and in total openness to reality. Obviously, for that you have to meet those requirements first.

I would teach anyone, regardless of their age, if they are ready to learn. There's a good reason teaching spirituality has traditionally been reserved for the sincere, and even then it is moderated according to the maturity of the person wanting to learn.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, WeCome1 said:

There is an excellent Nepalese movie "Samsara" that touches on the topic of whether this is a healthy thing to do.

@Moksha interesting, i will check

3 minutes ago, Moksha said:

There's a good reason teaching spirituality has traditionally been reserved for the sincere,

Exactly, that is. not every child is fit for that path. It is not something that can be forced for everyone, it is innate

11 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

So it just "is", end? No further understanding?

It just is, but there is insane understanding to be had of isness.

You don't understand it yet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Exactly, that is. not every child is fit for that path. It is not something that can be forced for everyone, it is innate

It's innate, and readiness evolves with experience. The spiritual path is unique for each form. The absolute shapes its circumstances, its encounters, and its practices to prepare itself for awakening. Until the confluence happens, there's no point in teaching someone before they are ready to learn.

Still, there's value in spiritual practice. People that claim they have no free will, and assume an annihilistic attitude, only reinforce the bars of their prison. They don't realize that spiritual practice is the absolute preparing the way within them to be free.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

11 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

I want to know, I want to understand. There's probably nothing else in the universe worth understanding more than this, no?

Maybe it could be useful to ponder about what could be Absolute Meaning? ;)