CARDOZZO

I Was Lost, Until....

11 posts in this topic

If you guys are spiritual hardcores probably you've read tons of books and learned all the theory.

Vadim Zeland, Tom Campbell, Frederick Dodson, Ramana Maharshi, Peter Ralston, Jed Mckenna, Ken Wilber and so on...

I think that's what was missing.

I've been doing a lot of things over the years (Consciousness Work, Meditation, Contemplation, BreathWork, Shadow Work, NLP and you name it...) but I couldn't enjoy the process.

I was thinking: I'm learning all this but I feel like a weak loser...

How can it be possible that I'm learning one of the most advanced teachings on the planet and I'm still in this downward spiral loop?

I did all the practices, read the books and change all sort of things, but I'm still incomplete...

What was wrong? What was missing? 

SELF-LOVE. SEE THIS VIDEO!!!

People here on the forum, you can't compensate lack of love, YOU HAVE TO LEARN THE SKILL TO GIVE LOVE TO YOURSELF.

Thanks @Leo Gura

Also, thanks @Razard86 for your post about Self-Acceptance.

I'm integrating all this right now! 

27 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

I think that's what was missing.

I've been doing a lot of things over the years (Consciousness Work, Meditation, Contemplation, BreathWork, Shadow Work, NLP and you name it...) but I couldn't enjoy the process.

I was thinking: I'm learning all this but I feel like a weak loser...

How can it be possible that I'm learning one of the most advanced teachings on the planet and I'm still in this downward spiral loop?

I did all the practices, read the books and change all sort of things, but I'm still incomplete...

What was wrong? What was missing? 

Self-love is superb I wonder at times how to build it more deeply I also did a couple of years of Shinzen Youngs version of generating state, so to speak when I contemplate Ralstons new book to create states from scratch, mostly with love and self-acceptance visualizations and ideals + mantras. 

Love, Joy and Enthusiasm are powerful emotions and inspiration also. My mantra for a couple of years has been.
I fully love and accept myself and did this also during retreats. It creates a deep feeling of safety and belonging. I love sharing these emotions when I am out with friends and others. I also was lucky and feel deeply in love with a girl, that showed me simply the power of love, even if unreciprocated and I meditated during that time already for one year. Love is powerful. Leo also takes about deeper versions of love, I did not yet fully access and I might have witnessed them only on MDMA. 

The unification of love and union I had some tastes of this during retreats with Shinzen, I somehow love that old man for his character. Same goes for Ralston recently I've learned to appreciate him more and the depth of connection of his teachings. Leo for me is different, as I can't comprehend it. Also watching Sadghuru made me cry so often, I love and hate him the most xD

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

@ValiantSalvatore

A lack of self-love is probably the most common cause people join self-development and spirituality.

But, as paradoxically as it can be, what you really need is SELF-LOVE to begin with and thrive the path of self-actualization.

Reality is counterintuitive as fuck.

2 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

A lack of self-love is probably the most common cause people join self-development and spirituality.

But, as paradoxically as it can be, what you really need is SELF-LOVE to begin with and thrive the path of self-actualization.

Reality is counterintuitive as fuck.

Could be for me it was a side-effect of unhealthy living and not noticing that it was unhealthy, that took away more natural expression of self-love. I also had the notion of giving love to yourself is narccistic and egotistic a lot. When I was a teenager. I don't know why till I got more out in nature and I was ashamed of giving myself self-love, yet I felt more self-love when out in nature. Hiking, bicycling and looking at the sky seeing birds, hawks etc. Just life...

I never noticed this, yet I do attract people at times who are drawn to my level of self-acceptance and positvity, I was surpised by how strongly the notion of self-acceptance is, especially when I approach strangers at different scenarios they are mostly very happy to meet me. I find love can be to powerful to some, and they just reject. When I find values and internal activites that give rise to notions like this even in stress I am still very happy. 
What drove me to spirituality was to understand reality and what is god even? More worldy question. Why is there war? Mostly the question what is reality, and what is even real? How come there are different notions of god? 

Self-love, joy and higher emotions are awesome even just plain positivity and feeling upbeat. Thriving on the self-actualization path definitely entails a lot of positive emotions and actively working through pain and negative emotions not denying them and surpressing them. There are so many twist and counter-intuitive things. For example from Wilber higher development hurts more bothers less. As well as if I recall correctly, a deeper sense of pain perception and therefore a deeper swing into higher emotions etc, yet I am paraphrasing here very hard from an audiobook called transendence. 

I sometimes wonder what self-actualization is, yet when I meditate everday I just enjoy how I can get over my ego and see growth in getting over my ego etc and still having a healthy functional self. 

@ValiantSalvatore Over the years we become aware that self-love, awakening, transforming perspective/perception is the way to self-actualize.

4 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

Over the years we become aware that self-love, awakening, transforming perspective/perception is the way to self-actualize.

True, especially going beyond what is perceptable by society and mostly is only found it culture and arts, unfortunately. Shared mastery is super important it is really missing here, especially sharing healthy progress is super self-motivating, instead of cheap research and lack of quality posts. 

Polarity-PersonalMasteryAndCollaboration 
I enjoy shared orange mastery a lot for example and I find myself ever again at isolation ever since I fully hit yellow a couple of years ago and then starting to integrate the lower stages. I certainly wish I can find more communal mastery places, to share and not only be a head full with ideas and get valueable feedback. This is certainly interesting., hope this is valueable to you, I love maps still and finding ways to improve my understanding and knowledge for self-actualization.

Polarity-ConsciousnessAndAwareness.png
Polarity-AttachmentAndSeparation.png
InsightMap-MasteryCollaboration-v2.jpg

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

24 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

True, especially going beyond what is perceptable by society and mostly is only found it culture and arts, unfortunately. Shared mastery is super important it is really missing here, especially sharing healthy progress is super self-motivating, instead of cheap research and lack of quality posts. 

Polarity-PersonalMasteryAndCollaboration 
I enjoy shared orange mastery a lot for example and I find myself ever again at isolation ever since I fully hit yellow a couple of years ago and then starting to integrate the lower stages. I certainly wish I can find more communal mastery places, to share and not only be a head full with ideas and get valueable feedback. This is certainly interesting., hope this is valueable to you, I love maps still and finding ways to improve my understanding and knowledge for self-actualization.

Polarity-ConsciousnessAndAwareness.png
Polarity-AttachmentAndSeparation.png
InsightMap-MasteryCollaboration-v2.jpg

Where is this from? Is it a book? @ValiantSalvatore

Edited by lizz_luna
tag someone

@ValiantSalvatore Wow, amazing resource, thanks!

I also love maps and systems of self-development.

I’ve been using:

• Levels of Energy - Frederick Dodson
  • Levels of Consciousness- David R Hawkins
  • Spiral Dynamics

@CARDOZZO Levels of Energy is interesting I never saw this I look into it I started to appreciate David R Hawkins perspective when it comes to emotional mastery. Thank you also for sharing!