playdoh

I refer to myself as “we” now

17 posts in this topic

For example just now I was talking to myself and said “we are going to get up and make some breakfast”. 

It’s like I see there’s the me that I am and the separate self. 

How I would say it consciously, like literally speaking from the ego wanting to do something? Like “me and the illusory self are now going to..”? That doesn’t feel good  

I guess it’s closer to the truth? Thank you very much. 

@playdoh

Do what you want, but to me it sounds neurotic. If it helps to realize some spiritual insight then fine. I've made post about language in this forum and in that I explained that one doesn't need to have all the fancy spiritual vocabulary when he really understands something. You can use rocks and sticks to explain spirituality or anything when you really get it. Training yourself to be mindful and concious of new insight helps you to integrate new awakenings or knowledge to be part of you and then it becomes realization. That would be better route imo.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

Its good framing. If it allows you to maintain the frame then its useful. Its very easy to default to ego land when using "I" language. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Fast track to schizophrenic there is no you you are creating another when not even one exists.

Keep in mind that people who think there is someone behind their eyes are schizo in a way

If you think there are 2 its double trouble and you wont be able to tell who's who cause you are making them up and they can get out of control and take over your mind as you are creating another being with as much freedom as you

Edited by Hojo

10 minutes ago, Hojo said:

Fast track to schizophrenic there is no you you are creating another when not even one exists

I've seen this several times here, it looks like a pretty extreme/crazy way to escape some cognitive dissonance.
But these are long-term pitfalls, a pharmakon.

Just my two cents

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Amusing, so you will not only think the difference between yourself and others but you will introduce a third element into the mix by differentiating between two kinds of others?

And let me guess, this third element makes you non-dual?

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

I do it as well when I am holding space for difficult emotions and emotional intensity. I can see the different "aspects" of "me" interacting with each other. It is interesting.

23 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I've seen this several times here, it looks like a pretty extreme/crazy way to escape some cognitive dissonance.
But these are long-term pitfalls, a pharmakon.

Just my two cents

Yea its not dealing with the issue at all. The purpose of spirituality is to become one with your consciousness not create seoerate identities you talk to. Its about stopping the thoughts it seems this will create more.

Wait so I’m confused. It’s neurotic? I don’t do it on purpose , it’s just comes out. So how should I refer to my self then? Like when you guys say I’m going to wash the dishes. Do you just say I am going to wash the dishes and know that it’s you the Self doing it or something? Please explain. 

edit: like I said I don’t do it all the time, it just comes out sometimes. 

edit 2: referring to myself as we is a rather new development. 

Edited by playdoh

20 minutes ago, playdoh said:

Wait so I’m confused. It’s neurotic?

Naaaah, chill out, you are far from schizo yet. So, me and my girlfriend, we refer to ourselves in 3rd person, like, 80% of the time. But it gets better: we each have a sort of made up "avatar" with an idiotic nickname and a whole backstory, traits of character and silly superpowers etc etc. So, in our household, you are unlikely to hear something like "I went to the store and brought snacks, want some?" - rather, something like this is used literally all the time: "my_nickname went to the store and brought some snacks, maybe ask her_nickname if she wants some?" - "She seems to have gone for a walk." 

Lol, almost forgot: we also have an imaginary cat.

So you're good. As long as you are ironic about it, at least :$

Edited by WeCome1
forgot the cat

16 minutes ago, WeCome1 said:

Naaaah, chill out, you are far from schizo yet. So, me and my girlfriend, we refer to ourselves in 3rd person, like, 80% of the time. But it gets better: we each have a sort of made up "avatar" with an idiotic nickname and a whole backstory, traits of character and silly superpowers etc etc. So, in our household, you are unlikely to hear something like "I went to the store and brought snacks, want some?" - rather, something like this is used literally all the time: "my_nickname went to the store and brought some snacks, maybe ask her_nickname if she wants some?" - "She seems to have gone for a walk." 

Haha that actually sounds pretty fun. 

16 minutes ago, WeCome1 said:

Hello WeCome, this about you referring to yourself in third person sounds interesting, not to eavesdrop on your personal life but can I ask who it is that refers to the third person character, and why it doesn't refer to itself?

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

22 minutes ago, playdoh said:

Haha that actually sounds pretty fun. 

It is just sort of a default mode by now. Although, admittedly, sometimes the absurdity of this lunacy becomes too much, and we laugh like maniacs. I don't complain.

18 minutes ago, Reciprocality said:

can I ask who it is that refers to the third person character, and why it doesn't refer to itself?

Not sure I understood your question. So, there are five of us: me, my imaginary alter-ego MY_nickname, my girlfriend, her imaginary alter-ego HER_nickname, and our imaginary cat. When I speak about something I did, I formulate it as if MY_nickname did that; same for her. If I need something from her, I ask if HER_nickname would be so kind as to _whatever_. Also, if either of us fucks something up (like drops and smashes a vase) - we usually say that the motherfucking cat did it. I don't see how it can possibly be confusing for you.xD

Edited by WeCome1

@WeCome1 That cleared it up alright, now I know what is going on, possibly how it is going on, but I have no idea still why it is going on, the why relates to my initial question, WHY would you not refer to the "me" in most situations in everyday life at home.

This is what were possibly confusing for me.

3 minutes ago, Reciprocality said:

WHY

I suppose, as with all good things, it once started as a joke and just went too far. What can I say, we enjoy absurd stuff.:x

@WeCome1 Okay fair fair, I started the questioning because I speculated for myself whether it may not be that you had realised your ego were an illusion and armed with this realisation used other characters to play the game of the ego intentionally instead of being dragged down into the game unintentionally like the rest of us.