cle103

Is it possible to get hooked on microdosing?

8 posts in this topic

I microdose mushrooms every once in a while. Whenever I do, that day and the 1-2 following ones are simply amazing. I'd like to do it more often but I'm worried about developing a psychological addiction. As in getting used to the new normal of constant microdosing (even if it's 1 day on, 2 days off) and not being able to stop. I don't have an addictive personality and never been hooked on anything but still... 

A similar thing happened to a guy I know, who can't get off Nootropics bc. he depends on them for job performance. Don't want that happening. 

Would love to hear your experiences on mid to long term microdosing! 

Microdose with an intention and goal in mind. Then, do it as much as you like until those goals are met. Then take a break for a few months (or lessen it significantly). 

Psychological addictions aren't what you have to worry about unless you literally just have zero self-control. It's the chemical withdrawals you want to stay away from. Mushrooms have none.

Edited by thepixelmonk

I microdose here and there. No addiction at all. Dont worry about this

No. Psychedelics are so magically designed that the tolerance will build so fast you won't get any effects once you start to 'use it too much'.

Thanks ya'll! Gonna give it a go for a while. 

that’s a bit like asking if you can get hooked on antidepressants.

while (maybe?) possible, it’s very hard to imagine

Edited by Oppositionless

No. Even on microdosing with 5 meo where is zero tolerance you cannot get hooked.