BassamMo

Maintaining reputation while doing cold approach

9 posts in this topic

So I've been doing cold approach now in a big city in a blue country, my biggest problem sometimes is that I feel I might gather a reputation for that because not many people, actually a very few ones do it in the city. Is it normal to feel this way or is it just a limiting belief? 

Your new reputation is about a man that works on himself, courageous, bold and go for what he wants.

Go all in brother, bootstrap your process. 

Only you can do it for yourself.

Edited by CARDOZZO

How big is the city?

Anything below 200k people you will gain a reputation. 

The smaller the city, the more selective you have to be in your approach. 

As long as your respectful I dont feel like you can go wrong, just be easy going and strike up a nice conversation, people are more open to you if you're nice and relaxed carefree and confident

Edited by Chives99

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

Best advice is to be respectful. Prioritize your growth but stay respectful especially during cold approach. Be direct but well-mannered and avoid conflict and you'll be fine.

On 22.5.2023 at 8:03 PM, Chives99 said:

As long as your respectful I dont feel like you can go wrong, just be easy going and strike up a nice conversation, people are more open to you if you're nice and relaxed carefree and confident

This is what I tried to to every time, but I still creeped out probably 80% of the 800 girls I approached anyway... 

A friend of mine approached so many girls during daytime that in the end someone postet a picture of him in a group named "Girls on Tinder", which is a group that exists to warn other girls about creepy/dangerous guys. Since Tinder/online dating is such a popular way to date here in Norway, most girls either are member or has a close friend who is member of that group, so you could say that this guy's reputation took a heavy blow.  

I'd stick to approaching people in settings where people actually go to meet people as thats what theyre there for. I mean dont take it as an absolute you can strike up conversation with people anywhere if it feels natural and she seems comfortable but also be respectful and read when to back off. When you approach someone randomly they dont know your intentions or who you are as a person, but in more social settings its obvious you're there to connect,

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

On 5/24/2023 at 7:42 AM, Kid A said:

This is what I tried to to every time, but I still creeped out probably 80% of the 800 girls I approached anyway... 

A friend of mine approached so many girls during daytime that in the end someone postet a picture of him in a group named "Girls on Tinder", which is a group that exists to warn other girls about creepy/dangerous guys. Since Tinder/online dating is such a popular way to date here in Norway, most girls either are member or has a close friend who is member of that group, so you could say that this guy's reputation took a heavy blow.  

Then don't be creepy. Be kind, warm and respectful. If your reputation takes a blow move cities or country if you are truly serious about pickup and dating interests you. Stop making excuses.

16 hours ago, museumoftrees said:

Then don't be creepy. Be kind, warm and respectful.

Like I said: This is of course what I tried to do every time. If being creepy was a conscious choice, there would be no creeps. 

16 hours ago, museumoftrees said:

If your reputation takes a blow move cities or country if you are truly serious about pickup and dating interests you. Stop making excuses.

I get all the results I need from online dating luckily, so pickup was never really necessary for me in the first place. I think what happened to the guy I mentioned, shows that a country like Norway simply isn't big enough for daytime cold approach in large quantities.