LittoDitto

Suicidal Thoughts Due To Gums

7 posts in this topic

I have had suicidal thoughts for the past two years because of the following reasons. I have recessed gums. I have lost interdental papilla in between my two front teeth. Gum disease has been mentioned, but I would say out of these big three problems, this has recently been the least prevalent.  

Fear: Teeth will fall out. I don't want to smile at people because of missing interdental papilla (very little eye contact). Nerve damage. My least fear (worth mentioning) is everything to do with a gum graft.

Causation: So the best hypothesis for this happening is because I used to smoke weed. I quit two years ago when I noticed my recessed gums. So I would brush my teeth, and I would imagine that I was being over-aggressive during brushing and it caused recession. I also lied to my dentist about smoking weed mostly because of a misunderstanding.

Treatment: The treatment for gum recession and perhaps restoring some or all interdental papilla is gum grafting (I have not spoke with a dentist about restoring papilla, but I have done research). One of my top fears is learning that after a dental injection to be numbed (like when you have a cavity), you COULD receive nerve damage. It is very rare that this would happen. 

Discussion: I have seen a few dentists, and a periodontist (a dentist who specializes in gums). My primary dentist has told me it's nothing to be worried about and to accept my gums as they are. It is difficult to have a trusting relationship because of what has unfolded above. I have not told him that in the past I smoked weed. The other dentist I went to to get a second opinion, said that I should see a periodontist. He may have also said that my teeth would not fall out but I really should have wrote that down or something because I can't remember if he said that or not. The periodontist said there was some work that should be done with my gums, and I should get gum grafts for certain teeth.

Conflict: So basically I just mean that if I wanted to get a gum graft, I'm worried I'll receive permanent nerve damage. So basically different things are making me be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Healing/Hope: So the gum grafts working and there being no issues would be nice and could solve my depression. Same with the interdental papilla. Also, to hear that my teeth are not going to fall out from the second opinion dentist would be nice. I would like to discuss treatment options with a dentist about lost papilla, as well as risks/solutions of nerve damage.

Thanks for reading, if you have any advice/questions that'd be cool. Also if you have had experience with this subject, that would be super cool.

Edited by LittoDitto

Read it all wish you all best ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Not worth suicide. 

You will figure it out. Just trust that. 

Relax

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I think your best best to regenerate the gums is to stop brushing in anyway that comes into contact with the gums and to eat foods high in vitamin C. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 02/05/2023 at 0:51 AM, Thought Art said:

Not worth suicide. 

You will figure it out. Just trust that. 

This^

Also, remember to think broadly about your struggle. 
Do as much research as you can, meet other dentists, and look into holistic medicine.
Your solution to these problems does not have to be an external one, even in the worst-case scenario you will always have:
Spirituality/ Psychological growth/ Living a meaningful life. To build yourself and your life upon.
https://www.actualized.org/insights/requisite-variety-and-creative-laziness

Imagine if you will, this same thing happened to you for 1000 lifetimes and in each and every life you get to this same point and end your life, leaving everyone you ever loved behind and never evolving or growing past this challenge which could be passed if you are truly willing.

Some things you can do for gums are Oil pulling 2 - 3x a day with sesame oil and ground up cloves or a few drops of neem or oregano oil.

Rinse with salt water after meals, brush with toothpastes and herbs that help heal the gums. Hydrogen Peroxide mouthwash is excellent for fighting gum bacteria no more than 3% strength. Supplement with Vitamin C (or eat fruits rich in C oranges, mangoes, kiwi, pineapple ect.. and MSM.

I would do my best to cut out sugar, processed foods, wheat, pasta, grains and maybe even dairy if possible and incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables. Myyrh oil can be rubbed on the gums daily too. Smile at the sun :)

As above so below, as within so without.