playdoh

A friend suggested I tune in w/ “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” b4 a kundalini yoga meditati

10 posts in this topic

What do you think of tuning in with “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo’? My friend suggested me a special kundalini yoga meditation for prosperity & recommended I connect to Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo before doing it. This “connects us w/ the source of our divine wisdom, & prepares our consciousness for the sacred practice & honors the highest source for which it came.”

I respect my friend and his beliefs but I’m not so dogmatic about stuff. Plus I’m not 100% clear on his intentions for wanting me to say it. Maybe he wants the prosperity to be for the “goodness of all”? Again I respect my friend but like Alan watts says that belief^ system is a big trap. 

I’m excited about doing this meditation but now doubting whether I should tune in w/ Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo before doing it. I mean I don’t want to download any dogmatic ancient beliefs or anything like that. Which I guess is a fear in itself. Advice appreciated. Thanks!

Connecting to different energies before the practice is a real thing. Try meditating in a church and then try meditating in a zen temple, you'll see the energy and the results will be very different. In a similar way, your kundalini practice may have an element of grace without which the practice is not complete. There're forces that contribute to your spiritual growth much more then your personal efforts. It's really hard to explain the importance of it without sounding illogical and crazy. If it is really hard for you digest these ideas then at least experiment with a mantra and without a mantra for some time.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Ex girlfriend was into that stuff 

I’ve done some chanting and it can be interesting 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 4/30/2023 at 11:26 PM, playdoh said:

What do you think of tuning in with “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo’? My friend suggested me a special kundalini yoga meditation for prosperity & recommended I connect to Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo before doing it. This “connects us w/ the source of our divine wisdom, & prepares our consciousness for the sacred practice & honors the highest source for which it came.”

I respect my friend and his beliefs but I’m not so dogmatic about stuff. Plus I’m not 100% clear on his intentions for wanting me to say it. Maybe he wants the prosperity to be for the “goodness of all”? Again I respect my friend but like Alan watts says that belief^ system is a big trap. 

I’m excited about doing this meditation but now doubting whether I should tune in w/ Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo before doing it. I mean I don’t want to download any dogmatic ancient beliefs or anything like that. Which I guess is a fear in itself. Advice appreciated. Thanks!

It's a beautiful song. But whether or not we enjoy it should not be so much a factor as your own personal enjoyment or resonance with the song. As for "being afraid of downloading dogmatic beliefs"; there is no boogeyman. Trust yourself, trust your discernment, your own inner source of insight and wisdom and you will never "fall prey", unless you make yourself a victim to a thought-pattern in which case; you will awake from that dream too.

Edited by tuku747

Listening to Lord's prayer in original Aramaic language can definitely tune you into the energy of Christ. I think that's a helpful example of what these chantings can do.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

On 5/2/2023 at 0:21 AM, tuku747 said:

It's a beautiful song. But whether or not we enjoy it should not be so much a factor as your own personal enjoyment or resonance with the song. As for "being afraid of downloading dogmatic beliefs"; there is no boogeyman. Trust yourself, trust your discernment, your own inner source of insight and wisdom and you will never "fall prey", unless you make yourself a victim to a thought-pattern in which case; you will awake from that dream too.

?

On 5/2/2023 at 2:54 AM, Salvijus said:

Listening to Lord's prayer in original Aramaic language can definitely tune you into the energy of Christ. I think that's a helpful example of what these chantings can do.

Thanks, I’ll check it out. I had a strong Christ consciousness awakening in 2020. Several people even mentioned it, felt Christ’s energy around me.