Vlad_

Am I too old to become an actor?

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm turning 26 next month. I'm stuck in my job and I want to leave it. I want to become an actor but I don't know how and my mind is telling me that it's too late. 

Do you guys have any idea how to become an actor ? 

https://www.newsweek.com/actors-started-careers-later-life-samuel-l-jackson-bryan-cranston-jon-hamm-1616061

Your definitely starting late but its never too late for anything. Just make sure its something that you authentically want and that its not some half assed desire for fame. You genuinely have to give everything to be a successful actor.

https://www.castingnetworks.com/ Google casting sites. Ive auditioned to be an extra in movies by replying to ads on craigslist. Look for student films, go to film festivals, network with hundreds of people, go to acting and improv classes.

Edited by Phil King

There are roles for people old and young 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Typical thoughts of an 26 year old :D
Turn your passion into a regular practice. Take little steps and be creative.

What do you like about acting if I may ask? 

You can go to theatre and see how you like it there. At my theatre most people want to become an actor. 

It's true that most actor start young. The director of my theatre group says after 26 it becomes difficult to get into the acting business. So start collecting experience now! 

Sounds like "the typical person" - Stuck in wage slavery and insecure about their creative ability/passions.

I think this is MUCH more important: If you are uncertain to the degree that you are creating a thread and asking strangers on a forum.....what success COULD you imagine for yourself? (Literal question)

If you REALLY want "it": Get DEAD F***ING SERIOUS and COMMIT.