infiniteconsciousnes

I had this astounding experience is this awakening?

34 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Now imagine taking that example even further and at ever deeper levels.

No need to rush, though. Awakening is not a pie eating contest.

And the winner is always You.

Sure I will go deeper with this thanks!

12 hours ago, infiniteconsciousnes said:

I searched about The A&P and this is exactly what was happening to me thank you so much I really appreciate your help :)

You got it! ;)

Awakening comes with a clear realization of something.

Seems yours was "just" a blissful pleasurable state.

Really applaud your results, not everybody can say that.

What is your meditation technique? I got jealous of all of that bliss lol

12 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

What is your meditation technique? I got jealous of all of that bliss lol

I have been doing the Vipassana meditation technique.

And you only enjoy the bliss to a certain extent at some point you just want to get back to normal because at that level of bliss you become function less you don't want to do anything because you are feeling so good there is no motivation left for anything you just want to sit somewhere and that's it!

I enjoyed it for a few days then I wanted to get back to normal lol

This taught me an important lesson that you need balance in everything if you get something more and more even if its happiness or bliss it becomes boring that's why all emotions exist to create a balance and for normal functioning of beings!

18 hours ago, infiniteconsciousnes said:

I have been doing the Vipassana meditation technique.

And you only enjoy the bliss to a certain extent at some point you just want to get back to normal because at that level of bliss you become function less you don't want to do anything because you are feeling so good there is no motivation left for anything you just want to sit somewhere and that's it!

I enjoyed it for a few days then I wanted to get back to normal lol

This taught me an important lesson that you need balance in everything if you get something more and more even if its happiness or bliss it becomes boring that's why all emotions exist to create a balance and for normal functioning of beings!

I totally get that.

I haven't been able to generate such constant bliss but that totally happens to me lately that I do a very powerful practice, it leaves the rest of the day just "buzzed" out and I procrastinate work because one just feels SO GOOD doing nothing/feeling the breeze...etc.

No, those are feelings you had, it's not insight. Higher states seem to have insights built in, which people do somersaults trying to explain.

One time I smoked DMT with a camera on so I could, while tripping, describe exactly what was happening.

I focused really hard and could only say "it's really....... serious. It's just something very serious... It feels like... it's very very serious." While in the midst of it. I'm often very good descriptively, I think these shifts are not something you can describe. I tried on my first breakthrough type experience to comprehend it and was annoyed at my inability to describe what was happening as it happened.

It's not related to feelings as far as I can tell.

4 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

No, those are feelings you had, it's not insight. 

Are you an AI?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

12 hours ago, OldManCorcoran said:

No, those are feelings you had, it's not insight.

He described a&p symptoms to a t, and the a&p very often is associated with important insight -- in view, not thought.

On 27/4/2023 at 10:41 AM, infiniteconsciousnes said:

So I have been meditating for the last 8-9 years on and off.

I went to Vipassana last year in the month of July this was the second Vipassana retreat my first retreat was in 2014.

On my recent retreat, I started meditating everything was going well until 4th day I meditated for the whole day and then came out for a break in the evening I was sitting under this tree and I started feeling heavily emotional then I started crying I did not know why I was crying I never cried like this in my whole life.

I completed my 10-day retreat when I left the meditation center I became extremely sensitive to emotions that I cried every day I was feeling extreme gratitude.

With that, I felt so much bliss that I can not explain! Somedays the bliss was so high that I felt like I am high on something! The bliss was 24X7

After the retreat, I was not able to work because I used to feel the bliss all time! I love traveling but even I did not want to travel because I was feeling an insane level of bliss sitting in my room.

In that time I became so sensitive to everything that even I started to have fears of heights.

I was so scared that I did not meditate after coming from retreat because I was scared of what was happening to me.

I did not work for 2-3 months then that effect lasted around 4.5 Months after that everything got back to normal in the month of December 2022.

Then in the month of January 2023, I went on vacation for a week, and boom the same thing happened started feeling immense bliss, gratitude, and emotions this time I did not even meditate.

The feeling subsided after 15-20 days!

I can not comprehend what was all this experience was it is awakening or something else?

Id say that for the first time in your adult life you have relaxed control over yourself. As children we add layers of control caused by fear, especially fear of rejection, until we go through life stiff and tense, repressed, without realizing it. without flowing, reaisting. It is incredible that we do not get sick after many years like this. what has happened to you is that for the first time you are free. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

As children we add layers of control caused by fear, especially fear of rejection, until we go through life stiff and tense, repressed, without realizing it. without flowing, reaisting. It is incredible that we do not get sick after many years like this.

Haha, that’s a nice assumption there. I’ve dealt with so much sickness over the course of my 26 years on planet earth so far.

It’s a miracle that I’m alive, and even thriving. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

He described a&p symptoms to a t, and the a&p very often is associated with important insight -- in view, not thought.

It sounds more like Buddhism. Like in Buddhism you are meant to notice sunshine and rain in a piece of paper, like see the entirety of the cosmos in each thing.

Which seems like a nice realization but doesn't remind me of breakthrough.

Leo "became infinite" in a breakthrough, he's talking about loss of any perceived boundary. Which seems highly correlated with a nondual breakthrough.

Mindfulness doesn't seem similar at all.

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Haha, that’s a nice assumption there. I’ve dealt with so much sickness over the course of my 26 years on planet earth so far.

Yeah, we all add layers of fear and repression as we grow up, as we do so surrounded by fear and repression. now the job is to see it, understand it, unravel the knot. It is not easy, field work is often required. If we don't do, our energetic patterns are going to be always unhealthy, and this can cause physical sickness

Edited by Breakingthewall

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

:)

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

7 hours ago, OldManCorcoran said:

It sounds more like Buddhism. Like in Buddhism you are meant to notice sunshine and rain in a piece of paper, like see the entirety of the cosmos in each thing.

Which seems like a nice realization but doesn't remind me of breakthrough.

Leo "became infinite" in a breakthrough, he's talking about loss of any perceived boundary. Which seems highly correlated with a nondual breakthrough.

Mindfulness doesn't seem similar at all.

The a&p is just a name given to a phenomenon that happens in meditation or when attention is very steady and conscious power and discrimination is driven at a high level for some duration. Basically it’s when attention resonates such that the attention isn’t primarily linked with arisings as usual, but rather the attention phase is altered such that the arising and passing of phenomena are perfectly in sync, and so it seems like everything is happening “automatically and at full force” so to speak. That’s basically what it is, though there are endless aspects you could describe about it. Much different concept than mindfulness. Many people cross the a&p on psychedelic come-ups too.

Nondual breakthroughs, and especially the realization that you are god actualizing your life, are usually well beyond a&p territory.

But the a&p is not a small thing, especially if you’ve just started this whole endeavor. Blows previous psychedelic trips out of the water IF psychedelics haven’t gotten you across the a&p themselves — especially if you’re in jhana as well then it’ll really blow out previous psychedelic experiences, but after that, psychedelics are generally way stronger.