DIVINATOR

Should I become Christian?

35 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Christianity, like Buddhism, is bullshit.

It's all designed for idiots.

They are mirrors that magnify whatever you project. If you are at the surface level of belief, that is all you will see. If you are deeper, you see deeper.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

24 minutes ago, Moksha said:

If you are deeper, you see deeper.

And paradoxically…

• If I am Reality, I see Christianity.
  • If I am Buddhism, I see Reality.

No Christian or Buddhist will understand what is being communicated here :P

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

Sure you can passively appreciate where they're coming from when you're already at a certain level. But they won't get you to that level, and when you're already at that level you wouldn't need them anymore for anything except passive appreciation.

You get to a point where you no longer see levels as an absolute. 

This is what’s keeping many people on this forum stuck.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Some people here who are really ill need to leave this stuff and just read the Bible. Some people NEED the Bible etc.

1 hour ago, Squeekytoy said:

Sure you can passively appreciate where they're coming from when you're already at a certain level. But they won't get you to that level, and when you're already at that level you wouldn't need them anymore for anything except passive appreciation.

Like any source of wisdom, they deepen with you. A few passages that have come to mind recently, which well beyond passive appreciation, are luminous:

The light of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light.

Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.

If your right eye offends you, pluck it out, and cast it from you: for it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be cast into hell.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures: he leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul: he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my  enemies: you annoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

6 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

Maybe it was just the fashion of the times or the necessity of his circumstances, but if you ask me, that Jesus guy should speak plainly, instead of couching it in layers of metaphor and analogy that can only be deciphered when you're already at a place where you recognize their meaning. At which point you don't need it anymore, so it's too little too late. Jesus can go fuck himself.  ? 

How do you say plainly that you are the absolute, that all fears and desires are obstructions to realizing this, and that every attachment must be released in order to be free?

It is still gibberish until the truth is directly realized. At least parables have the capacity to deepen along with the learner.

1 hour ago, OldManCorcoran said:

Some people here who are really ill need to leave this stuff and just read the Bible. Some people NEED the Bible etc.

Reality is an Infinite Bible. 

2 minutes ago, Moksha said:

How do you say plainly that you are the absolute, that all fears and desires are obstructions to realizing this, and that every attachment must be released in order to be free?

It is still gibberish until the truth is directly realized. At least parables have the capacity to deepen along with the learner.

By radically questioning everything. And seeing yourself as everything being questioned.

1 minute ago, Squeekytoy said:

No, it's language with commonly accepted meaning that someone who needs it has a practical use for. All that other shit only serves to obfuscate it further. As you can plainly see in the world of human spirituality.

Like this? qwejfippjqwefj.

Reality has no issue seeing jsapjiopjijasdf as practical.

5 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

No, it's language with commonly accepted meaning that someone who needs it has a practical use for. All that other shit only serves to obfuscate it further. As you can plainly see in the world of human spirituality.

At an earlier point in my life, these teachings still leaked some light. They're only more luminous now because there is less in me to block them.

The vast majority of people will read what I wrote in plain language, and shrug it off as easily as any of the analogies from Jesus or Siddhartha.

No matter how clear your language is, it won't make a difference until people stop obsessing with the words and look beyond them to where they point.

2 minutes ago, Moksha said:

The vast majority of people will read what I wrote in plain language, and shrug it off as easily as any of the analogies from Jesus or Siddhartha.

This assumes that there is actually a person reading what is being written on this forum.

Does the water bottle next to me need to read and understand what’s being written on this forum for Reality to exist?

Serious question.

2 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Does the water bottle next to me need to read and understand what’s being written on this forum for Reality to exist?

The absolute is the essence of the water bottle, as much as it is the essence of people participating on this forum. The water bottle has less capacity to realize its essence, but then again most people are walking water bottles.

1 minute ago, Moksha said:

The water bottle has less capacity to realize its essence, but then again most people are walking water bottles.

Love to hear it xD

At a very high level Christ is the single and only begotten son of God. And he is god. The thing is you are him.

Christianity is beautiful, just don't fall into the ideology. What the symbolism of Christianity represents is in no way recognised by Christians.

Edited by Aaron p

Yes eventually when you become old, you are going to repent and look to God anyway. Why not start now and goes up the spiral dynamics or different paradigm earlier?

5 hours ago, hyruga said:

Yes eventually when you become old, you are going to repent and look to God anyway. Why not start now and goes up the spiral dynamics or different paradigm earlier?

It’s wise to repent while you’re still young. Get it out of your system and move forward. Holding onto something for decades is foolishness.