BuddhistLover

Alcoholic Depression

7 posts in this topic

I just wanted to talk about in here a severe depression I have been going through, including alcohol withdrawals, and inability to continue schooling. I started off the year going to the University, and having intense anxiety all the way through, and I was drinking every night. And then it all ended in the end of March, and then I started drinking every night like 48 fl oz of alcohol. And then I noticed during the day and night that some severe withdrawals would kick in. So I quit now going on 4 days of sobriety. Before that time period I was doing 3 days, and one night I had little drink. So really, it was been about a week since I've been doing heavy drinking. I was always worried who liked me and who hated me, and then I stopped doing college, so then I started drinking really heavy every night. Around 3-4 drinks every night. Then all of a sudden during the day I got horrible withdrawals, so I had to take 3 days off work last week to help it. I know I started drinking to curb the depression, the anxiety, and the slight bipolar. Maybe there's some PTSD too from getting withdrawals that changed my whole sense of reality. The withdrawals seem to be wearing off, but there is like some depression, and PTSD from my whole interface of reality changing. I'm working again, talking to people again, but there's this sensing of depression, and like the colors seem to be a bit yellowish. I think another reason why I drank too much alcohol was because I was drinking too much caffeine. I would drink 2 energy drinks a day, to work part time and go to school part time. Then I couldn't sleep at night, so I would just dose myself with alcohol to put myself to sleep. So I was intaking 2 energy drinks a day, and 3-4 alcoholic beverages a day. Then now there is no caffeine or alcohol going into my body. It feels like a big shift for sure. The whole reason why I started doing this I think was to curb this intense feeling of depression. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

It will take some time, but soon you will be able to go to parties and talk to people without drinking alcohol. And you can have one beer once in a while and just enjoy the taste while knowing you will never be addicted again. You will have complete control over yourself and no hangovers in the morning. Give it a couple of weeks/months and you will have no depressions as well.

Also, quit collage. You will probably never use it anyway.

Edited by FourCrossedWands

Learn to love the feeling of sobriety and what it does for you, more than the feeling of being on alcohol.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Got to change the addiction to self-development, hit the gym and get addicted to physical strength progress, read a book get addicted to new insights and intelligence so on, practice socializing and get addicted to enhanced social skills.

There isn't much else to do about all this but to get addicted to the healthy stuff.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 25/4/2023 at 8:40 PM, integral said:

Got to change the addiction to self-development, hit the gym and get addicted to physical strength progress, read a book get addicted to new insights and intelligence so on, practice socializing and get addicted to enhanced social skills.

There isn't much else to do about all this but to get addicted to the healthy stuff.

Any addiction no matter how healthy you name it, it’s still a way into delusion. 
In my opinion going to the root of addiction it’s the game changer. 
Creating new substitutes, the loop still remains there

25 minutes ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

Any addiction no matter how healthy you name it, it’s still a way into delusion. 
In my opinion going to the root of addiction it’s the game changer. 
Creating new substitutes, the loop still remains there

Do people actually succeed doing that? It seems things find a way to heal indirectly? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?