Juressic

Is it ok to quit 'dream' job after 1 week?

24 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Definitely don't keep a job just because you want to maintain the appearance of being "employed".

If you can make money on your own, and you love working for yourself, then do that. However, remember, you will still be working with clients who will boss you around perhaps even worse. Dealing with clients can be a bitch.

But even so, I suggest you stay at your current job for at least a few months and gain as much experience as possible. A new job takes time to get used to. You might grow to like it.

@Leo Gura we are your clients ;)

Outsource ur job 

Hey I didn't say it ?

Tech is so easy to outsource 

Edited by Jacob Morres

On 4/21/2023 at 1:28 PM, Juressic said:

Hey, I just got employed this week as full stack web developer. But as soon as i got employed and started working I've realized that there is so many things I don't know and that I should learn all the time and it's frustrating me because It's hard for me to focus and learn new technologies surrounded with colleges at work and after 8 hours of working I hate looking at screens at home. I hate the thing that i spend whole day at job and in free time I'm still thinking about the job, can't focus on any hobby that I used to love, everything makes me feel depressed. At work i feel useless, when i come home I feel so drained, stressed, and best part is that I don't actually need that money, i can earn enough on my own with web dev, but my family always bragging about my employment status, that i need to work even though i had enough money always...and then I just wanted to get that job that I've thought it would be cool and that i thought I'll love, my plan was to build career, get big salary, but now I see that it was so stupid, that I've unnecessary became a prisoner. Now i feel so stupid to tell my boss that I'd like to quit, after 1 week only, because i said that I'm so happy and excited about the job.. I thought I'll be, but i was wrong

1. I'm sorry you feel this way but your main issue is you are confused.

2. You are only ever a prisoner in your own mind, understand this.

3. You need to ask yourself this one thing....what do I love to do for free? Whatever that answer is, do that and try to find a way to turn it into a living. When you do what you love, then its not work. Work is what you HAVE TO DO, what you love to do is PLAY. To create, and to play are one and the same! If you aren't playing, then you aren't in creator mode you are in resistance mode! 

If you resist what you are creating, then you are a poor creator, to create at the highest most authentic level requires COMPLETE engagement. This is why when you do what you love the most you lose track of time, and you even surprise yourself because things get created that astonishes you and you ask where the heck did that come from? This only comes from intense, intimate, engagement. 

So again, what do you do that you can lose yourself in? If you don't have an answer then it means you are not paying attention to yourself. This is why self-reflection and contemplation is so important. You need to observe yourself to know yourself, if you don't know yourself you don't love yourself and if you don't love yourself you will live in HELL. Do you want to live in hell?

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Bando @Leo Gura 
I thought that I would be happy there in the office, that I could work remotely whenever I want (which was not possible), with my new colleague friends, that we will talk happily about development, hanging out together, even though our jobs are just about graphs and numbers (zero art). But in the first week I've realized that everybody are stressed out there, just sitting and staring into their screen endlessly, eating absolute shit, and they are totally in denial about it also, pretending to be happy, but some of them are aware and will tell you how they really feel if you start a deeper conversation with them. So basically I was feeling alone there, and also because I don't have experience in their tech stack, I supposed to sit for 8 hours next to them watching video tutorials but my mind was wandering too much, I couldn't focus on tutorials. I had great desire to start smoking and drinking again.
I been thinking that I should stay there for a few months, with hope that many things will change by time, but it seems obvious to me that I was so wrong about my initial idea, my smartwatch and my heart told me that I'll get burnout syndrome, maybe diabetes, loose my clients and my hair also, so I just told my boss honestly that I'm overwhelmed with tech stack and not feeling very competent for the job.
I don't feel any regret, because I'm simply aware that it couldn't be possible for me to stay healthy in that envirnoment. I only feel a little bit of guilt because I care what people would say about my decision, but I always repeat to myself - "fk people, love yourself". I'd rather be happy as I am then make others happy while being what they wants me to be.

@Razard86

Actually I know what I love to do for free and there are cupule of things I love to do for free. Also I have many skills already. I have vision of my simple multiplayer video game that I believe people will love to play, including me. I've been playing that game as a child, all my friends loved it, and all of the sudden that game disappeared from the internet and no one ever built a similar game. Today, 20 years after my friends still talking about that video game, they are searching for it, no one can find it..
Two years ago I've built that game as a demo, it was a local-multiplayer, I went to festival of video games to present it to people as indie game developer. There was many indie games presented around me and 90% of kids were just playing my game as long as their parents wasn't physically detaching them from the joysticks. At that moment I knew that I have something simple that kids today love so much as well and I was afraid that someone will take my idea, that playable demo game was only 30% of the picture, tip of the iceberg,.
Only problem why I didn't published that game yet is that it requires multiplayer. I been studying fast paced multiplayer for 5 years from time to time by now and didn't achieved  yet that timing predictions, but I think that is one of my life purposes today. I should solve that multiplayer puzzle, finish my game and became multiplayer god. :) There are so many video games that crave for multiplayer and people simply doesn't implement it because it's hard to do actually.