Yimpa

Dispelling the myth that all AI tools just spoon-feed us answers; nothing is learned

10 posts in this topic

IMG_0478.jpeg

Notice how responses to questions are not just given, but there’s also a thorough explanation of the mechanics behind the solution.

When used responsibly, these tools can help advance learning exponentially and open entirely new perspectives you never could have imagined on your own. Furthermore, critical thinking skills are essential while using AI tools. For example, deciding whether a response given is accurate.

You may be telling yourself, “I’m still not convinced -_-“… Well, let’s see what AI itself has to say:

IMG_0481.jpegIMG_0482.jpeg

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

If you're smart you can definitely use that AI to learn and help you do research.

It's not different than the internet in general. If you're a fool you will use the internet to watch TikTok videos all day. And if you're wise you will use the internet to change your whole life.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

In its current form it still takes a good amount of brainpower to use

It's not all knowing and is susceptible to error. You gotta be prompting concisely and use good and creative prompts, redo many prompts, double checking for accuracy with other sources, using other tools in conjunction, know the ais strs/weaknesses etc.

Edited by Jacob Morres

Why doesn't GPT-4 ask us questions? Why isn't it willing to learn? :D

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 4/21/2023 at 3:22 AM, Jacob Morres said:

In its current form it still takes a good amount of brainpower to use

It's not all knowing and is susceptible to error. You gotta be prompting concisely and use good and creative prompts, redo many prompts, double checking for accuracy with other sources, using other tools in conjunction, know the ais strs/weaknesses etc.

But is it still an improvement over talking to a human, even if the human is an expert?  A human in not all knowing and susceptible to error.  But with the AI bot you can keep posing different questions with different scenarios and it never loses patience and doesn't have an ego.     

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Why doesn't GPT-4 ask us questions? Why isn't it willing to learn? :D

Seems like a pretty intelligent design right now. Humans are way too biased for their own good. If GPT-4 asked us questions, we would probably lose our minds both individually and collectively.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

Seems like a pretty intelligent design right now. Humans are way too biased for their own good. If GPT-4 asked us questions, we would probably lose our minds both individually and collectively.

I honestly think the GPT bots are pretty stupid still.

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I honestly think the GPT bots are pretty stupid still.

Compared to Alien Consciousness, Absolutely. 

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Compared to Alien Consciousness, Absolutely. 

Compared to an elephant even.

ChatGPT isn't curious about the world. To me, that makes it very dumb.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

ChatGPT isn't curious about the world. To me, that makes it very dumb.

And curiosity killed the cat :P