whatishappeningtome

Get off your butt and write down that insight!

7 posts in this topic

Browsing the forum the other day I saw Leo say something like "only a fool wouldn't write down an insight" (paraphrasing). The idea being that if an insight is good and worthwhile, you'd be an idiot to just rely on your mind to remember it. A.k.a just make sure you write it down.

Over the past few weeks I've made sure I've written down the insights I've had about life even at the most inconvenient of times- waking up at 2am to take a piss, or 6am when my child woke up crying. Every time- even when it's inconvenient I've been making sure to write that insight down. It's been very helpful.

I encourage you all to not trust your brain to remember things, but remind yourself that there's only so much your mind can remember at one time. Write that shit down.  

8 hours ago, whatishappeningtome said:

Over the past few weeks I've made sure I've written down the insights I've had about life even at the most inconvenient of times- waking up at 2am to take a piss, or 6am when my child woke up crying.

Yup, I'm always doing that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@whatishappeningtome I agree 100%. Moreover, as you start writing it become more elaborate. And after a few edits (separating the wheat from chaff) you have something robust and concrete. 

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

@whatishappeningtome

Also when you have an insight, talking about it with your friends to get into more detail is extremely important too.

Who told you that "others" are real?

@Leo Gura

Also we should make insight megathread here. So we could combine our knowledge even more. Extra bonus would be for you, because you can use those insights in your videos as an examples or some very good one could even be worth a whole video. Think about the possibilities.

Who told you that "others" are real?

For me this came naturally, I feel like shit if I don't write an insight down. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

Channel your energy into more insight generation. If it was really worthwhile, you wouldn't forget it. If you forgot it, it was not useful. I trust my mind more than paper. I like to overwhelm my mind to push it's boundaries.

Writing down would just become another tool to delay action. The only real benefit of writing it down is if you need to communicate it to others.

Instant integration is what you want. Take action and put that insight to use. The fear of losing the insight propels ACTION.

Edited by Bobby_2021