John Paul

Why don’t liberals want a border wall?

29 posts in this topic

Pew research from 2021 claimed 1.6 million. Does that mean anything to you? 

AFD62530-147D-4EAA-9EE9-7CCD2FDC3CD3.png

Edited by John Paul

@John Paul

36 minutes ago, John Paul said:

Pew research from 2021 claimed 1.6 million. Does that mean anything to you? 

AFD62530-147D-4EAA-9EE9-7CCD2FDC3CD3.png

Holy moly! Why are they migrating to America so quickly, suddenly? Is this related to the new cartel expansion?

I have actually changed my mind on Trump's Wall.  At first, I thought it was very Xenophobic and would hurt our relations with Mexico (A wall is never a way to solve a problem is how I thought).  In addition, many Migrant workers and families who suffered from poor economic crises in Mexico needed to flea to USA for hopes of better paying jobs to support their families, which were screwed over by the Wall.  

But in light of the drug cartels and the spread of Fentanyl, Trump has a point now, and I can appreciate the conservative perspective a lot more now.  If a Wall prevents fewer people from being trafficked and decreases the spreading of drugs, then I am all for it now for the short-term.  But in the long-run, both of our countries need to fix our crap and come together some day.

I have noticed a lot more now that Liberals tend to dismiss Conservatives legitimate concerns as being "racist" or "xenophobic," which may be the case, but still dismisses the concern/danger.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

@r0ckyreed

10 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

I have actually changed my mind on Trump's Wall.  At first, I thought it was very Xenophobic and would hurt our relations with Mexico (A wall is never a way to solve a problem is how I thought).  In addition, many Migrant workers and families who suffered from poor economic crises in Mexico needed to flea to USA for hopes of better paying jobs to support their families, which were screwed over by the Wall.  

But in light of the drug cartels and the spread of Fentanyl, Trump has a point now, and I can appreciate the conservative perspective a lot more now.  If a Wall prevents fewer people from being trafficked and decreases the spreading of drugs, then I am all for it now for the short-term.  But in the long-run, both of our countries need to fix our crap and come together some day.

I have noticed a lot more now that Liberals tend to dismiss Conservatives legitimate concerns as being "racist" or "xenophobic," which may be the case, but still dismisses the concern/danger.

Yeah, it's the equivalent to throwing the baby with the bath water...which doesn't mean I'm committing infanticide, it's an idiom for generalizing and oversimplification which overlooks patial truths, don't get offended.

Also, Mexico faces some serious geographical challenges that has shaped the country it is today, compared to the geographical blessing the USA has, and geography is like genetics to a country, the environment shapes and determines the stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality typing and traits, states of consciousness, and other lines of development and ideological differences and indoctrination. Not to mention global warming is slowly making it more harsher in certain regions.

On 4/13/2023 at 6:57 PM, r0ckyreed said:

Building a Great Wall along the border won’t work because immigrants can easily dig underneath and can fly over or climb over. Plus, it’s way too expensive. Besides, Trump was only able to get about 2% of the “wall” done during his time as president. So, I don’t see how building this wall would work in reality.

Also, I think that having a wall there would discourage immigrants with work visas from coming into the country. That’s in and of itself would exacerbate the labor shortage problem we’ve been having since Trump became president, thereby jeopardizing our economy.

@Hardkill

13 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Building a Great Wall along the border won’t work because immigrants can easily dig underneath and can fly over or climb over. Plus, it’s way too expensive. Besides, Trump was only able to get about 2% of the “wall” done during his time as president. So, I don’t see how building this wall would work in reality.

Also, I think that having a wall there would discourage immigrants with work visas from coming into the country. That’s in and of itself would exacerbate the labor shortage problem we’ve been having since Trump became president, thereby jeopardizing our economy.

This is why I said that America needs to build these non-lethal robot guns, mile per mile along the perimeter of the border instead, to shoot rubber bullets at sex, human and drug traffickers, and low flying planes that fly illegally. Set it up like a Tower of defense wall.

Building a wall will make it harder for working immigrants to try to immigrate successfully while doing close to nothing to criminals who already don't give a fuck about US laws.

maybe we could just de-fund the cartels by decriminalizing all drugs. cartel violence is a huge motivator for people crossing.

Edited by Oppositionless

On 4/13/2023 at 8:57 PM, r0ckyreed said:

yep, cause they haven't reached stage yellow.