Epikur

India's 'vegetarian nationalism' targets Muslim meat eaters | DW News

12 posts in this topic

@Epikur

4 hours ago, Epikur said:

For fuck's sake, now food is being politicalized? This culture and information warfare is getting a bit out of hand mate.

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Epikur

For fuck's sake, now food is being politicalized? This culture and information warfare is getting a bit out of hand mate.

It's always been political, apparently New Zellands livestock been farting so hard they almost destroyed the ozone layer. Article is from 2009.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/livestock-gas-now-biggest-risk-to-ozone-layer/VOHND4A5DHTMF66WARC5M3WCAE/

This is nothing. I predict the notion of ownership is going to be politicalized in 5 to 10 years. 

@Sucuk Ekmek

1 hour ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

It's always been political, apparently New Zellands livestock been farting so hard they almost destroyed the ozone layer. Article is from 2009.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/livestock-gas-now-biggest-risk-to-ozone-layer/VOHND4A5DHTMF66WARC5M3WCAE/

This is nothing. I predict the notion of ownership is going to be politicalized in 5 to 10 years. 

Seems like there's both too many farm animals and too many humans here. If we don't figure out how to decrease numbers and manage consumption of limited resources we'll end up like the trapped flies and other insects in a jar, eating each other alive or die of depleted resources.

I especially don't like vigilantes, or mob justice as that can quickly lead to violence and actually more injustice.

12 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Epikur

It was always politicized in certain regions. You eat pork or you eat at fasting time at ramazan you got your ass kicked in muslim societies.

11 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Sucuk Ekmek

Seems like there's both too many farm animals and too many humans here. If we don't figure out how to decrease numbers and manage consumption of limited resources we'll end up like the trapped flies and other insects in a jar, eating each other alive or die of depleted resources.

My critisim is the way we create ''problems'' and the way we approach to  these problems, inevitably as we all integrate into one system only the entities with sophisticated enough technology can provide the solutions, not only that...  also  the problem itself will be manifested and defined in the system.  There is no middle ground for individuals because they don't have the  tech to make an impact on ongoing issues. Current system is a Faustian pact and will have it's consequences.

as Buckminister Fuller said:

''Humanity is moving ever deeper into crisis—a crisis without precedent.
First, it is a crisis brought about by cosmic evolution irrevocably intent
upon completely transforming omnidisintegrated humanity from a complex
of around-the-world, remotely-deployed-from-one-another, differently colored,
differently credoed, differently cultured, differently communicating,
and differently competing entities into a completely integrated, comprehensively
interconsiderate, harmonious whole.''  

Critical Path 1982

14 hours ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

I predict the notion of ownership is going to be politicalized in 5 to 10 years.

This has been politicalized before we had language. Politics is about power, and so is ownership.

India will always remain a developing country who had a lot of potential.

Here we have the worst of left wing and right wing politics. 

This is a complete mess ffs.

21 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

For fuck's sake, now food is being politicalized?

It's always been political in a way, which makes sense, because it's an essential part of the human experience and has a lot of importance. For a long time farmers had to pay their land lords and kings with food and livestock, wars have been fought because of famines, even religions put a lot of importance on food and what to eat and what not to eat. Because it's so important it can easily be used for domination and status. And if something is that important you can be sure that it can and will be used as a political tool.

In that regard, I'm not sure if these nationalists actually care about what Muslims eat in and of itself, or if they use it to justify their hatred against them, in the same way that Hitler used the wealth of the Jewish community to justify his hatred against them. So it makes sense to "politicize food" if it allows for domination.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

On 12.04.2023 at 3:49 PM, Israfil said:

This has been politicalized before we had language. Politics is about power, and so is ownership.

Yes more or less that is the case, I don't deny that. Imagine like this

I can go out and ask people "Hey man do you own your body?"

If he says yes I do own my body.

He'll be A.I.phobic or whatever 

I am talking about body sovereignty.  In future you just cant have that.

On 13/04/2023 at 0:07 PM, Sucuk Ekmek said:

I can go out and ask people "Hey man do you own your body?"

If he says yes I do own my body.

He'll be A.I.phobic or whatever 

Please elaborate.

I don't see the connection between body sovereignty and AIphobia.

21 minutes ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

Yet I don't either, but this doesn't mean it's  not going to be triggered. As globe we are pursuing a technocratic path so everything has to be defined and programmed  accordingly. In my view  you just can't have a body sovereignty in a fully centralized system. Why you can't have doesn't matter, because there would be plenty of scientific and pleasing reasons.

It's just system programmed that way.

Yeah, I know I sound crazy.

(Edit)

Knowledge is power. In any closed universe model, whoever sets the catagories rules them all.