Rasheed

How to break duality between a priori and a posteriori knowledge?

13 posts in this topic

How to break the duality between a priori and a posteriori knowledge?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

True knowledge is direct and timeless. A priori and a posteriori knowledge only relate to the relative.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I forgot to mention above: That above duality is big in the western philosophy. Non dual teachers say that all dualities break…Hey, maybe above duality is unbreakable…maybe not…

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

54 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

I forgot to mention above: That above duality is big in the western philosophy. Non dual teachers say that all dualities break…Hey, maybe above duality is unbreakable…maybe not…

Forget what teachers say, regardless of their conceptual framework (Nondual, Christian, whatever), and look inside yourself for the answer.

Sorry if it sounds cryptic, but the absolute within already realizes the answer to your question, if only the mind will stop grappling with it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

11 hours ago, Rasheed said:

Non dual teachers say that all dualities break…

Ahem... Do you mind providing ONE example of a non-duality teacher saying that ALL dualities must break?9_9 As far as I'm aware, the only duality they ever speak about is subject-object duality (the illusion of an observer perceiving the phenomena that are separate from him).

Nothing is known a prior. Nothing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Study the philosophy of Quine, perhaps, he breaks that duality. But he tends to say that every knowledge is a posteriori. But I'm, in my thought, tending to put a twist on Quine's model and say, "what if every knowledge actually is a priori?" "What if there is no out there?" 

Edited by Vibroverse

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nothing is known a prior.

I've been struggling with this notion for some time. Because talking from a Stage Yellow perspective, every human is born with DNA that carries info, instincts, knowledge. For example innate reflexes. And what about the fact that life is remembering who you are? Your subconscious, which the deeper you go the more universal and symbolic it becomes, is connected with many info which you have since you are born, but simply have not retrieved.

In a metaphysical sense, I dunno either, because you are God who simply forgot, but you know.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

Taking insights from Derrida's philosophy, a prior knowledge becomes questionable...

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nothing but nothingness ^_^

8 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Nothing but nothingness ^_^

Especially not that.

On 08/04/2023 at 9:46 AM, Leo Gura said:

Why is that the case?

16 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

Why is that the case?

Birth is a position of total ignorance, the opposite of Omniscience.

You were born so ignorant that it took you a long time just to realize you were ignorant. And most people still haven't realized that.

If you think back to how your earliest life experiences were, you knew nothing.

SAT measures certain narrow verbal and math skills. If you want those skills you can develop them. But there are much more important skills to develop so don't waste your time jumping through silly hoops like a dog.

Edited by Leo Gura