LowPlanetary

Making Motivation Consistent

9 posts in this topic

I feel so frustrated with how inconsistent and spontaneous my motivation is. I do feel motivated sometimes, but a lot of the time i feel motivated at a point in time where i can't use that energy. And when i get the time to do the thing that i want to do i feel tired, lazy and generally apathetic. Sometimes the energy is there when it needs to be, but basically the time it comes is pretty unpredictable. 

I think what i've noticed is that the reason why it is random is because i keep on going to low consciousness to high consciousness very spontaneously. So when i have motivation, my higher consciousness is kicking in which desires goals that delay gratification like good health, pursuing mastery in "passions" and helping others, whereas when i'm feeling lazy and apathetic i have low consciousness goals like sex, junk food, and comfort. 

Therefore, i've tried to discipline myself and just do the higher consciousness activities anyway, but firstly, the results from that are never high quality, i need to be motivated to produce something high quality, the things that i "love" are more like chores when i just do it anyway therefore i feel lots of emotional pain when that happens.

Nowadays i'm feeling more and more apathetic because motivation and passion seems like such a flimsy and unreliable idea to cling to, I've just lost so much of the reason for why i do anything. 

Hm.

I strongly believe that If you are going to learn how to feel better,the "motivation" will come. I really dont like the word motivation. Its just like a word that screams "I will push myself to do sth" and If you push yourself you feel sad and something like self-sabotaging. It is so annoying, I feel that.

However,If you could remain with good feelings in your whole mind and body,the inspiration will be there,and it will feel authentic and natural.

So whenever you feel unmotivated,remember that your true self wants the best for you,and at this moment you have to improve the way you feel in order to think that you're motivated again! 

Because this bitch (bad mood) can make you say a lot of inaccurate things about yourself and make you believe them as well. Thats why when youre back feeling better,the motivation feels it got bacj,but in real life,it never went away! 

Motivation comes and goes. But great values, morals and self discipline stay with you once they're cultivated. Ground yourself in these things and you won't really need much motivation to complete your higher consciousness activities. 

I remember a video in which Leo said something about expectations and meditations. If you expect meditation to be soothing and calming, you will have a terrible time doing it and quit. If you expect motivation to be difficult work. Your odds of getting through are higher. 

Another point I heard Mark Divine (seal commmander) talk extensively about is: whenever put under stress, you don't rise up to the challenge, you fall back to the level of your training. 

Linking these two points together allowed me to beat my motivation problem. First I removed the wiggle room that opportunities and choice give you by embedding everything that is crucial to my day in an uninterrupted morning ritual. 

Doing this I don't have to be motivated or be high consciousness or anything. I assume that I will be shit at following through and strategically removed the option for me to not do it.

A second strategy that I find relatively useful is the one propose by Mel Robbins (the 5 second rule) @ 5:57

I hope this is of some help to you ;)

@LowPlanetary The first thing to understand is that that's YOU holding motivation that way. There's nothing inherently unstable about motivation. You just haven't found a way to tap into it.

Stable motivation is the key to all success, and its foundation lies much better than merely getting yourself into a motivated state every morning.

The way I solved the motivation issue in my life is by finding my life purpose and committing to it.

My spiritual motivation has also been going through the roof lately because I'm slowly building it up in my mind as I talk about in the life purpose course.

When you lay a deep foundation, the motivation tends to be quite stable. Your problem then will be too much motivation and so many different motivations that you don't have time for them all.

It takes time to build up the momentum and go through the wobbly phases where you're up and down a lot.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Sometimes if your young this can be an issue partially because your brain isn't fully formed yet. The brain isn't fully mature until about 25 years old. So keep that into consideration. But yeah I agree with Leo living your values and your life purpose is what really builds motivation. Looks like you have got to do a lot of self inquiry and contemplation to find out what you really want to do and what you really value, what is your life purpose. And don't follow the catch all phase of "do what your passionate about." Do what is valuable that is going to lead to valuing yourself and others in meaningful ways. 

Simply put, Isn't our life purpose really to become a field of awareness, pure consciousness and then everything else is really not that important, yes we need shelter, food, the necessities for survival but I believe that people are searching for a certain job or thing to be their life purpose, something that is outside of themselves...  It's not easy to get to this point at all but in a sense it is easy because we already have everything we need and no searching is necessary.  This is how I see my life purpose.

Examine what you believe to be impossible, and then change your beliefs.