Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobby_2021

Create a woman only sub fourm.

12 posts in this topic

Given that almost every interaction where men and women interact on matters where they disagree ends up in chaos, can we create a woman only subsection with access only to women.

And maybe men who are approved by those women.

This could create a safe space for women where they can talk about stuff in their own ways who are otherwise unheard and oppressed by the overwhelming masculine voice in this fourm. 

You can put in the "other" subsection below Journals.

Or atleast create a topic that's pinned in some section that women only can comment.9_9 

Just a suggestion from my part. 

39 minutes ago, RebornConsciousness said:

If they want a separate forum consisting of purely women, they are more than welcome to realize this for themselves. They just care more about complaining

If some group of people claim that they can do spirituality in different ways and the current working of the platform is hindering them, then it makes sense to listen to them. 

3 hours ago, RebornConsciousness said:

If they want a separate forum consisting of purely women, they are more than welcome to realize this for themselves. They just care more about complaining

My friend do you not see the irony here?

'They just care more about complaining' – that's complaining :P

I think if a large enough sub-group of people are complaining it indicates that there is likely an issue that needs addressing. A woman only sub-forum seems like a good idea.

The only issue would be verifying who is a woman and who isn't, that's kinda tricky. And that sub-fourm would also become a target for trolling.

14 minutes ago, RebornConsciousness said:

Maybe it is. I didn't personally view it that way as I was writing it. And since I can only know for sure that my direct experience is truthfull, I don't think it was complaining.

Your interpretation of experience ("not complaining" or "complaining") is not "truthful".

Don't confuse your interpretations of actuality with actuality. Otherwise You'll see the bullshit You spin as truth, because it's "yours". Self-deception is almost always at play.

Edited by Sincerity

3 minutes ago, RebornConsciousness said:

You're right actually. Thanks for reminding me

❤️

7 hours ago, something_else said:

The only issue would be verifying who is a woman and who isn't, that's kinda tricky. And that sub-fourm would also become a target for trolling.

We can start with people who are obviously women. And it's not a strict criteria to include only women in that section. It's rather a "feminity section" rather than a woman's section.

If women at large find that some men are ideologically compatible with their ways, then they too can participate. I don't see a huge problem with that.

Else there will be constant nagging voice in the background that the fourm is oppressive to women. And women who join here will continue to leave. And to change our ways to accomodate them isn't practical. Masculinity is simply more direct, simple, straight and efficient. The least we can do is to create a sub fourm. 

It's up for Leo to decide. @Leo Gura

@Bobby_2021

On 06/04/2023 at 6:14 PM, Bobby_2021 said:

We can start with people who are obviously women. And it's not a strict criteria to include only women in that section. It's rather a "feminity section" rather than a woman's section.

If women at large find that some men are ideologically compatible with their ways, then they too can participate. I don't see a huge problem with that.

Else there will be constant nagging voice in the background that the fourm is oppressive to women. And women who join here will continue to leave. And to change our ways to accomodate them isn't practical. Masculinity is simply more direct, simple, straight and efficient. The least we can do is to create a sub fourm. 

It's up for Leo to decide. @Leo Gura

As silly as this idea may seem, I do think it's necessary. I occasionally go to the dating section and WOW, never mind the other sub forums and spiritual teachings and the male:female centric ratio of views, it's very apparent that a lot of masculine energy is in that section that has to be balanced a bit.

@RebornConsciousness

3 hours ago, RebornConsciousness said:

Honestly, the only thing I'd do is just ban all talk about pick up or attraction theory. If you want to get better with women, put the practice in in the real world. If you want to talk about pick up and attraction theory, I'm sure there are better suited places for that type of thing.

What do you think @Leo Gura? Let the community evolve in this way.

If we can't talk about pick up and attraction theory, young men become more dumber and find it harder, experientially to date with other women. You do not appreciate how, average male centric views are logical, rational and categorical in thinking. Most men have to talk and conceptualize these theories first before applying them in-field. If you want to ban all male talks of attraction here, tell @Leo Gura and others like him to censor themselves when talking on PUA in this forum, and even when making videos. Because fundamentally communication is what made democracy possible, along with other factors it's discourse that allowed both averages of males-females nowadays to coexist, while not perfectly, at least in some relative harmony. Take talking or discussions or language away and we'll end up with a big sea of perverts and all those consequences will be in your hands.

7 hours ago, Squeekytoy said:

Honestly what happened in that locked thread is just pathetic, I'm almost embarrassed to be a guy here.

It's not that simple. There are issues at both sides here.

Men are usually too brash, loud & direct in their approach gets seen more and those with subtitle & nuanced points of view gets swept under the rug.

At the same time women make silly arguments like "Oh it's because you are an incel stuck up in your mom's basement" kind of ad hominem instead of discussing what's wrong about the other side in an impersonal manner.

I don't think either side is represented, understood or discussed accurately. Is just people blindly misinterpreting, name calling, and trying to talk over each other.

So having a seperate section is like a temporary solution. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

56 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

@Bobby_2021 yeah I mostly agree with all that, but just look at the particular example. The last few women on the forum trying to find each other, and the thread just got flooded with guys butting in and arguing until it had to be locked in a matter of days at the OP's request. Like seriously what was everyone doing in there and why. All it accomplished was prove her point and probably chase off a few more women. Notice also how most of the tagged women didn't even bother to stick their noses in, and no surprise. All I could think was yep, good job fellas, that sums it up. 

It's a given, that this type of work overwhelmingly attracts men for whatever reasons. 

And then people try to argue over the reasons trying to score points.

Men need to take more responsibility in calmly stating their arguments without fallacies and less generalisations, and most importantly to make them look less. Wanting to look higher and the other lower will always result in chimp like behaviour that we saw in that thread. 

At the end of the day it's just pure interest and genetics at play here for explaining the overwhelming presence of men here. And I couldn't care less if women are here or not. But oppressing one side of the voice by sheer size and strength is not civilized behaviour. 

7 hours ago, Squeekytoy said:

You're not hearing me. None of that had any place in that thread. It wasn't called "What are the differences between men and women and why don't we get along on this forum. Let's duke it out suckers." It was called "Are there any women left on this forum."

The OP of that thread wrote "Sometimes it feels like I'm the last one left here and I have significantly decreased my time spent here and mainly stay in the journaling section now."

What the actual fuck made everyone storm in and start arguing? Nobody asked.

My guy just chill. I was just ranting stuff.