LSD-Rumi

If you have OCD, don't use LSD unless on antidepressants

9 posts in this topic

LSD apperantely activities glutamate channels which play a huge role in exacerbating OCD. I used it many times and each time, my mind feels like It was rapid or something. Racing thoughs ten times the usual and I ended up in a very bad state. But When I took it with antidepressants, nothing of the previous things happened and the experience is generally amazing. No waving or strange visuals and less body load and anxiety. 

Try Mushrooms or Iboga.

As above so below, as within so without.

I want whatever antidepressant you’re having because being on SSRI’s while tripping is a bad idea for a lot of reasons. You’re going to waste a tab for the least.

It is true that under LSD I become obsessively compulsive and I really want to tidy up my room, wash myself, change my clothes etc.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

I was told the general rule of thumb is to come off SSRI's for at least 2 weeks before you take a psychedelic.  Although it could be longer depending how long the medication's been in your system, I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, enzyme said:

I was told the general rule of thumb is to come off SSRI's for at least 2 weeks before you take a psychedelic.  Although it could be longer depending how long the medication's been in your system, I'm not sure.

@decentralized Lysergamides work well with antidepressants, I think they even enhance the experience!

@LSD-Rumi well, if the antidepressant you're using binds to the 5HT2A receptor you're going to need a higher dose to trip, but it's very complex and not very understood even by professionals. Some of my friends had to quit antidepressants because while on them they didn't feel any effects from the LSD. If you're using an atypical antidepressant such as bupropion it won't effect the trip and it can even enhance it, in fact I'm very curious about this combo

@decentralized Well I tried it with multiple SSRIs and the trip was stunning. 200ug was able to send me into very bizzare state

I had the same problem, i noticed this when experimenting with glutamate supplements making me loss sleep with racing thoughts.

High carb meals and L-tryptophan helps avoid this.

The trigger for me is weed not LSD, thoughts racing 100x, visualizing, talking, thinking all over the place, full body shaking.

LSD does the opposite, its all bliss. 

Seeing as we have the same experience with different substances there is likely more the to story the glutamate activation. Maybe it actives in my body with weed and with your LSD, but how and why? ???

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?