Jahmaine

Leo, what’s the process behind your videos?

8 posts in this topic

Just curious about the behind the scenes, do you have a set formula on how you make your videos? Like research, picking a topic, structure, etc. 

It’s clearly very formidable, it’ll be very insightful.

@Leo Gura

I work on over 100 topics at once. I make outlines for each. When one outline is complete I shoot a video.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I also already wondered if there will be ever a little "Behind the scene"-video :D

1 hour ago, Phil King said:

This video shows some of the behind the scenes. You can see that hes been working on some videos for literally years before they came out

Yea, I remember this one. Have been using this program since then and I really like it. I didn't really look into all the notes he had there showing (this kind of stuff is too private to me), but it's nice to hear he puts so much time and thought into his work, it's really showing.

I'm not sure if him making a video how he works, would be super fascinating or benefitial, I assume him just sitting alot in front of his computer hehe. It would be more for entertainment, like how some youtubers show what a day in their life looks like. And who knows, maybe he still got some small practical tipps to share, especially with those who would to word in a similar way from home.

Edited by Mormegil

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I work on over 100 topics at once. I make outlines for each. When one outline is complete I shoot a video.

Jesus. I can’t imagine how your workflow will change once AI dominates all our lives. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It must require skill to create 2 hour nearly perfect video from marely an outline. How did you acquire that skill? Have you shot practice videos? I recently watched your very first videos and they seem natural (btw they are very good).

I guess to anawer OP's question there is no formula it just flows, doesnt it?

6 hours ago, Zedman said:

How did you acquire that skill? Have you shot practice videos?

The skill is just understanding and articulating it deeply to yourself. Then speaking it is rather effortless.

In the early days I would shoot some videos more than once. But these days they're all one take.

I did practice to speak more slowly and with less umms and uhhs.

My very first videos were done in a single take. What you see is how I spoke.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.