Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest username

Do You Believe Sex Is A Necessity For The Best Life Possible?

Do you think a healthy sex life is needed to live the best possible life?   21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a healthy sex life is needed to live the best possible life?

• Yes, it's a basic human need and desire
    • No, that's just a story, and celibacy can be just as rewarding to someone with high consciousness

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

I'm going to leave my view out so as to no bias the results.

Our society in this day and age is ridiculously fixated on sex. Part has to do with the fact that we are so identified with the body and bodily pleasures in general. The other reason is because a taboo has originated about something that feels so good. That makes it a goal for people even more and all kind s of perversions are created because we supress natural desires. Society is shaming sex or certain parts of the body but is simultaneously showing death and torture in television.

I think It's a basic human desire. But the more we realize that we are not humans but the consciousness behind the human, the more we lose the desire for these bodily desires. (Just speculation though, I am not in that state) 

I'm going to go with a middle ground perspective.

As soon as you say ANYTHING is a necessity for the best life possible, you've lost. Because all things are impermanent and you will have to let go of sex at some point.

That doesn't mean sex isn't something enjoyable or shouldn't be pursued. If you want to have sex, go for it.

But, be mindful of your expectations. Sex can definitely become a coping mechanism or abused due to the high most people get from it.

@aurum I'm not demonizing sex, just getting people's opinions on whether or not they think it's a need for the best possible life.

The natural goal of sex is reproduction or having a child and I do think this can give your life more meaning but also great insight. It's bonding and you can re-experience the world from a childs perspective.

It's not a necessity but it can make your life more colorful in the long run.

Sex is a necessity for life. There would be no life without it.

@abgespaced Not life on an ecological scale, I'm talking about whether or not an individual having sex is a necessity for the best life for the person.

@username  It's the foundation of a complete person, regardless of that person engaging in the act of sex. All energy is sexual, so their sexuality will be expressed one way or another. The best life makes use of that energy for constructive ends.

Edited by abgespaced

@abgespaced Do you believe intercourse is the necessary outlet?

Just now, username said:

@abgespaced Do you believe intercourse is the necessary outlet?

It's an outlet. It is also very, very helpful in balancing the hormones in one's body, getting one present minded and making connection with another, all in one go. Very difficult to find that in some other activity.