aurum

Marianne Williamson Is Running For President

224 posts in this topic

@Emerald

9 minutes ago, Emerald said:

I didn’t bully you. I just said you were wrong and explained why I thought you were wrong.

You did bully me using etymology calling me a bundle of sticks, but okay, if you're not a chill person and can't take a joke, fine.

6 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Emerald

You did bully me using etymology calling me a bundle of sticks, but okay, if you're not a chill person and can't take a joke, fine.

Were you joking about me bullying you? 

It’s hard to pick up on facetious jokes through text because the tone doesn’t carry through this medium very well.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 3/18/2023 at 11:47 AM, Leo Gura said:

The reason I'm not worried that DeSantis will be a true fascist is because American institution, culture, society, and courts are too developed to allow that in practice. Basically the way you know that we're not going to have another Holocaust is because America has developed beyond such things. Of course you could try to argue that we really haven't, and that anything is possible. And technically anything is always possible. However, common sense suggests that making such arguments is not realistic and it leads to a misunderstanding of the right-wing in this country.

This is my main point of disagreement with you.

It’s unwise to be so confident that America has developed beyond the threat of Fascism… or authoritarianism more generally.

This is the unsinkable ship fallacy.

All it requires is an erosion of the systems we have in place and a populace that is mobilized by a demagogue and a well-oiled propaganda machine.

And there has been plenty of erosions of the system in the past 7 years. And the propaganda machine is very well oiled.

And you underestimate how powerful  having a demagogue in office as the moral leader is.

It can take otherwise accepting people and water the dormant Fascist seeds in them.

During 2015 and 2016, Trump often posed himself as a demagogue during his campaign. And he said things like “Mexicans are rapists” and “build the wall” and “Muslim ban” etc.

And this rhetoric played a part in why he was so popular.

And when Trump first was elected, I had a family member of mine coming over for Thanksgiving. And we had talked briefly before about hoping Trump didn’t get it a few months prior.

This person has always been pretty progressive minded.

And then, she came over and I was hoping to mutually vent with her.

And then, when she got there she told me that she voted for him.

And this person who has never said anything negative about Muslims before and even instilled the value in me of being accepting of others, spent a significant portion of the visit arguing with me that we need to put Muslims on a registry and give them special IDs.

And she thought we should keep Muslims in special detainment areas until “we figure things out”.

This was her parroting the Fascistic rhetoric that Trump used that helped him get elected.

And this was such a truth bomb dropped on me about how powerful the threat of Fascism really is. I had always assumed that it couldn’t happen now.

But in that visit, I saw a microcosm of how it could and would happen under a demagogue who wanted to mobilize people in that direction.

You have to understand that a large portion of the populace (like that family member) are dormant Facists.

And I don’t just mean Conservatives. The family member I’m referring to, never had Conservative values.

You don’t need a Conservative orientation to be sucked in by Fascism.

It’s a combination of psychological/emotional factors that makes a person susceptible to a demagogue.

It’s the psychological condition of feeling powerless in your life and trying to find some authoritarian leader outside of yourself that’s going to fix things. And it’s the desire to find someone to blame for that powerless feeling and thinking that making them powerless will bring back your power.

As long as people aren’t connected to their own power and sovereignty, they will always seek it in authoritarian leaders.

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

6 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

To me being conservative minded here is more practical and effective than being liberal minded here yes?

Some amount of caution here is certainly warranted. We are only debating over the degree.

18 seems reasonable. We don’t even let kids get tattoos in the US until they are 18. And being cleared by a mental health professional also seems like a good idea.

Like be more reasonable and less fantastical? Because these policies can and do have effects on peoples lives?

She may be a bit idealistic, but I think Marianne is striking a decent balance so far. Finding some perfect balance is extremely challenging. At some point, good enough is good enough.

Just because we've exhausted talking about Marianne Williamson's chances of winning, doesn't justify continuing the thread and derailing this thread, or which justification do you think is valid for justifying the continued derailing? What does Progressivism, LGBTQ, Nazism, Fascism, Desantis, Trump, Aliens, Ghosts, A course in miracles, have ANYTHING TO DO with the main thread point: Marianne Williamson's chances of winning?

I wouldn’t say I made this thread with the sole intention of focusing on Marianne’s chances of winning. Conversation is meant to flow and change. There is some wisdom in letting it go where it needs to go.