StarStruck

Women treat MEN the way men treat JOBS: how relationship goals change the dating

247 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

What's the equivalent of that for men pursuing better jobs?

More meaningful job, a mechanical engineer going to some passion project type job.

Edited by Devin

1 minute ago, Devin said:

More satisfying job, a mechanical engineer going to some passion project type job.

Well, I don't know about western women. I know the women that got divorced in my country, and the reason for some of them was jealousy and suspicion of cheating husband, and other ones because their husbands were physically abusing them. I don't think women can suddenly become a completely different species in a different country, but hey believe whatever you want.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 minute ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Well, I don't know about western women. I know the women that got divorced in my country, and the reason for some of them was jealousy and suspicion of cheating husband, and other ones because their husbands were physically abusing them. I don't think women can suddenly become a completely different species in a different country, but hey believe whatever you want.

The video isn't really about divorce, I only posted those statistics because that's what we have statistics on. It's about the dynamic we just spoke about. Women won't leave because of this if there isn't a better option they see.

But that doesn't mean this can't improve your relationships, it's for more than just divorce, it's for a better relationship, understanding common differences of sexes, that aren't easily recognizable.

Edited by Devin

I actually think the target audience is unmarried long term relationships, say you've been dating since 20 and you're 27, what the woman wants from that relationship changes. And not just wanting marriage and children.

Edited by Devin

@Devin I don't understand your mental process.

• Your interpretation of the video seems completely off the mark. It's clearly talking about hypergamy in one way or another. I don't get how you don't see that.
  • You seem to view women as some sort of alien intelligence that is hyper pragmatic and opportunist, even though it's very well known that women are very emotional creatures that base most of their decisions on emotions, sometimes even if it goes against their own survival/self-interests, and despite their intellectual recognition of the consequences.
  • I'll add that many women, like my own mother, stay in toxic relationships for noble reasons.

Hypergamy is moving up social class, he's talking about what women want out of relationships.

47 minutes ago, Devin said:

This has the effect of women more likely to leave or be dissatisfied with a man down the road. At the start of the relationship the man satisfied what she was looking for, down the road the woman is not satisfied by the same thing, what she wants down the road is different, if the man is not also this new desire the woman will be upset with the relationship.

THIS IS THE VIDEO.

I disagree, there is a lot more in the video like the part where he states that women treat a relationship with her men like a job. I said I don't think this is true for the late 20/early 30 'you go girl' career women, it's that they treat their job as their job. I also said that women who end up divorcing don't do that easily like going to a different job.

We can discuss all day everything around the vid. The point to me is this: If you don't do the relationship work as a man, don't be baffled if your woman leaves you. And I don't think it's good advice.

Done.

5 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

is this: If you don't do the relationship work as a man, don't be baffled if your woman leaves you.

Done.

Your saying exactly what the video says.

I think you all are hung up on the money aspect of the mans job, he's not talking about wealth or status, he's only talking about the relationship.

Edited by Devin

@Devin Why do you put 7 spaces in front of your text, it drives me crazy. And also if we agree on the solution I don't care how each of us got there. We are good ;)

Start the video at 3:30 watch to the end.

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

Start the video at 6:00, what you see is then what I care for regarding this video.

3 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

Start the video at 6:00, what you see is then what I care for regarding this video.

Sorry didn't mean it for you in particular. I think understanding the dynamic has further effect than just this immediate solution, relationships are nuanced, for instance many times women will not tell you there is a problem let a lone what the problem is, understanding this video let's you be proactive, especially in the case where the woman isn't great with relationships which is the vast majority.

Just now, Devin said:

Sorry didn't mean it for you in particular.

Then I'm sorry as well. These spaces drive me nuts, what is this? :)

I think understanding the dynamic has further effect than just this immediate solution, relationships are nuanced, for instance many times women will not tell you there is a problem let a lone what the problem is, understanding this video let's you be proactive, especially in the case where the woman isn't great with relationships which is the vast majority.

Yes, it's way better than default.

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Hypergamy is moving up social class, he's talking about what women want out of relationships.

If what you think he is saying is true (and it isn't true, neither is what you think what he is saying), then this can be interpreted in one of two ways:

1. Men are great companions and women are simply treating them as transactional.
  2. Men are terrible companions and they refuse to improve so women leave them.

Let's be real, which one is closer to common sense?

44 minutes ago, Devin said:

It's not a complicated video. He presented a boring theory that seems mostly like a projection. You keep telling us to re-watch it as if it is the bible or something of major importance.

Edited by Gesundheit2

2 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

If what you think he is saying is true (and it isn't true, neither is what you think what he is saying), then this can be interpreted in one of two ways:

1. Men are great companions and women are simply treating them as transactional.

It's not a complicated video. He presented a boring theory that seems mostly like a projection.

Why did the women marry those terrible companions?

Why did the women marry those terrible companions?

I don't know why marriage even exists in secular countries, so I can't answer that question.

In my country, however, women marry because of (in no particular order):

1. Social pressure.
  2. Lack of a better option.
  3. Innate desire for family and children.
  4. Yearning for masculine presence.
  5. Sexual desire.
  6. Financial security.
  7. Tradition.
  8. To make other women jealous.
  9. Other reasons.

2 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I don't know why marriage even exists in secular countries, so I can't answer that question.

In my country, however, women marry because of (in no particular order):

1. Social pressure.
  2. Lack of a better option.
  3. Innate desire for family and children.
  4. Yearning for masculine presence.
  5. Sexual desire.
  6. Financial security.
  7. Tradition.
  8. To make other women jealous.
  9. Other reasons.

Where on your list is for the man, they are all selfish reasons.

Just now, Devin said:

Where on your list is for the man, they are all selfish reasons.

Welcome to life.

1 minute ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Welcome to life.

16 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

It's not a complicated video. He presented a boring theory that seems mostly like a projection. You keep telling us to re-watch it as if it is the bible or something of major importance.