EternalForest

If you were the opposite gender for a week...

8 posts in this topic

For women:

If you were a man for a week, what do you think would be the biggest struggle?

For men:

If you were a woman for a week, what do you think would be the biggest struggle?

This could be anything, related to dating, society, social dynamics, physical attributes, etc

BTW,

You can also list what you think would be the biggest advantage

3 hours ago, EternalForest said:

For women:

If you were a man for a week, what do you think would be the biggest struggle?

For men:

If you were a woman for a week, what do you think would be the biggest struggle?

This could be anything, related to dating, society, social dynamics, physical attributes, etc

I think I’d be concerned that I’ll be perceived as a threatening presence… like if I happen to be walking on the same sidewalk as a woman at night or something like that.

So, I’d probably have to do some social re-calibrations.

As for the biggest advantage, it would probably be about having my perspective respected more by men.

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Biggest disadvantage to being a woman would be the expected submissiveness.

Advantage; everyone willing to help you with anything, not having to worry about being on your own.

The first struggle I can think of that would annoy me would be not having the same athleticism or strength I currently have. I would probably get tired and injured immediately.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I'd be turning into a female.

Biggest disadvantage: Being Constrained.
I am someone who loves letting lose on all aspects of life. But as a women, especially living in the capital of India, I'd have to be so much more on edge and paranoid outside. I'd have to care about my looks a lot more. I wouldn't know about other countries but here a woman is actually much more heavily judged on her looks than a man. Depending on how attractive you are, you'd be fit into various stereotypes. An example would be that if you are pretty attractive then you are automatically an ego-centric person. And if you prove yourself to be humble then there'd be a lot more jealousy than admiration. There's no win in that regard. If you are ugly then you are automatically an NPC. I as a female, would be constantly given advice, especially by older women on how to conduct myself, how to behave, and a lot of warnings to keep myself safe. This is especially true since I live alone. I'd probably not even be living alone if I was a female. I'd be seen as a female first and as a fellow human second. I'd be much more naturally anxious because you guys can guess. Most people you see outside are men so as a female it'd be pretty daunting to explore places on your own. In India, you really need a man to get things done more efficiently whether it is government work, house work, legal proceedings, negotiations etc. This is because a man is taken much more seriously. So if I want to do any of that efficiently I'd need to find a man to help me out. Also I'd be judged for having male friends, and very frequently suspected of having affairs with them, so I'd really have to behave in a way to show that it's not like that. Also I'd be judged for being not submissive. So yeah, that will constrain me so much that I'd probably not even enjoy living. And let's say I decide to not play by the rules for the week that I am a female, and just live like how I live right now everyday, I'd be seen as a disgrace. A girl gone astray. A girl who has 'gone outta hand'. In general I'd be controlled much more and I gotta admit, I am not a big of fan that.

Biggest Advantage: A Support Network
On most fronts whether emotionally, financially or socially, I'd have a really great support network. It'd be so supportive that I'd actually not be held liable and judged for not achieving much on my own in my life. Don't get me wrong, I'd be praised if I do, but I wouldn't be judged much if I don't. Not much would be expected from me than to marry and be a good member of the family. The social networking would be CRAZY. If let's say I am a housewife, INSTANT connection with other housewives in the area and so much to talk about and relate to. I'd be so much more open and expressive emotionally in all situations because being emotionally vulnerable wouldn't mean that I lose respect anymore. As a man if I admit weakness, sure I may be given comfort by my social circle, but then what? I am not seen the same as before. I am seen as weaker, given less respect, as more submissive. As a woman I wouldn't have that problem, or at least not nearly to that extent.

My problems would be periods, violent men, maternal instincts and i would have to wash more.

But I like being a man, although i am a very feminine guy.