at_anchor

Science learning app?

23 posts in this topic

@Ninja_pig yes, that is actually what I was aiming for, not to become a physicist or mathematician, but just basic understanding that gets me through college and helps me think better. however, I have more pressing concerns that are not gonna make this possible.

@at_anchor If you get yourself a digital copy of mathematics HL and the solutions manual, then make screenshots of each of the questions and worked solutions and create anki flashcards out of them, you will have a very efficient and effective way of going over a standard high school advanced math curriculum. This is basically what I did as I had very broken schooling. You can just chip away at a chapter a week, or month or whatever pace you want and the flashcard software will automatically show you stuff you're struggling with, or that you are about to forget.

Once you have a good grasp of math, the sciences come quite easily. Math is really best treated as a foreign language than a specific subject that you either can or cannot do. You can still just make tiny gains in your understanding if you have other life stuff going on. Don't underestimate the compounding effects of time, that's something I would tell my younger struggling self if I could.

On 2/16/2023 at 1:11 PM, at_anchor said:

How to master math and science? It is the only way to survive in the 21st century western society, unless you have some other valuable skills or talents. I don't, and learning this might just be impossible so your response might fall on death ears.

Stem has little practical value unless your career directly requires it 

Um, and even then a lot of it won't even be used on the job

I'd find which careers you're looking for, what kind of work is required to land those jobs