D2sage

Actualized.org Trying to install crypto miner?

54 posts in this topic

Bug?

Everytime I get here I get this:

Crypto.png

Edited by D2sage

How do you get that?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

I use chrome and Bitdefender.

I get it everytime I visit here, seem to pop up mostly when I visit your profile.

But now it seems to work fine again.

Edited by D2sage

But what are you attempting to download??

What does the pop-up say?

Is anyone else getting this? Speak up!

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura the popup is the printed image i posted here. 

its like any antivirus software that alerts you and blocks malcious code 

I use Safari on Mac without antivirus, so no notification like that has ever popped up.

@D2sage Did Windows Defender show up similar warnings? Don't certain antivirus apps screw up from time to time? Could it be a false positive?

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao

25 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

I use Safari on Mac and have no antivirus. No weird notification like that has popped up.

@D2sage Has Microsoft Defender showed up a similar notification? It may be a false or mistaken alert?

You have no antivirus so that's exactly why no "wierd" notification has popped.?

Windows Defender is not capable to discover threats like that. It is garbage and free. 

Highly doubt it is false or misstake because a JavaScript tried to load on my pc.

I had a code injected on my blog similar to this. I ran a scan and removed it.

Edited by D2sage

1 hour ago, D2sage said:

@UnbornTao

You have no antivirus so that's exactly why no "wierd" notification has popped.?

Windows Defender is not capable to discover threats like that.

Highly doubt it is false or misstake because a JavaScript tried to load on my pc.

I had a code injected on my blog similar to this.

yeah... I mean how necessary is an antivirus on Mac?

Could your PC or browser be infected?

Fortunately it works fine again.

Edited by UnbornTao

I don't know if it was you, but I remember someone else posting not too long ago about this same experience and how Actualized.org gave them some sort of virus detection pop-up. Odd.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@UnbornTao 

On your Mac. You probably got a miner right now. Mac can run javascripts

Its impossible my stuff is infected because the software I use is blocking an infection originating from here

15 minutes ago, D2sage said:

@UnbornTao 

Its impossible my stuff is infected because the software I use is blocking an infection originating from here

"Hey Siri, delete virus."

That's how it's done in the Mac world.

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao

I wish Siri worked like that when I got my bank account ransacked and needed the bank to get the money back. ? 

See , thing is. You always get javascript loaded in your pc. For example, Google Analytics, but it dont show because its harmless and online provide your location, shopping intresst, age, what Phone you are using and much more. 

But this script is different, it use your elecricity and pc to mine crypto currency.

Edited by D2sage

29 minutes ago, D2sage said:

@UnbornTao 

You can't get miners installed just from visiting a site with javascript. You have to download and execute something.

Just now, thepixelmonk said:

You can't get miners installed just from visiting a site with javascript. You have to download and execute something.

Figured. If it's not some error on the antivirus's part, is it possible for some sort of cookie or add-on to latch itself onto other websites or something?

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@thepixelmonk no that's old news. 

Coinimp.com can help you use traffic to mine btc with JavaScript.

All you need to execute is this code that is being blocked. If you dont have bildefefender, you guys are mining as we speak.

Its like analytic script that you all here already have executed and that is how admin can see whom is browsing.

Just like this miner script you are unaware

Edited by D2sage

2 hours ago, D2sage said:

@thepixelmonk no that's old news. 

Coinimp.com can help you use traffic to mine btc with JavaScript.

All you need to execute is this code that is being blocked. If you dont have bildefefender, you guys are mining as we speak.

Its like analytic script that you all here already have executed and that is how admin can see whom is browsing.

Just like this miner script you are unaware

No we are not mining as we speak lmao. Guess how much cpu my actualized.org browser tab is using? 0.0%. Sure a specific site like coinimp can use in-browser javascript execution towards some mining if you allow it, but once you close the tab it's gone, everything is sandboxed and nothing can be downloaded and installed onto your actual computer, the javascript wouldn't even be able to communicate outside actualized.org servers. The only way this would work is if Leo knew about it and was siphoning our browser cpu himself lol, and even then once you close the tab you're fine.

Edited by thepixelmonk

I just checked the source coce of this file

https://www.actualized.org/forum/uploads/javascript_core/front_front_core.js.86aaab175fba8b1d78c64950a7f9e4be.js

and see no problem, however it still has some sercurity risks (missing security headers for clickJacking protection etc.)

Better check your machine again.

1.png

Edited by Joyboy

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

@Joyboy @thepixelmonk

Do you have a degree in computer science?

A trojan doesn't need your permission to install.

Miners usually use GPU and not CPU. And it will not work on your Actualized.org tab. So it's not a valid way to confirm.

I had infected webpage code run on my PC when I did not have legit security software and it was disguised as Tetris, for example.

Still a mining script.

Sometimes it can be hidden in the task manager and show up as something legit. It can work without needing to be here on actualized.org.

Edited by D2sage