John Paul

Is education inequality a sham or real?

12 posts in this topic

Is this factual or propaganda? Can anyone help clear this up for me?

it states that education inequality claims fail to mention federal funding and that education per student has been about equal since 1972…. I have watched videos opposite of this too. Unfortunately my actual studying skills are not as great as my YouTube learning skills. Help

2 hours ago, Godhead said:

Right-wing propaganda.

I think so too. Got any proof?

10 hours ago, John Paul said:

Is this factual or propaganda? Can anyone help clear this up for me?

it states that education inequality claims fail to mention federal funding and that education per student has been about equal since 1972…. I have watched videos opposite of this too. Unfortunately my actual studying skills are not as great as my YouTube learning skills. Help

As someone whose formal education is in k-12 education, one of the first things you learn about is how schools are funded.

So, federal funding (which isn’t quite equal either) only accounts for some of the funding. I think it’s about 30% if memory serves.

The majority of the funding for public schools comes from property taxes… not federal funding.

That means that, if you live in a poor area… your schools won’t be funded very well. And if you live in a rich area… your schools will be well funded.

Having worked as a substitute teacher in all the high schools in my district and most of the elementary and middle schools… all the schools here are pretty good.

But the schools in the North side of the country are SO MUCH nicer and better funded than the ones in the South side of the county. And that’s because the wealthier people live in the North.

And in the poorest neighborhood in town, the schools are a bit crummier there than in the other parts of the South of the county.

But they’re still decent because my county is the #1 school district in Florida by test scores. And this gives us a federal funding bump.

Now, if you take the county above me… which is where Jacksonville is… then you’re going to find a much greater disparity between the wealthier and poorer schools.

Edit: I overestimated on the federal funding. It looks like it varies from state to state that it’s usually in the 10-15% range. But I’m not even sure that this gets distributed evenly.

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@John Paul Hey mate,

Haven't watched the video but did check out the channel.

I'd recommend generally to always try to get an understanding of what the political alignment of your news sources are.

Imo, every news source is inherently biased.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Just now, John Paul said:

@Emerald can you source that information?

It was is the textbook that I read when I was a freshman in college in Intro to Teaching 101… which was almost 16 years ago.

That was the first time that I knew. But it’s something that all teachers know. It’s really basic info about the teaching profession for anyone who’s ever been a teacher.

But I did Google “what percentage of public school funding is federal” and “what percentage of public school funding comes from property taxes”

You’ll find the information there.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

In my opinion most of the propaganda comes from the history classroom. This is universal across all countries.

The American narrative concerning slavery is wrong in many ways because it attempts to downplay the cruelty of slavery as well as the long term consequences of slowly fazing out slavery. It is presented as if the 13th amendment banned slavery immediately, but there are all kinds of problems with this narrative.

Industrial violence is completely white washed. It would decimate the capitalist narrative if history text books included how many people were killed just so we could have a 40 hour work week. people were essentially trapped in indentured servitude, forcing them to live in massive construction sites forever with no economic mobility. People were shot for protesting, and this is an understatement.

Democrats and republicans have a huge conflict of interest when controlling the American history narrative. This is an immediate red flag that we are not being told the truth. Slavery is still being white washed, especially by republicans who claim to love American history and want to present just the facts, but they are presenting just the lies.

CIA scandals are never mentioned because this undermines the social matrix. In the 1970's America was the kind of place in which black people were given syphilis and denied the cure when it was available. This destroys the narrative they feed us in school. In fact many schools skip over the civil rights era entirely. Look up the Tuskegee experiments by the CIA.

I could go on and on.

North Korea is the exception. In North Korea all classes are propaganda, even the math textbooks. They have math problems like "853 American bastards attacked the lands of the great leader. The great leader killed 726 of the American bastards, but some were lucky and got away. How many American bastards are left over?"

@trenton that’s great information.

do you know where in the law I can see like how school is funded etc?

1 hour ago, John Paul said:

@trenton that’s great information.

do you know where in the law I can see like how school is funded etc?

@John Paul 

I don't know about all of the laws of how schools are funded.

But I do know that school funding is part of systemic racism. Teachers in private schools which were never forced to desegregate are given pensions. This puts teachers in public schools at a greater disadvantage and they often don't have all of the supplies they need. Public schools tend to have even more black children, and it sets them up to perpetuate economic inequality.

All of this is reinforced by white flight and voluntary segregation in the suburbs following the civil rights era. This is part of what continues to perpetuate the imbalance in school funding.

On 2023-02-15 at 0:23 AM, John Paul said:

@Emerald can you source that information?

Simply google “how are public schools funded”. This is easy to find and common knowledge that schools in the us are funded by taxes. Poorer zones have less funded schools. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"