Eternal Unity

What is Nirvana?

12 posts in this topic

Yesterday, someone asked me what Nirvana is.
Here's what I told him:

First, realize on an existential level that You never cease to be.

Once you awaken you understand that nirvana is always the case. That is the nature of reality. Bliss, absolute. The incarnation in which you realize this fully is called The Ascending Lifetime. In such a lifetime, you gain lordship over all systems of existence and express free will with accordance to The Divine Law.

Once there, you decide how long you'd like to live with the physical body which is in your possession at that moment. Over 120 years is a possibility. Great wisdom is within your grasp and higher states and levels of consciousness become open to you.

You may enter an initiation of a certain lineage, guide others to nirvana, study with ascended masters or walk the earth and simply bask in bliss. You may do this as long as you wish. When an intent is set to continue on The Path, the universe contrives to bring you the people, circumstances and experiences you desire most in order for you to express The Self further.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Unity with God. You with God and God with you. I and my Father are one. God in you and you in God. God-Consciousness. The best thing that can happen to a human.

Actually one of the definitions for Nirvana is the literal ceasing of all experience according to the Buddha, but he probably didn’t know what he was talking about. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

9 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Actually one of the definitions for Nirvana is the literal ceasing of all experience according to the Buddha, but he probably didn’t know what he was talking about. 

Why do you say that? I perceive Buddha to be one bad mother when It comes to awakening. Yes, he wasn't perfect, so there ARE states of consciousness higher than Nirvana.

To define is to limit.

How, exactly you cease all experience? you'd be dead....

Or perhaps the opposite is true? you'd be he most alive person? In a stiil and serene state? A True Awakened One?

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

1 hour ago, Eternal Unity said:

Why do you say that? I perceive Buddha to be one bad mother when It comes to awakening. Yes, he wasn't perfect, so there ARE states of consciousness higher than Nirvana.

To define is to limit.

How, exactly you cease all experience? you'd be dead....

Or perhaps the opposite is true? you'd be he most alive person? In a stiil and serene state? A True Awakened One?

I was being sarcastic that the person who essentially was the origin of the term as we know it wouldn’t know about it. 

There is no person, body, senses, thinking, perception, consciousness, mind, or anything else when this occurs. To say that you are dead when this happens is sort of true because a “you” is an experiential thing. This is one of the reasons why the Buddha compared this to Nirvana and described it as a form of Nirvana because there cannot possibly be suffering without experience. 

There are parallels to be drawn in Hinduism as well such as what is described in this video. This possibility of a “state” or attainment outside of experience has been known to Hinduism and Buddhism for quite a long time. It really is one of the clearest ways, if not the clearest way, to see past the illusions created by clinging to identity. This is why it is valued so highly in these traditions. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

@vladorion I get that! thnx

@Sempiternity I love them!

@BipolarGrowth Thanks for the video, and the enlightening explanation. Question: Is Hinduism older in history than Buddism? If so, then The Buddha must have known all about it in his lifetime on earth, no? I mean, he was born in India and lived his 25 - 30 years there a a prince or something, I know that he didn't take a Guru, does this mean he thought Hinduism is bullshit and sought enlightenment by himself? Can you clarify? 

Thank you all,

Greg.

@Eternal Unity From what I’ve gathered he was aware of Hinduism. He didn’t seem to think the common methods around at his time were sufficient for people to awaken. He ended up going on his own path finding the middle way between the extreme ascetic practices and the ways of the world after experiencing the comforts of the world as a prince and trying out the extreme ascetic practices for several years himself. 

I don’t think he thought Hinduism was bull shit but rather that it came to incorrect conclusions and was incomplete. The clearest example of this is the word anattā (non-substantiality of the self). The word anattā comes from the Sanskrit word Atman, but anattā is the negation of that term (anatman). This shows us that the Buddha promoted the idea that even the Atman (big Self) in Hinduism was not permanent and not entirely liberating as a realization. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

What do you see when you're in a dark room, with closed eyes, without any noises bothering you? 

The thoughts are there but they will dissolve after a while. 

That's nirvana. 

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

@BipolarGrowth Alright!

@Billy Shears Interesting. Like SDT. Sensory Deprivation Technique.