Hardkill

Putin's nuclear threats have moved the Doomsday Clock to 90 seconds until midnight

14 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Should we panic?

Panic?  No.  

Concern?  Yes. 

I don't know how they judge this "doomsday clock".  But I'm guessing it's just a subjective thing.  So, if that's the case, then it may simply reflect the level of concern of the people who oversee this "clock".  

Ya, I think concern is valid.  While also holding that we truly don't know if we're getting closer or further away from nuclear threats.  It's all guess-work in the end.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

This clock thing is so childishly stupid.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This clock thing is so childishly stupid.

So, what would be a better measurement for how close to doomsday we are?

25 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

So, what would be a better measurement for how close to doomsday we are?

There is no such measure.

The notion of trying to measure such a thing is an insult to human intelligence.

You'll know we are close when Putin is on TV foaming at the mouth and 80% of his military is destroyed.

Edited by Leo Gura

wild-norway-rat-in-brick-corner-825x550.jpeg

... but the rat has one of the largest nuclear arsenals in the world...

Jeez

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Hardkill

On 2023-01-24 at 8:15 PM, Hardkill said:

The news have just mentioned that "Putin’s nuclear threats move Doomsday Clock closest ever to Armageddon, atomic scientists say"

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/24/putins-nuclear-threats-move-doomsday-clock-closest-ever-to-armageddon-atomic-scientists-say.html

Should we panic?

We ideally shouldn't panic, and what can you do really? If you're not the super wealthy who owns a nuclear bunker, you are mostly basically screwed, and then despite that you still depend on collective systems out there that nukes would just obliterate and make unusable. I'm lucky enough to be in a modest life, and I have still a favorite wine in one of the cabinets. I will celebrate with some family and friends when, and if when it comes.

If you and others still want to survive in a nuclear apocalyptical world, Fallout and the last of us style, be my guest. I'm not built to deal with zombie monsters or a post apocalyptical world, and if you're being honest with yourself and others, most of you are not as well.

21 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Hardkill

We ideally shouldn't panic, and what can you do really? If you're not the super wealthy who owns a nuclear bunker, you are mostly basically screwed, and then despite that you still depend on collective systems out there that nukes would just obliterate and make unusable. I'm lucky enough to be in a modest life, and I have still a favorite wine in one of the cabinets. I will celebrate with some family and friends when, and if when it comes.

If you and others still want to survive in a nuclear apocalyptical world, Fallout and the last of us style, be my guest. I'm not built to deal with zombie monsters or a post apocalyptical world, and if you're being honest with yourself and others, most of you are not as well.

You might say that now, but how will you truly react when the moment actually happens?

@Hardkill

46 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

You might say that now, but how will you truly react when the moment actually happens?

Trust me, I know myself way more than you know me. I ain't surviving any Fallout The Last of us fungus zombie apocalypse scenarios.

But I can do martial arts and punch boulders though, but no boulder punching would make me immune to radiation or spores infecting humans. 

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Hardkill

Trust me, I know myself way more than you know me. I ain't surviving any Fallout The Last of us fungus zombie apocalypse scenarios.

But I can do martial arts and punch boulders though, but no boulder punching would make me immune to radiation or spores infecting humans. 

You know kung fu?

Just look at it like this: Fallout 5 is coming early to a city near you, with 16 times the detail and none of the usual Bethesda bugs or stitled animations ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just look at it like this: Fallout 5 is coming early to a city near you, with 16 times the detail and none of the usual Bethesda bugs or stitled animations ;)

If the human will become extinct then I guess we should at least go out with a bang.