trenton

Political correctness

11 posts in this topic

I have a racist grandma. Sometimes she says the n word just to get a rise out of people. This starts fights with my sisters. After the incident I discussed it with my brother. He was afraid to say what he actually thought earlier.

First, he said that he was not really upset because people say things like "what's good n***a?" All the time when he's at school. This was his first time he hard someone using the n word in this manner like my grandma.

My brother pointed out how people are overly sensitive and sometimes college students pull the fire alarm and barge into a classroom chanting because of a racist comment that was made ten years ago by a current teacher back from when she was in high school. When people are easily offended, they cause more problems than the actual comment by the high school girl from ten years ago.

This is part of the problem of applying our modern sense of morality to the past. Political correctness changes over time for example you used to be more common for people to say "retarded." Many liberals look all the way back 250 years ago and criticize people for being slave owners. They do not appreciate the society people lived in at the time because mining was not popular while George Washington and his wife were around, so there were not many alternatives to making money. The complexity of history is distorted by applying our modern moral code as if it is obvious. Also George Washington released his slaves because he didn't actually want them, but his wife did.

People used to be persecuted for much less. For example if you were left handed then it could have been a sign of demonic possession. This happens with sickness as well because people didn't know about germs. The people of the past had radically different world views because we take everything we know today as if it is obvious when really it isn't.

Sometimes the left wing is immature in that there is a lot of name calling like sexist and bigot. This behavior only serves to drive people away from them and it is harder to win elections because of it.

This leads to a lot of misleading conclusions about systemic racism. It leaves people with the impression that racial justice is about individual racism, rather than something deeper. It makes white people feel like they are inherently the oppressor and it makes no sense to them. There are harmful stereotypes about white people and it makes them feel like they are the victim from their point of view. This anti-white bias is commonly called reverse racism. Leo argued that reverse racism is not the same as racism, and I don't understand because sometimes there are harmful stereotypes about white people.

I making this post to gather some thoughts on political correctness. This is a big, complicated, emotional issue. The reason I empathize with my brother is because I used to think the same way he did, so I have a pretty good idea of what he is thinking. He does have some misconceptions about systemic racism.

What are your thoughts on political correctness? Help would be appreciated. Here is a video he shared with me.

White people are impossible to govern because we're never satisfied. We always want more more more. No prison can hold us. That's why they're trying to incel us out of existence. Because we are dangerous. They know we're dangerous but I think they underestimate how dangerous we truly are. 

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

@Eyowey

1 hour ago, Eyowey said:

White people are impossible to govern because we're never satisfied. We always want more more more. No prison can hold us. That's why they're trying to incel us out of existence. Because we are dangerous. They know we're dangerous but I think they underestimate how dangerous we truly are. 

True, but how dangerous are white people is relative in comparison to other non white people, so it's not accurate to say all white people are dangerous, but leave out the dangers of other people? Also, not a good mindset to think and feel about yourself in relation to your race and in group, which to me is a victim mindset.

Edited by Danioover9000

@trenton

3 hours ago, trenton said:

I have a racist grandma. Sometimes she says the n word just to get a rise out of people. This starts fights with my sisters. After the incident I discussed it with my brother. He was afraid to say what he actually thought earlier.

First, he said that he was not really upset because people say things like "what's good n***a?" All the time when he's at school. This was his first time he hard someone using the n word in this manner like my grandma.

My brother pointed out how people are overly sensitive and sometimes college students pull the fire alarm and barge into a classroom chanting because of a racist comment that was made ten years ago by a current teacher back from when she was in high school. When people are easily offended, they cause more problems than the actual comment by the high school girl from ten years ago.

This is part of the problem of applying our modern sense of morality to the past. Political correctness changes over time for example you used to be more common for people to say "retarded." Many liberals look all the way back 250 years ago and criticize people for being slave owners. They do not appreciate the society people lived in at the time because mining was not popular while George Washington and his wife were around, so there were not many alternatives to making money. The complexity of history is distorted by applying our modern moral code as if it is obvious. Also George Washington released his slaves because he didn't actually want them, but his wife did.

People used to be persecuted for much less. For example if you were left handed then it could have been a sign of demonic possession. This happens with sickness as well because people didn't know about germs. The people of the past had radically different world views because we take everything we know today as if it is obvious when really it isn't.

Sometimes the left wing is immature in that there is a lot of name calling like sexist and bigot. This behavior only serves to drive people away from them and it is harder to win elections because of it.

This leads to a lot of misleading conclusions about systemic racism. It leaves people with the impression that racial justice is about individual racism, rather than something deeper. It makes white people feel like they are inherently the oppressor and it makes no sense to them. There are harmful stereotypes about white people and it makes them feel like they are the victim from their point of view. This anti-white bias is commonly called reverse racism. Leo argued that reverse racism is not the same as racism, and I don't understand because sometimes there are harmful stereotypes about white people.

I making this post to gather some thoughts on political correctness. This is a big, complicated, emotional issue. The reason I empathize with my brother is because I used to think the same way he did, so I have a pretty good idea of what he is thinking. He does have some misconceptions about systemic racism.

What are your thoughts on political correctness? Help would be appreciated. Here is a video he shared with me.

Stage green immature woke ideologues reacting to stage orange/stage blue racism, whilst denying they are racist by also caricaturing and stereotyping white people themselves, with limited cognitive and moral development, personalities, over active states of consciousness, limited life experiences, limited knowledge either oversimplified or overcomplicated to suit their agenda, and other limited lines of development in areas of life. Also, victims first of social media consumption, addiction to Tik Tok as the Chinese Government connected founder of Tik Tok designed the algorithms to curate, tailor and hold as much attention as possible, syphoning your attention away from actually training, studying, researching, and developing virtues or being principled, but instead get you hooked and over hyped, get you over stimulated by chasing hyper success and engineering a growing need for more content at faster delivery, at the expense of brain rot and decrease in long term duration attention span.

Racism, Xenophobia, discrimination, ethnocentrism, is largely limits of stage blue societies they are reacting to, which ultimately we will have to evolve away from in the future, but these reactionaries, who may also have social media narcissism and other dark triad personality traits, will take advantage of the fallouts and chaos of these transformational dilemmas. 

Leo will tell you the same thing over again:

it’s better for society to have an overreaction to injustice then none at all- especially where we are in history. It really wasn’t long ago that Americans had slaves, genocide happened etc. and there is still violence and hatred all around the world 

@John Paul

33 minutes ago, John Paul said:

it’s better for society to have an overreaction to injustice then none at all- especially where we are in history. It really wasn’t long ago that Americans had slaves, genocide happened etc. and there is still violence and hatred all around the world 

Okay Jake Paul, it maybe is better for there to be overreactions, but I feel like over the top reactions are easily weaponized. 

@trenton Imo, there are unreasonable people on all sides of the political spectrum. There are some very reasonable woke style people out there too.

Its its healthier variety, 'woke' is just about treating all groups with a baseline level of human decency, which requires making sure that society and culture is arranged to not just cater for dominant groups but also traditionally marginalised groups, i.e. blacks, transgenders.

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

13 hours ago, John Paul said:

it’s better for society to have an overreaction to injustice then none at all

Depends on the type of overreaction.

Most of the overractions right-wingers whine about are rather mild cultural stuff, which causes little harm.

But something like a revolution would be dangerous and foolish and I would not support it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The position of this forum appears to be along the following lines.

Granted stage green has many excesses and many of these behaviors can be disruptive, none of these issues are comparable to the excesses of the right wing. for example, Fox news and other right wing media outlets are constantly floundering to draw a false equivalence between January 6th and any issue with a far left mob. The excesses of stage green are minimal compared to Christian extremists who continue to call for a civil war and another insurrection.

This kind of attitude is fair enough. What I am wondering is if there is a better way for the left wing to go about these things. As much as I have criticized the left wing, it seems that realistically the overreaction will continue and there is not much that can be done to slow it. I'm concerned that it is playing a part in the polarization.

Yes, that is the position. There is no denying how toxic and unconscious right-wing media is.

The better way is Stage Yellow. But the country isn't mature enough for that. So here we are.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.