Craigxt22

Vitamin/ Supplement Allergy?

11 posts in this topic

For some reason whenever I take ANY supplement or vitamin, my body doesn't like it, and makes me feel irritable, restless with insomnia for several days.

I only have to take a small amount of the following, Vitamin C, D, E, Zinc, Magnesium, creatine, Maca root, almost everything I have tried. I have tried different brands and variations etc.

What is going on? This is becoming very fustrating, as I want to do ACC.

I used to be able to take all of these with no problem what so ever, they used to make me feel better. But now I get problems. It's also strange, because sometimes the symptom show up 24 hours after consuming them.

I've had very weird reactions to Magnesium in the past so interested to see what answers you're gonna get. I had a period where I suspected I had a magnesium deficiency and took a magnesium supplement and I couldn't sleep afterwards. I also had an intense surge of nauseousness. I tried it once more but had the same result and that put me off it for good. 

Personally this would only  be an issue for me if it happened with vitamin D as there's no sunlight where I live. The other vitamins might not be necessary for you to supplement depending on what you eat.

Edited by Asayake

I think high amounts of any vitamin supplement may produce side-effects. Whether you recognize them or not depends on your level of sensitivity and their intensity. I sometimes supplement 5000U of vitamin D, 1000mg of vitamin C, magnesium, CDB oil or Krill oil. Almost every time these produce some sort of side-effect: itchy skin, irritability, insomnia, horniness, relaxation. But I don't know.

Edited by UnbornTao

Interesting.

Could it be some kind of immune response?

Could also be a timing. Certain nutrients can be mildly energising, some people anecdotally reporting getting a bit of a stimulation even with B-vitamins, possibly because of their roles in the glucose metabolism & Kreb Cycle. This could interfere with sleep quality and induce insomnia. 

Ascorbic Acid (vit C)  allergy is also a real thing. Reports of people getting all sorts of reactions have been documented 

You might be reacting to one of the excipients as well. 

Take some time off (at least a week) and then reintroduce them one by one and keep a gap of at least 3 days to observe adverse reactions. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

5 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Could also be a timing. Certain nutrients can be mildly energising, some people anecdotally reporting getting a bit of a stimulation even with B-vitamins, possibly because of their roles in the glucose metabolism & Kreb Cycle. This could interfere with sleep quality and induce insomnia. 

Ascorbic Acid (vit C)  allergy is also a real thing. Reports of people getting all sorts of reactions have been documented 

You might be reacting to one of the excipients as well. 

Take some time off (at least a week) and then reintroduce them one by one and keep a gap of at least 3 days to observe adverse reactions. 

Yes, will reintroduce them one by one. 

It's not an energising feeling like caffeine, they make me feel restless and agitated . It's just strange that the symptoms show up a day later.

Could it be a gut problem?

If it is just a sensitivity issue, can I cause any harm to myself? I want to be able to do the Andy Cutler Chelation.

Also, I use sodium ascorbate for vitamin C.

Strange.

Maybe its the capsules or filler material. Or placebo. Try taking with positive expectations.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Could be placebo, not sure though.

I want to continue doing Chelation, but worried my body might be rejecting and not absorbing the vitamins. Is that possible?

Did you come to any resolve regarding this? I am recently experimenting with taking vs not taking certain vitamins and it does seem like I feel better overall when I'm NOT taking Vitamin D, despite living in a dark country. Super strange, I'm pretty sure it's not placebo, although that's possible as well of course. @Craigxt22

Edited by Asayake

@Asayake I've taken 2 weeks off taking all supplements and feel a lot better. I am sleeping properly atm. I am going to slowly introduce them back in one at a time.

But I am not sure why they have been giving me grief lately, I used to be able to take them in abundance a year ago with no issues.

I am wondering if it is a gut related issue, I think I may have SIBO.

On 2023-01-26 at 9:56 PM, Craigxt22 said:

@Asayake I've taken 2 weeks off taking all supplements and feel a lot better. I am sleeping properly atm. I am going to slowly introduce them back in one at a time.

But I am not sure why they have been giving me grief lately, I used to be able to take them in abundance a year ago with no issues.

I am wondering if it is a gut related issue, I think I may have SIBO.

Interesting, I've been dealing with heart burn on and off for a long time. I'm starting to wonder if there's something related with that for me. Possible I have had some digestion issue for a long time that I've never gotten figured out. I'm going to get blood tests done to see if that makes me any wiser. Definitely feeling better so far without supplements, the only question is how sustainable that is.. given that I'm in a dark country on a vegan diet...