Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chrissy j

How Far Can Our Knowledge Of Psychology Go?

6 posts in this topic

How deep would our understanding of human psychology be if we fully self actualized? If we reached full enlightenment? If we studied psychology in the academic setting, studied philosophy, history, it all? How much would still be up to debate and unknown? I have limiting ideas of how far our knowing can go and it makes me hesitate learning all this stuff for my growth. How far does this all go?

Edit: Also an idea of how far my growth will take me. A vision!!!

Edited by MochaSlap
Added to my post

2 hours ago, MochaSlap said:

How deep would our understanding of human psychology be if we fully self actualized?

The mystics in the East have never bothered too much about the mind; they have only developed methods to bypass the mind. Those methods are the techniques of meditation – they are just to bypass the mind.

Once you have bypassed the mind, once you can have a bird’s-eye view of your own mind, things start settling.

It is your energy that disturbs the mind, that gives it the power to be violent, to be sad, to be angry, to be hateful, to be jealous. Now you are no longer giving it any energy.

It won’t take a long time. The mind withers almost like a cloud – it was there and it is no more.

The moment mind disperses; your meditation has come to maturity. Now your meditation will be the medium, not the mind. The mind will be used as a mechanism by your meditative forces, but mind is put aside; it is no longer the master. And it is one of the strangest stories that for ten thousand years in the East we have worked on meditation and we have been absolutely successful, not only in becoming meditative, but also in dissolving all the problems of the mind.

There is only one way to solve the mind and its problems, and that is to get out of it.

@MochaSlap  I will be brutally honest. The only thing really worth investing into is psychology and then everything falls into place. You will never regret learning psychology. With meditation your knowledge will surely go deeper but you will need to look into other resources of famous psychologists and thinkers as well. It's an ocean of wealth. Dive right in.   :x

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

On 3/2/2017 at 4:26 AM, MochaSlap said:

How deep would our understanding of human psychology be if we fully self actualized? If we reached full enlightenment? If we studied psychology in the academic setting, studied philosophy, history, it all? How much would still be up to debate and unknown? I have limiting ideas of how far our knowing can go and it makes me hesitate learning all this stuff for my growth. How far does this all go?

Edit: Also an idea of how far my growth will take me. A vision!!!

Its all about learning about yourself. And since everyone in a sence works the same, with enouge learning you will know more about people than they know about themselfs.