Mips

5-Meo DMT and epilepsy

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone here who uses 5-meo have epilepsy? I'm curious as to if people find their epilepsy is triggered by the drug as I've had seizures in the past & want to start my 5-meo journey.

I doubt it would trigger epilepsy. It's not a visual chem.

But you should double-check for reports on Reddit.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I doubt it would trigger epilepsy. It's not a visual chem.

But you should double-check for reports on Reddit.

Thanks Leo, I'll check Reddit :)

@Mips ChatGPT answer:

Q: Does 5-meo-dmt cause epilepsy?

A: 5-MeO-DMT is a psychedelic substance that can cause a range of effects, including altered consciousness and changes in perception, mood, and thought. There is no evidence to suggest that 5-MeO-DMT directly causes epilepsy. However, it is possible that the use of 5-MeO-DMT could trigger a seizure in someone who is already prone to seizures or has a history of epilepsy. It is also possible that the use of 5-MeO-DMT could worsen the symptoms of epilepsy in someone who is already experiencing seizures.

Q: “However, it is possible that the use of 5-MeO-DMT could trigger a seizure in someone who is already prone to seizures or has a history of epilepsy.” Why is that?

A: There is limited scientific research on the effects of 5-MeO-DMT on the brain, so it is not fully understood why the use of this substance might trigger seizures in some people. However, it is known that 5-MeO-DMT can cause a range of effects on the central nervous system, including changes in brain activity and altered consciousness. These effects may be more pronounced in people who are already prone to seizures or have a history of epilepsy, as they may be more sensitive to changes in brain activity.

It is also worth noting that the use of 5-MeO-DMT and other psychedelic substances has been associated with an increased risk of developing acute psychosis, which can manifest as seizures or other abnormal behavior. This risk may be increased in people who have a pre-existing susceptibility to psychosis or who have a family history of psychotic disorders.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Idk if it will be of help but I have epilepsy and no psychedelic triggered seizures on me(LSD, mushrooms, DMT). I haven't tried 5-meo-dmt though

I don't remember the science exactly, but it's something like, 5-MeO probably won't trigger your seizure directly, but can make you more prone for something else that could trigger you, for a few days.

As an addition to tje other posts, on erowid are a few reports of seizures caused from huge doses or mixing it with something else. Sometimes it also just happens if you are prone to it or just had bad luck. There are many factors at play and I recomend harm reduction like only as much as needed and set and setting. Btw this can happen with most of the triptamines. 

Edited by Starlight321