Javfly33

Stopping People Pleasing with family. Am I being too harsh or am I growing as a man?

31 posts in this topic

@Bad_anarchist Some didn't have the luxury of growing up in an environment that allowed them to mature as fast as you have. Call yourself lucky, well done ?

@meta_male shir, please…..

he is an adult and 100% responsible for his own maturity, there is no excuse. I didn’t mature bc of luxury, I matured because I was held accountable and told to grow the fuck up.

@Javfly33 I'd recommend reading when i say no i feel guilty.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

1 hour ago, Bad_anarchist said:

he is an adult and 100% responsible for his own maturity, there is no excuse. I didn’t mature bc of luxury, I matured because I was held accountable and told to grow the fuck up.

You are just sheep of the system. I have trascended the word "maturity".

Maturity is for boring sad adults.

Maturity just means you settle down with life and bought the guilt game the religion matrix set up for you. 

Sorry, you think you are smart, but you are just a sheep.

Sadghuru is 65. Ask him about maturity. He will laugh in your face of how boring and lame you became. 

@Javfly33 Maturity means a lot of things, settling down and being boring is not one of them. You have not transcended “Maturity”, your definition of maturity is that of a 15 year old who is rebelling against their parents and don’t wanna grow up.

Maturity is how you respond to aspects of your life, how you deal with situations, your emotions and the people around you. Being mature means:(just to name a few)

* having an open mind and not feeling threatened by opinions different than yours. 

*Having genuine empathy and understanding for other people. Treating them with respect (Don’t be a jerk)  

* Having true optimism in your abilities, without ego. Arrogance is a sign of immaturity.

*admitting your errors and flaws,  Not thinking you know everything and not blaming other people for your failures.

* Taking responsibility for your emotions. Not blaming other people for your feelings. 

* Not expecting people or society to cater towards you  And/or playing victim.

*Being able to apologise 

*Being honest with yourself and others 

* Knowing your boundaries and being able to communicate them efficiently. 

1 hour ago, Bad_anarchist said:

@Javfly33 Maturity means a lot of things, settling down and being boring is not one of them. You have not transcended “Maturity”, your definition of maturity is that of a 15 year old who is rebelling against their parents and don’t wanna grow up.

First, now it's my mother. My father is dead, he OD'd one year ago. 

It's not rebelling. You probably haven't had low-energy consciousness parents that you had to build a wall to not be hurt by them.

Don't confuse rebelling with being wiser and putting yourself first even if that means not fixing culture's norms of family 'obligations'.

Chances are, You probably haven't drove your parent to go pick-up heroin before going to school. 

3 hours ago, Bad_anarchist said:

You mature enough to say no to Christmas?

Word of the year; Gaslighting ?.

These guy's parents must have them on a leash!

Edited by Devin

the guy helped his parents get their heroin and people are still gonna accuse him for lack of accountability... I think the issue here is not him being too avoidant of responsibility, but the family being too toxic and a bad influence to be around to...

@TheGreekSeeker I think their problem is with his communication style, they don't understand how being raised by manipulators takes some figuring out to even halfway communicate, let alone establish boundaries.

Edited by Devin

3 hours ago, meta_male said:

You mature enough to say no to Christmas?

?

@Devin Amen