VincentArogya

What is consciousness work after awakening?

22 posts in this topic

I need some direction on consciousness work. I come from no meditation or yoga background but luckily had an awakening three years ago. 

Over the years there has been recontextualization of experience and there is automatic character development without much of my consciousness effort. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

After Awakening, more Awakening!

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, VincentArogya said:

automatic character development without much of my consciousness effort. 

What do you mean?

6 hours ago, Manusia said:

What do you mean?

Falling away of old self-centered activity and consideration for other over self. 

Its a shame this is rarely discussed as most teachers are catering to 'seekers' with their videos, retreats, books etc. 

However, for one its never ending, as its life. 

Its simply the recalibration of all realms of your life with your understanding. 

Unless you 'work' in this field, expect periods where you don't even think about spirituality and just enjoy life, after all that is the point. 

But, if you still feel there is more to do awakening wise, defo go for it.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Spirituality is an excuse to keep dreaming.

Apparently.

47 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Its a shame this is rarely discussed as most teachers are catering to 'seekers' with their videos, retreats, books etc. 

However, for one its never ending, as its life. 

Its simply the recalibration of all realms of your life with your understanding. 

Unless you 'work' in this field, expect periods where you don't even think about spirituality and just enjoy life, after all that is the point. 

But, if you still feel there is more to do awakening wise, defo go for it.

The funny part is I had nothing to do with the only awakening I had. I was listening to an Alan Watts music mix and trying to understand what he was pointing at and later in the day, it happened out of the blue when I was not even thinking about all these things. Now, I am at a point where I am deconstructing my existing assumptions and beliefs in the context of love and oneness. It's an arduous task but enjoyable and rewarding at the same time. I don't know how to meditate to awaken or have access to psychedelics. All I have is information, which in itself is overwhelming.

But to put things into perspective, there is a humungous difference between my understanding and relationship to life than it was three years ago. And it seems to me this is the only thing worth living for. 

@VincentArogya Based on the fact you said this is the only thing worth living for it reminds me of a conversation Ramaji shared that he had with Shinzen Young.

he came to Shinzen after an awakening experience all giddy & happy with it etc

he asked “what shall I do after awakening? It feels amazing!” 

shinzen said- I recommend going to clean some toilets, cooking your dinner & then finding “regular” people and seeing how they find you for the next few years 

sometimes, you need to just realise this is it, it’s not always needed to be magical or mystical, this ordinary life is it! 

(so maybe find some “normal” things to enjoy as well as deconstructing reality! It can get exhausting!)

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

You wouldn't ask that question if there would have been a permanent baseline clear awakening.

So keep working, to be really awake 24/7.

2 hours ago, VincentArogya said:

An ocean without any water.

Yes, an empty concept - just like the self. There is no you to be directed. 

Apparently.

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

You wouldn't ask that question if there would have been a permanent baseline clear awakening.

So keep working, to be really awake 24/7.

Funnily enough, I don't know how to keep working. That's why I am here asking this question about consciousness work. All I really do is deconstruct and recontextualize my current experience. I don't understand meditation, I can only sit quietly and be aware of the ride both sensory and thought-based. But that amounts to nothing. 

Just yesterday, I slipped into the question of "how Love exists?" and I was so afraid to go further because it was contrary to the realization of existence=love, I snapped out immediately, in fact, I was shaking my head thinking that is not the right question. Thinking about it now, I see how foolish I was.  

7 minutes ago, axiom said:

Yes, an empty concept - just like the self. There is no you to be directed. 

To be fully honest, I do not have the recognition of a non-existing "me". What I am working with is the recognition of "I am everything". While the illusion of the separate self has been seen, it has not been transcended. 

Edited by VincentArogya
Add unnecessary information on ego.

you have to do psychedelics until you fry your brain. for what? to notice the changes of state. you have to boil the water and turn it into steam. then freeze it, then again water. to break the solidity of your current state. This will facilitate the opening to the reality of what you are, which is not at all thinkable, since thought is something that is being created. it cannot be used to understand the whole thing. reality is unthinkable. you are infinite depth .is that something? is it understandable? not. Well, it's not understandable by me. a psychedelic state is the same as a sober state. this is the key. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

21 minutes ago, VincentArogya said:

@Breakingthewall What other options do I have if I have no access to psychedelics? They are banned in my country.

Do the same analogically. silent retreats, meditation several hours a day for days, etc. But if you're really interested in the work, you'll get psychedelics. 

the attachment to the current experience is enormous and it is very difficult to break it. It is possible I suppose, as it was done traditionally. years in a cave meditating, those things. and with no guarantee 

and psychedelics alone won't do. you need a constant deconstruction work of all the pillars that support the structure of your self, of the separation between me/another, etc. there is always a little more to deconstruct. Some teaching could be necessary too.

Edited by Breakingthewall

46 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Do the same analogically. silent retreats, meditation several hours a day for days, etc. But if you're really interested in the work, you'll get psychedelics. 

the attachment to the current experience is enormous and it is very difficult to break it. It is possible I suppose, as it was done traditionally. years in a cave meditating, those things. and with no guarantee 

and psychedelics alone won't do. you need a constant deconstruction work of all the pillars that support the structure of your self, of the separation between me/another, etc. there is always a little more to deconstruct. Some teaching could be necessary too.

Thank you, friend. I will remember it.