"One Love

One Heart

Let's get together and feel alright"

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

33 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

this

but even better if you do acid + weed ;)

But of course! Grateful Dead + acid + weed is like stepping on the gas pedal into infinity. the years from '72 though '77 are my sweet spot. 

6 minutes ago, eggopm3 said:

But of course! Grateful Dead + acid + weed is like stepping on the gas pedal into infinity. the years from '72 though '77 are my sweet spot. 

Same! Although when tripping I love '69 too. Live/Dead or Dick's Pick 16 are great for example.

Have you been to a live dead show? Dark Star Orchestra (Grateful Dead cover band) did a Europe tour this year in honor of the original tour from '72 50 years ago and they recreated the shows with the same setlists etc. I saw 7 shows and dosed at 5. Best time of my life so far!

Many people who have gone there have been following the dead for more than 30 years and have done tons of spiritual work. They also dose at those shows and everyone dances together. Had my deepest God realization on the last show. Definitely some of the most conscious people there I've ever met.

11 minutes ago, eggopm3 said:

But Billy Strings is great.

Saw him twice this month in Berlin and Cologne. He is so freaking good it's crazy, but the crowd there is very different, it's mostly people who drink.

30 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

Same! Although when tripping I love '69 too. Live/Dead or Dick's Pick 16 are great for example.

Have you been to a live dead show? Dark Star Orchestra (Grateful Dead cover band) did a Europe tour this year in honor of the original tour from '72 50 years ago and they recreated the shows with the same setlists etc. I saw 7 shows and dosed at 5. Best time of my life so far!

Many people who have gone there have been following the dead for more than 30 years and have done tons of spiritual work. They also dose at those shows and everyone dances together. Had my deepest God realization on the last show. Definitely some of the most conscious people there I've ever met.

Saw him twice this month in Berlin and Cologne. He is so freaking good it's crazy, but the crowd there is very different, it's mostly people who drink.

The live/dead era can be just the ticket sometimes too for sure. Binged all the Dick's Picks during the lockdowns back in 2020, that was a killer way to pass the time. Haven't been to a Dead-related show yet because they don't come to the Vancouver area too often (for a city full of hippies, legal weed, and decrim psychedelics the music scene is painfully lacking), though I hope to try and swing Dead and Co at the Gorge this year if the timing works out. I've seen Phish several times though and while that's a different scene for sure there's definitely still a lot of overlap in the fan-culture with most people dosing at shows and stuff. I don't have too many friends into the same music as me so I generally go solo to most shows so I have to be a bit careful with my dosing since I've got no-one to watch my ass if I get a bit too far out there. But there will be many more opportunities in the future!

I'm pretty turned off by alcohol culture in general. Ruins my vibe completely. I don't know how you can even appreciate the music when you're wasted as much as some of the people I've encountered. I want to be as dialed in to the music as I possibly can be, that's why I'm there after all!

@eggopm3 Saw Dead and Co twice in New York in 2019, great times definitely recommend. Next year will be their last tour with this line-up, so don't miss it. I can't afford to come to the States this year and probably won't see any of it.

At the Europe shows there were only about 300-500 people at each concert and you get to know a lot of them after a few shows. So I felt completely safe there, like everyone was watching my ass, it's really like a big family in a way. It's like the older folks are holding space for the younger ones there.

And yes, this music will never die, infinite possibilities are yet to come!

I've also always been put off by the alcohol culture. I mean, I don't mind people drinking and getting loose, but it really kills the vibe when most people just drink. For example, at psytrance festivals, a lot of people still drink a little, but not a lot, and everyone also takes psychedelics, so the vibe is still amazing.