The Universe

Self Discipline.

43 posts in this topic

@Bodhi123...So i was triggered by my delusions all those times ! ?? 

Thank you for this revelation !! :)

@Bodhi123 I hear that. I have lived that way before. What would you say to the idea that rather than proceed and do something you don't want to do, that you could change your perspective and want and enjoy the doing of it, or pick something else to do? Since everything is one connected causation, you don't have to connect too many dots to see the value or benefit in things.    What if 'work' is just a concept? For a few years, I did dry wall and roofing. We had a great time. Crazy talk? What if your emotions have been telling you the truth all along? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I see what you are saying… don’t label some actions as work… and other actions as play… with the right perspective all action becomes enjoyable… thus no ‘work’.

I see the value and truth of the above perspective.

But in the past and even currently my mindset revolves around self-discipline and delayed gratification.

Edited by Bodhi123

@Bodhi123 That IS resistant thinking. When you let go, that IS what you have been letting go of.  It has relation to honesty and clarity. Chris Cornell said it best-

"I won't lie no more you can bet, and I don't wanna learn what I'll need to forget"

Stay classy Bodhi.

Edited by Nahm

Check Kelly McGonigal's book "The Willpower Instinct". Excellent.

Some talks of her at youtube to give you a taste. The book has a very high density of information (in contrast to many other books that have 1-2 good ideas and the rest is pointless anecdotes).

I have found that, by structuring my time with timers and without forcing anything, my willpower has greatfully increase ! You guys should try it ! ( Also the Law of attraction helps when you don't have any will to do what you got to do with your timers.

Reminder the Law of Attraction is when you manifestation something by visualizing it just so it passes from a thought to an action / desire ).

11 minutes ago, The Universe said:

I have found that, by structuring my time with timers and without forcing anything, my willpower has greatfully increase ! 

What the hell do you mean? 

Putting timers on every tasks that requires effort : 30mins for this, 50 for that...

I used to say that I struggle with lack of self discipline,too. You know what? I was searching for years,to find something so powerful that can actually "motivate" me to do stuff. In fact,there is no good motivation. You need inspiration. When you stop and realize that there's nothing wrong with you and your brain,and that your mind doesnt play tricks in order to sabotage you,you will be free of this shitty 'motivational' stuff and discipline.

Whenever you're ready to do it,you will sure do it.

Forcing yourself is gonna make it worse,as everytime does,to each and everyone of us that we've tried it before. Im sure you did too.

Just relax and believe that it is gonna come.

I like the idea that we don't label it as work, and instead build a perspective that everything can be enjoyable. However, it is so TOUGH to get out of our traditional mindset, isn't it? :(

Everyday I wake up and say to myself "Today will be the day I will get all my things sorted out" and 99 percent of the time I watch TV until I tire myself out. I am dead already, I know that. I am mediocre, too. I say "I must do this" and "I should do this" but in reality I need to be saying "I could do this"

When we label everything with musts and shoulds, we have already lost. Our brain will create this illusory resistance. It's all about tricking the brain by making the work seem enjoyable and free, and this is where the power of coulds come in.

However, to get to that point, is really, really difficult, isn't it? :)

I wish you all the best my friends!

@ashashlov An effort is not a difficulty, it's a choice to go on a track and fight for it. 

It doesn't have to be difficult, it has to be chosen :)

But you dont get it. When you are feeling like you have missed out in life,that you've wasted time,that everyone else but you succeed in life, THEN this is what it has to stop. This is the emotion that brings resistance.

When that stops,all the amazing ideas will come up right in front of you. You will be inspired!!!!

@egoeimai exactly ! :) But for me it's exactly at that moment of guiltiness that spirituality comes along with meditation and other various practices and show me that ALL. OF. THAT. DOESN'T. MATTER., and then everything starts to go along :);)

1 hour ago, ashashlov said:

I like the idea that we don't label it as work, and instead build a perspective that everything can be enjoyable. However, it is so TOUGH to get out of our traditional mindset, isn't it? :(

Everyday I wake up and say to myself "Today will be the day I will get all my things sorted out" and 99 percent of the time I watch TV until I tire myself out. I am dead already, I know that. I am mediocre, too. I say "I must do this" and "I should do this" but in reality I need to be saying "I could do this"

When we label everything with musts and shoulds, we have already lost. Our brain will create this illusory resistance. It's all about tricking the brain by making the work seem enjoyable and free, and this is where the power of coulds come in.

However, to get to that point, is really, really difficult, isn't it? :)

I wish you all the best my friends!

Not using the word work, genius imo. Liberation at it's best. 

"I could" also genius. Fuck yes to that!

"tricking the brain' It's not a trick. You are changing your perception. Good for you!

It is one of or perhaps the most difficult thing.  The ego is so protective.

All the best to you!

49 minutes ago, blazed said:

OP makes thread and answers his own question constantly.

All the advice here is basic level stuff that you can see over and over if you research self-discipline and it's all useless to be fair.

I don't need little crutches and little aids here and there, like pomdoro techniques, breaking it down, task lists, sedona, etc. etc. I do all that stuff.

Tell me how I can work 8-12 hours a day the same way someone can easily watch a movie or play video games, thats the secret I want to know.

Successful people are addicted to their stuff, tell me how to get addicted.

Lately I'm doing too much spiritual work and not enough money making so I need to balance it out.

I will tell you the secret you refer to, and you will get very mad at me. 

Attitude.

You have greatly underestimated healthy eating. Realize your attitude is made out of the food you eat, like all your cells and emergent experiences. You are filtering the Everything with your attitude and experiencing what is left. And what is left is shit. 

In your philosophies, which you think are accurate depictions of reality, and they are, you put the cart before the horse. 

I assume you think 'successful people' are lucky. What you don't see is that they learned to look at things differently. 

I am one to typically be preachy about quantum physics.

But you desperately need something like Abraham Hicks. 

Just fucking try it. Try to ignore your reactionary attitude  that says "that's stupid."

It is that attitude that is preventing you from collapsing the reality that you want. The one where you don't work 8-12 hours a day, etc. Your attitude got you to where you are, and it can get you to where you want to be.

Stop being so fucking stubborn brother. It is only hurting you!

The thing successful people are addicted to, it attitude. You have simply underestimated this. 

Edited by Nahm

Not to be far-fetched but, Abraham teachings helped me to reduce every single one of my shitty beliefs,which were holding me back,reduced my anxiety dramatically,and my depression of course,improved my self-image (mentally) and I still have things to earn from this journey. Everytime they give me something good.

2 minutes ago, blazed said:

Nahm you sure reply to me a lot in every thread, I have no interest in your assumptions about me from the very little I write on here.

You have nearly 1000 posts in under a half a year of being signed up to this forum, I doubt you are doing anything important with your life to give advice which you think is absolute. Go meditate more often then constantly seeking to talk on here.

You are being rude,but you must know this: noone of Abe's followers gives a f*** about others' opinions.

So dont bother with this guy.