sweater

Compare Enlightenment

7 posts in this topic

How good does enlightenment really feel compared to other worldly pleasures?
Like lets say i took some meth would enlightenment still feel better lol?
Is enlightenment all what i really should be striving for? There's some stuff  that i would like (really really would like) to experience just before i shift my life in the direction of enlightenment would those worldly things really be worth it? 
Could you guys make a comparison of enlightenment to other things in terms of pleasure or satisfaction.
How good really is enlightenment?

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

you shouldn't compare enlightenment to worldly/bodily/temporary pleasures. I don't think enlightenment is a lifelong meth trip. It rather is an underlying deep peace and the recognizion of the celebration and the beauty that life itself is. a meth trip is something that comes and goes. orgasms are something that come and go. a muffin is something that comes and goes. but I think enlightenment and the peace stays and let you cherrish these things even more if you still want to do them.

Edited by Echoes

@Bugs you could compair it to being blind your whole life and then being able to see. 

You dont believe this at the core. But all mental suffering is self inflicted. When you are enligthend all this becomes clear and optional. So in comparison it feels good. On the other hand the feeling good part remains to be ego.

3 hours ago, Bugs said:

Could you guys make a comparison of enlightenment to other things in terms of pleasure or satisfaction.

What do you think enlightenment is? It all depends on your current assumptions about this word. Probably you think its just another thing to "have", a fancy mental state, a good trip. :D Now your ego is trying to trade things, it wants a good deal. It has turned the most fundamental step of evolution into a supermarket trip.

I don't know about enlightenment at all, so don't take my word, but after knowing that I'm just pure awareness and nothing at all, nothing has changed really. All worldly pleasures and pains are same. But I've lost so many things - beliefs, depression, anger, impulse desires, so on and so forth. So all I can say is you will gain nothing at all, you will lose many thing. In the end your ego that is weighing the "pros and cons" of enlightenment will be dead :D, there won't be anyone there to "enjoy the enlightenment", so how does that matter?

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

Enlightenment is not a experience, its just another way of perceiving the world. So if all your looking for so extreme experience I'd say go smoke some meth. 

Being lost forever and finally finding home/freedom all the time, everywhere. There's really no comparison or way of explaining properly but there are always examples you could make.

Hmm.. say earth was the only home and place in the universe that your species can thrive and the rest are just toxic downspirals of never ending loops of madness that you can never thrive in but just barely survive although other species that reside there live perfectly in harmony. With your little spaceship you travel for trillions of years from planet to planet, solar system to solar system, galaxy to galaxy, ect.. and eventually after eons and eons you find earth and you find all your people and everyone that's your own energetic connection and species, or your family (if you will) and you finally are able to function at your optimal levels and feel completely home and free all the time, indefinitely.

That's a little way you can say Enlightenment sort of feels like, so nothing in this world can really compare, I mean Psychedelics can give you glimpses of Enlightenment but when it happens naturally its much more profound and incomparable to anything else.

B R E A T H E