Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razard86

Why Honesty Is The Only Way To See The World Clearly

16 posts in this topic

The more dishonest you are, the more deluded you will be in reality. Honesty is more important than logic, as your ability to be honest will allow you to see through the delusions your mind creates out of fear. The most constant barrier most Men have is their aversion to admitting their fears. As a result they will never be able to see through their biases and have thus CAPPED their ability to grow in knowledge. 

The most important knowledge is self-knowledge. Why? Because without self-knowledge you cannot discover the layers and layers of delusions you have placed in your reality and it limits your capacity to make informed decisions in life. Don't fall for the trap of using dishonesty to get your way....I don't mean to sound mean here but the truth is....dishonesty actually MAKES YOU STUPID. And I am not fond of using the word stupid but it this situation it applies. Why? Because you will lie to yourself on why you do the things you do, project that onto "others" because we see "others" how we see ourselves and as a result you have just decreased your intelligence by magnitudes you cannot even measure. 

For example...I have met people who lie...they assume EVERYONE LIES. As a result, they are justified lying and will continue to lie unless they come across someone who is honest. Because they are dishonest and full of fear, they will deny when caught in lies, and construct more lies about how they are without fault and blame and the recipient of the lie is the one at fault. Lying....makes you blind, it distorts your world view. Notice....your countries are run by liars....why? Because the ones voting them into office are also liars.....so majority of the populations of countries complain everyday about things like discrimination, lack of parity, corruption, violence, etc......not realizing that all these problems are only a result of lying. You get rid of lying, which is the creation of distinction for personal gain, then...you can start walking the path towards a world that is a better reflection of reality. Humans are the only animals that fight with reality, because they have the ability to lie.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

how does someone who deceives themselves into believing that they are as honest as they can be, become more honest?

17 minutes ago, Julian gabriel said:

how does someone who deceives themselves into believing that they are as honest as they can be, become more honest?

Notice the times when you are not really honest with yourself. For example excuses, rationalizations... When you uncover uncomfortable truth, you feel your ego hurting because your self-image partially breaks down. With time you develop a taste for this kind of pain because you accept your truths and your self-image expands. Every painful and uncomfortable truth you uncover liberates you and sets you free.

Contemplate in your journal:

• In which areas of life and how did I deceive and bullshit myself in the past?
    • How did I deceive myself in my spiritual practice 2 years ago?
    • How did I deceive myself in my career 2 years ago?
  • In which areas of life and how do I deceive and bullshit myself right now?
    • How do I deceive myself in my spiritual practice?
    • How do I deceive myself in my career?

Looking into the past can be helpful to uncover your current patterns of lies.

A suggestion is to read Radical Honesty by Brad Blanton https://amzn.to/1K1Mypm.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

4 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

^There is no perfect method, because dishonesty with ourselves is unconscious. Our dishonesty hides from feelings of fear, shame, guilt etc. So there are two things you need to deal with to become better able to catch your dishonesty. Make a commitment to not tell lies to "others." I know it will be difficult since people are addicted to white lies, give up the white lies. 

Now the next thing is, if something makes you feel fear, shame or guilt, admit it to yourself. Never hide behind the mantra that "I'm fine, or I'm not afraid." The MOMENT you catch yourself IMMEDIATELY CALL BULLSHIT, and actually check to see if it is true. If it is...then all is well, if it isn't all is well also. But all is not well if you allow yourself the smokescreen of claiming all is well without checking!!!!! You gotta check!!!

When you drive, you check to see if your gas is full. When you cross the street you check to see if cars are coming. So why do we assume everything is fine all the time...even when sometimes it is so obvious it is not!!! You do that too much you become numb, and then your ability to detect emotional baggage....becomes impossible to detect because now you can't even feel it!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

How do you define honesty? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

On 11/10/2022 at 4:42 AM, Tyler Robinson said:

How do you define honesty? 

Honesty= The accurate, unfiltered expression of your state of consciousness. If you feel anger, you express it, if you feel sadness you express it, if you hate something you express it, complete authenticity of every state of consciousness.

By what level you filter...is the level of dishonesty you are it, notice we are conditioned to be "polite" and "nice." This creates levels of dishonesty where you try to convince yourself of something that is not true for you. Its why feelings are truth, they reveal where you are at in your development. Some people try to pretend they are something...but your feelings always reveal where you are at. 

The more you catch yourself trying to convince yourself of something that doesn't resonate....the better you can see through your own B.S. but this takes a willingness to accept the pain of your EGO as you continually kill it of its hold on your life. 

There is nothing more powerful than the TRUTH. The TRUTH of how you feel about yourself, others, life, everything!!! Be BRUTALLY HONEST WITH YOURSELF!!! Hold nothing back, hide nothing back!! Peel off all the layers!!! You must have noticed...that pretending to be happy, and ok, doesn't work. So why keep doing it? With this honesty....don't judge what comes up, but if you happen to judge it, don't judge the judgment!!! You need to be totally and completely naked, to see clearly. 

The Fall of Man symbolically is they ate the Fruit of the knowledge of Good and Evil which made them COVER themselves. They covered themselves with LIES!!!! Because they became self-conscious, noticed they were naked...and didn't like what they saw!! So they cover themselves with LIES!!!! Because they judged what they saw!!! Judgment= Knowledge of Good and Evil. Thus mankind fell!!! The animals...didn't fall, ONLY MANKIND!!!

On 9/11/2022 at 10:08 AM, Julian gabriel said:

the ego is a construction based on lies. lying is based on fear. the human from birth begins to build the structure based in lies. the first lie is the life/death duality, from there comes the second lie, the i/other duality. from there mine/yours, and the construction of a castle of lies begins that some of us try to deconstruct. You have to be very humble in this work of deconstructing since there are many traps. You think that you have already reached the end and you are only beginning. everything is lies. the truth is nothing. empty. any content of the mind is a lie, by definition. 

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Honesty= The accurate, unfiltered expression of your state of consciousness. If you feel anger, you express it, if you feel sadness you express it, if you hate something you express it, complete authenticity of every state of consciousness.

I agree with being brutally honest with yourself.  But, I think we need to be careful about expressing anger to another person.   Anger, itself, is an emotion coming from a lie, because anger is always based on an underlying hurt feeling.  Anger tends to distort the world.  To achieve more honest communication, it is more accurate and also healing to communicate the underlying hurt.     

Vincit omnia Veritas.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:29 AM, Jodistrict said:

I agree with being brutally honest with yourself.  But, I think we need to be careful about expressing anger to another person.   Anger, itself, is an emotion coming from a lie, because anger is always based on an underlying hurt feeling.  Anger tends to distort the world.  To achieve more honest communication, it is more accurate and also healing to communicate the underlying hurt.     

1. If one does not express their anger to its target, they will express it to another target. This is why people explode out of nowhere. There is no being careful about expressing anger. Express it. Being polite and nice...is why people commit murder and suicide.

2. If self expression wasn't stifled people would be more honest. Why do you think comedy and movies exist? Its the one time where people are allowed to see honest authentic expression of the human condition. The irony....is we have people who try to clamp down on that too!!!

3. Do you see animals trying to clamp down on expression? NO!!! Anger doesn't distort the world. If I am killing your family and anger arises....is that distortion? If I am stealing your possession and anger arises is that distortion?  You think anger needs to be carefully expressed because you don't trust yourself or others....which is why morality exists. You think people are innately evil and need morality to be good. In my own direct experience I have people not filter and totally express themselves with me...and they always choose no matter how angry they get....to allow themselves the space to calm down eventually. 

I do not fear the anger of others....but I have seen first hand what repressed anger looks like and what it does. Repressed anger is a much greater threat than the normal anger that arises. With authentic expression allowed repressed anger= resentment will stop being such a common occurrence. Why do you think lately there is such a defiance for authority? All this attempts to be careful is being thrown out the window.

9 hours ago, Razard86 said:

1. If one does not express their anger to its target, they will express it to another target. This is why people explode out of nowhere. There is no being careful about expressing anger. Express it. Being polite and nice...is why people commit murder and suicide.

People explode because they express anger and it escalates.  It is a positive feedback loop created in the mind that gets triggered by what amounts to millivolts of electricity.  Think about it.   When you express anger improperly, it escalates and people kill each other over a millivolt.  And there is a difference between being polite and being strong.  If you point out someone’s error without reactive emotions, you are coming from a position of strength.  And it does distort the world.  In angry mode, the world becomes polarized and the other is seen as a demon that is all bad.  It is a fictional interpretation.  It’s much more empowering to guide oneself in an objective state – see the world for what it really is.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

11 hours ago, Razard86 said:

one does not express their anger to its target, they will express it to another target

Anger is the most egoic emotion. means: for me to be you must not be. it is the emotion that makes the human tribal and murderous. For my gene to thrive, yours must die. anger leads to hate, hate to war, war to fear, and thus begins the endless cycle of human unhappiness, producing egos crushed by fear, which produce egos with more layers of fear. until one arrives and says: I break the cycle. I will free myself from fear. and leave the anger behind. 

8 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

People explode because they express anger and it escalates.  It is a positive feedback loop created in the mind that gets triggered by what amounts to millivolts of electricity.  Think about it.   When you express anger improperly, it escalates and people kill each other over a millivolt.  And there is a difference between being polite and being strong.  If you point out someone’s error without reactive emotions, you are coming from a position of strength.  And it does distort the world.  In angry mode, the world becomes polarized and the other is seen as a demon that is all bad.  It is a fictional interpretation.  It’s much more empowering to guide oneself in an objective state – see the world for what it really is.

You said express anger improperly that means you believe there is a right way to express anger. This belief in a right way to do things...is the belief of right and wrong. You don't know what is right or wrong....you find out AFTERWARDS. Until you realize you have never known what the right or wrong thing is....you will continue to live in delusion.

The highest truth is every single human on the planet is a fool, you are making up things as you go....making things up as you go is call bullshit. Every human being....is full of shit. 

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

You said express anger improperly that means you believe there is a right way to express anger. This belief in a right way to do things...is the belief of right and wrong. You don't know what is right or wrong....you find out AFTERWARDS. Until you realize you have never known what the right or wrong thing is....you will continue to live in delusion.

The highest truth is every single human on the planet is a fool, you are making up things as you go....making things up as you go is call bullshit. Every human being....is full of shit. 

There are principles which cause suffering when they are ignored.   Every spiritual tradition talks about them.  You mentioned "truth".  Yes there is truth.  As for anger, you don't have to remain silent.  You can talk about the hurt, the loss, and the errors that were committed, more clearly without the reactive emotions.  You have the right to speak up. 

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

9 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

There are principles which cause suffering when they are ignored.   Every spiritual tradition talks about them.  You mentioned "truth".  Yes there is truth.  As for anger, you don't have to remain silent.  You can talk about the hurt, the loss, and the errors that were committed, more clearly without the reactive emotions.  You have the right to speak up. 

And that is my point, Life is Self Corrective, You Don't Need Principles...Principles Is Just Your Projection Onto Life....How Do We Learn Anything? Life Teaches Us. The Reason I Can Safely Say That Anger Doesn't Need To Be Controlled...Is Because Life Will Reveals In Its Own Way The Proper Expression Of Anger. If You Try To Control It, The Way A Human Believes It Should Be Expressed, It Will Be Repressed. 

A Human Tells Somebody...Shhhh Don't Yell, Sometimes For The Person To Express Themselves Yelling Is Appropriate. You Cannot Snap Your Fingers And Change A Person's Emotional Maturity. So For Them Yelling May Be Appropriate Until They Outgrow That Form Of Expression. If You Fight This....You Will Learn The Hard Way That Reality Always Expresses Itself As It Is....Not How You Want It To Be.

Here's a fun exercise...stop thinking there is a difference between a baby and an adult. I am sure you have come across adults with the emotional maturity of a baby. Can you MAKE a baby stop crying? Or does it have to learn to stop? Because we look at an adult physically and assume them to have emotional maturity we are caught off guard when they act childish. But see that is our bias, then we project onto them and say...well they SHOULD act like this because look how old they are!!!!

Then we try to control them and get them to act the way we think an adult should act and we get the same issues we get with a child just in a bigger body. This is Reality teaching you a core concept....that rules...do not control anybody. They never have and never will. Even the fear of punishment is not an effective deterrent. 

At the end of the day...Reality just expresses itself as it is...and we constantly keep reinterpreting it to make sense of it. But the truth is all our attempts to make sense of it...is never a true representation of what is actually going on. EVER.

Edited by Razard86

5 hours ago, Razard86 said:

That Anger Doesn't Need To Be Controlled...Is Because Life Will Reveals In Its Own Way The Proper Expression Of Anger. If You Try To Control It, The Way A Human Believes It Should Be Expressed, It Will Be Repressed. 

Right, control anything is just repression. Anger must be transcended. Well, "must", just if you want to deepen what you are. if that doesn't matter to you, you don't have to do anything. there is no good or bad, you're right. If you hit your finger with a hammer, that's not "bad", it's just a source of pain. The pain is not bad, it's just pain.

If there is anger in you, that will enhance the appearance of division between you and the other. hate is the maximum division, love is unity. they are not opposites, one is real and the other is false. anger binds you in falsehood. is that bad? no it's just false

Here is an example of dishonesty in real time. I don't know much about the drama involving Football as I don't watch it. But this is a wide receiver named Antonio Brown. Antonio Brown is a former NFL Player was considered at one point the best player at his position. Because of issues involving his personality he became black balled in the NFL. Tom Brady reached out and helped him get back in the league and then out of nowhere Antonio Brown started poking fun at him.

Tom Brady is currently going through a divorce and Antonio Brown makes a parody T-Shirt about raising money for Father Less Kids with a picture of him hugging Tom Brady's wife when they won the Super Bowl I believe. Notice how he looks down, and away and refuses to take responsibility for his actions. Notice how he denies how his actions could potentially cause pain? 

He says the statement "That's his personal life I have nothing to do with that." But notice you can easily debunk it by saying "You do when you poke fun about his divorce publicly."

As you move through life, if you do not take accountability for your actions and avert your eyes you will not be able to see reality clearly. This is why honesty is so rare, because being honest is painful. Anyone that hurts you must deny that they hurt you, otherwise they have to take on the hurt they placed on you. Why did they hurt you? Because they were hurting and tired of hurting so they needed a relief and you were the perfect target. 

Antonio Brown gets criticized a lot, while Tom Brady's media attention is the exact opposite. He mostly gets positive media attention, and favoritism and that probably rubbed Brown the wrong way. I won't try to go any deeper because there are a lot of details that are unknown and might come out in some book some day.

The moral of this one is own up to your mistakes, and don't avoid the pain that comes from admitting that. If you do, you will become a dishonest person. The more you avoid pain, the more you spread it.